What made your day today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
creep
Site Admin

Re: What made your day today?

#3201 Post by creep » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:13 pm

mockbee wrote:
creep wrote:
that sounds like a great plan. i hope you get it.

i have to start looking for work soon so the land thing all depends on the job i get. i really don't want to commute an hour to sacramento so if i can get a job in the area or where i wouldn't have to commute i would do it. i would want to build a garage with a small one bedroom inlaw type quarters on the side first and eventually build a main house. thanks for the help offer...since i'm sure i would need it. :wave:
Guess what creep................ I got it! :banana:

They came back with a very reasonable counter and we accepted today. Going to go look at it again and visit the city building depts. next week for due dilligence.

I'm so stoked, I still can't believe it. First thing I've ever spent more than $4K for myself......... :bday:
awesome...you must be pretty excited. with remodels i'm pretty much stuck with the original design. it would be great to be able to design and build your own ideas. if i remember right you have an architectural and construction background so you have it all covered.

mockbee

#3202 Post by mockbee » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:47 pm

creep wrote:
awesome...you must be pretty excited. with remodels i'm pretty much stuck with the original design. it would be great to be able to design and build your own ideas. if i remember right you have an architectural and construction background so you have it all covered.
yeah kinda lost in a sea of ideas right now. :wiggle:

It looks like you do a great job with your remodels. I'm only experienced with rough framing and just general stick frame building, nothing specific. But, am actually an architect in CA (well, just need to take a final supplemental test after already passing 7 exams to make it official, but I hate hoops, so have dragged my feet) and have about 12 years experience. I actually like the idea of having a structure set and then working to make something better with parameters. A blank page doesn't actually appeal to me, even though I think that does for most architects. With this property though, there are a lot of parameters already, it's on a city mandated environmental conservation zone, so you can't rip it up or build deep on the lot or cut trees etc. I like that, but need to really make sure on my visit up there that the city is cool with a very modest dwelling on it (all indications say they are so far) .

And, as you well know, even with doing a bunch of work yourself, construction is not cheap, so there's that as well. Whatever though, it's a good investment and just dinking around will make me happy for a while.

kv

#3203 Post by kv » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:00 pm

grats... enjoy your headaches

mockbee

#3204 Post by mockbee » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:19 pm

kv wrote:grats... enjoy your headaches
Thanks, yeah I figure I have a good year or two of fun thinking and planning before any real headaches. Even then, what should we do, sit around and wait to die. :noclue:

Aren't you going to idaho or something like that? Got property there?

kv

#3205 Post by kv » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:55 pm

ya been dragging my ass..nothing yet and i am gonna buy full lazy mode...just a lot on a block with a new house already built someplace with a nice community center/home owners association so i don't have to plow my driveway or maintain my own pool...then use the state of idaho for my get away as far as camping and fishing and the like....prob just a standard 3-4 bedroom 2-3 bath job...just want a lot big enough so my dog can run around but no so big it's a headache...what am i talking about? i'll have a gardener too....when i was younger all i wanted was property...now older i want less headaches...where i live was built in 1963...my other house is 82 i think....i want like a 2010 or newer...so i can be lazy as fuck for at least 20 years with minimal headaches....cheers on your new property

perkana

#3206 Post by perkana » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:59 pm

I never win anything and today while I was browsing twitter, I saw a message about winning tickets to an acoustic show. I had to be one of the first 15 people to retweet. So, I got two tickets :wiggle:
It's an early show, so I'm glad :lol:

Warped

#3207 Post by Warped » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:21 pm

perkana wrote:I never win anything and today while I was browsing twitter, I saw a message about winning tickets to an acoustic show. I had to be one of the first 15 people to retweet. So, I got two tickets :wiggle:
It's an early show, so I'm glad :lol:
Congrats!! Who is playing?

Anyway, glad i can go the gym again today after almost two weeks pause because of being ill.....which means...going to see my trainer again :love:

perkana

#3208 Post by perkana » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:25 pm

It's a surf band. I have never seen them live nor listened much to their music. But it's the last taping of the year for an acoustic shows tv series. But hey, it's free and just in time before I'm leaving for the holidays.

perkana

#3209 Post by perkana » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:21 am

After all these years, I finally got what I wanted...I have red hair :cool:

Hype

#3210 Post by Hype » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:02 am

Back in Canada after 3 months in Wisconsin. Back in my own home, real non-airmattress bed... so good to be home. I will miss Madison though.

perkana

#3211 Post by perkana » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:53 am

I've been feeling blue so I've been into bluesy tunes lately. But fuck me, I'm listening to this right now and it's so damn good. I want a guy who sings like that to me in my ear every morning :cool:
http://www.npr.org/event/music/36873010 ... sk-concert

zdilla

#3212 Post by zdilla » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:33 am

Hi peeps, i'm down to 187 lbs from 200 due to my yoga scholarship and home practice, i can't believe it, i never thought i could lose weight due to the meds im on, and i now joined a gym and plan on getting some private training sessions to get down to 180!!

plus my paintings are at the coffee shop and a buyer just purchased three minor paintings of mine for $300, that's like 3 private training sessions for me!, my paintings sell, if i could paint and sell at a reasonable rate maybe i could make some money off my work!

I do get very hopeful about art at some moments, i've been doing some journaling about art and life, but at other moments it feels like my life is in ruin :sad:

Im taking it day by day, and i'm killing my yoga practice, please pray for me peeps! :cool:

Artemis

#3213 Post by Artemis » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:42 am

That`s fantastic, zdilla! I`m happy for you. :bigrin: :rockon:

zdilla

#3214 Post by zdilla » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Thank you Artemis!! it's wierd, i feel like the out ofshape, fat guy in yoga class, but i swear i'm getting much better!!! :wave:

Romeo

#3215 Post by Romeo » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:04 pm

zdilla wrote:Hi peeps, i'm down to 187 lbs from 200 due to my yoga scholarship and home practice, i can't believe it, i never thought i could lose weight due to the meds im on, and i now joined a gym and plan on getting some private training sessions to get down to 180!!

plus my paintings are at the coffee shop and a buyer just purchased three minor paintings of mine for $300, that's like 3 private training sessions for me!, my paintings sell, if i could paint and sell at a reasonable rate maybe i could make some money off my work!

I do get very hopeful about art at some moments, i've been doing some journaling about art and life, but at other moments it feels like my life is in ruin :sad:

Im taking it day by day, and i'm killing my yoga practice, please pray for me peeps! :cool:
:thumb: Yoga is not only great for getting in shape but also for clearing your mind!

zdilla

#3216 Post by zdilla » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:25 am

Thanks Romeo, indeed it is good for your mind! :nod:

Romeo

#3217 Post by Romeo » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:02 am

:hehe:

Warped

#3218 Post by Warped » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:24 am

Well after hard work at the gym i am finally losing weight easily....and i am so proud of myself that i did not give up. I also changed my eating drastically which makes me feel much better too. I do not eat in the evening except for some yoghurt or milkshake, no carbs