What made your day today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
crater

Re: What made your day today?

#3701 Post by crater » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:46 pm

perkana wrote:Cute dog! What's her name?
Her name is Molly. Short for Molly Cool. Which I just changed a bit from Molecule.

I wanted to name her something scientific and was going to name her Atom, because when I first saw her she was so tiny. But after thinking it over I decided to go with Molly Cool because I knew if I was out walking her and someone asked her name and I said Atom, they would think I said Adam and would then probably ask me why I named a girl dog Adam and then I'd have to say "Oh no, it's Atom, A.T.O.M., not Adam...." and I didn't feel like doing that over and over and over.

But I also call her Mall, MeMaw, Mellows and Monkey. And when she was walking in the snow I started calling her my little White Walker :hehe:

crater

#3702 Post by crater » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:41 pm

I can't believe that I forgot to say that I also call my dog Hot Tamale.

That name came about when we had unusually hot weather here where I'm at in Oregon and the dog was completely sprawled out on the back of the couch trying to cool off and when I looked at her I said to my friend "Look, it's even hot to Molly", when a second or two passed I started to laugh because I realized that I just called my dog a Hot Tamale.

kv

#3703 Post by kv » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:29 pm

My dog's name is willy. He goes by willy, wee willy wall, Willis, William, lil will, asshole, Bubbie, Hank, old man, my boy, little man, my pup, Wilford, Wilmer, Wilburt, Wilber and dummy

chaos

#3704 Post by chaos » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:51 pm

crater wrote:I can't believe that I forgot to say that I also call my dog Hot Tamale.

That name came about when we had unusually hot weather here where I'm at in Oregon and the dog was completely sprawled out on the back of the couch trying to cool off and when I looked at her I said to my friend "Look, it's even hot to Molly", when a second or two passed I started to laugh because I realized that I just called my dog a Hot Tamale.
That is funny. :lol:

chaos

#3705 Post by chaos » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:52 pm

kv wrote:My dog's name is willy. He goes by willy, wee willy wall, Willis, William, lil will, asshole, Bubbie, Hank, old man, my boy, little man, my pup, Wilford, Wilmer, Wilburt, Wilber and dummy
So does he simply just come to you whenever you talk? :lol:

kv

#3706 Post by kv » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:28 pm

You misunderstood, he is a sock puppet.

Naw any form of will...Rest of the time he looks at me like I am having a stroke

Matz

#3707 Post by Matz » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:18 pm

winter swimming today! water is 1-2 C and the air is about the same! :rockon:

perkana

#3708 Post by perkana » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:42 pm

crater wrote:I can't believe that I forgot to say that I also call my dog Hot Tamale.

My first dog was a Chihuahua named Ren and we would call him Renato. My mom didn't want us to call him Ren because she said others would call him Renacuajo (tadpole in Spanish). She was the only one who called him like that. P.S. white walker is a sweet nickname! When I get a dog I will definitely use a GoT related name.
kv wrote: My dog's name is willy. He goes by willy, wee willy wall, Willis, William, lil will, asshole, Bubbie, Hank, old man, my boy, little man, my pup, Wilford, Wilmer, Wilburt, Wilber and dummy
My parents' dog is called Pipo and one of his nicknames is Piporipo. It sounded funny when my eldest niece pronounced it with her American accent when she was little :lol:
I used to think he was deaf when he arrived because he didn't listen to me. But now that he's almost 8, he understands everything, especially when I call him baby. I have to remember not to call him that in public because I've never wanted to be one of those crazy mushy dog people. I do call him love when I walk him, though.

wally

#3709 Post by wally » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:26 pm

Dougie B goes by D, Doug, Dougie, D Bizzle, Mr Biscuits, Mr Dougie Biscuits, Dingus, Dougie BooBoo and D Bone.

Snowboarding three days in Colorado made my week.
Breckenridge, Keystone, and A Basin.
nice spots. :cool:

SR

#3710 Post by SR » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:26 am

wally wrote:Snowboarding three days in Colorado made my week.
Breckenridge, Keystone, and A Basin.
nice spots. :cool:
jealous :rockon:

creep
Site Admin

#3711 Post by creep » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:43 pm

for the third or fourth time i my life i spotted the wiener mobile driving down the highway in north dakota.

kv

#3712 Post by kv » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:38 pm

I used to see it around me all the time...Like every month or so...But haven't seen it in prob 15 years now

Artemis

#3713 Post by Artemis » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:00 pm

Got a birthday card in the email today with a $50 gift certificate for the LCBO (liquor store). :banana: :rockon: :drink:

perkana

#3714 Post by perkana » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:36 pm

Got some great news about my granny's nose cancer. No metastasis and she got her treatment approved by her health service.
She's 94 btw

chaos

#3715 Post by chaos » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:04 pm

I almost posted this in the "annoying" thread, but since everything ended well I'm posting here. I had to take one of my cats to the vet today for his checkup and rabies vaccination. He is 16lbs and does not like the carrier. He screamed at me all throughout the drive there. As I was leaving the vet, the cat carrier fell apart in the parking lot (it's plastic, and the top snaps together with the bottom). My strictly indoor cat ran under my car. I went under the car after him, but he climb up into the opening to my engine. Errr. I was a crazy person (covered in snow/slush/salt). I eventually got him once I opened the hood. I put him in the car, and then picked up the pieces of the carrier. Once I finally got into the car I spent another 10 minutes trying to get the cat out from behind the brake and gas pedals. He was quiet during the ride home as he sat on his blanket in the passenger's seat. :lol:

Here he is bird watching, longing for the great outdoors. :lol:

nausearockpig

#3716 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:19 pm

He's beautiful. And quite clearly very naughty !!!

Artemis

#3717 Post by Artemis » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:43 pm

I'm glad you and the cat are doing well after your parking lot adventure. :lol:

The toasty radiator by the window is a nice spot to watch the birds and contemplate freedom. :mediate:

nausearockpig

#3718 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:41 pm

Worry not, I found it. In the car, that I'd checked.. By "I found it", I actually mean my wife found it......

For reference: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33&start=4740#p123136

sinep

#3719 Post by sinep » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:36 pm

kv wrote:I used to see it around me all the time...Like every month or so...But haven't seen it in prob 15 years now
Yeah what' sup with that??? I used to see it a lot too.

I would get so excited.

Pandemonium

#3720 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:19 am

Meet Kahlua.

Although we've been looking for a dog other then another Labrador the last couple months, we went to one breeder a few weeks ago who had a few 2 month old Chocolate Labs and my wife was really taken with 'em. So last Friday, I went back there while she was working and picked up this one as a surprise for her birthday.

kv

#3721 Post by kv » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:39 am

Pandemonium wrote:Meet Kahlua.

Although we've been looking for a dog other then another Labrador the last couple months, we went to one breeder a few weeks ago who had a few 2 month old Chocolate Labs and my wife was really taken with 'em. So last Friday, I went back there while she was working and picked up this one as a surprise for her birthday.

Awwwww...Back on the horse :wiggle:

Enjoy your new decade of love...And poop...Lots of poop

Cheers (even though you stole my future Choco lab name)

farrellgirl99

#3722 Post by farrellgirl99 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:11 pm

OMG :love:

SR

#3723 Post by SR » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:13 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Meet Kahlua.

:love: :rockon: :heart: :thumb: :love: :rockon: :heart: :thumb: :love: :rockon: :heart: :thumb:

SR

#3724 Post by SR » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:20 pm

Need a Kahlua thread for photo updates on growth, exploits, chewed furniture and clothing, wet newspaper, first swim, fetching, etc. :nod: ....or let's change the GR thread to GR and Labs.... :rockon:

Beautiful pup; I'm fuckin jealous.....and glad you didn't name him Eddie or Roth

Artemis

#3725 Post by Artemis » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:37 pm

Congrats on your new fur baby, Panda! Kahlua is gorgeous! :love: :heart:

I agree with SR, post photos of the puppy milestones and shenanigans.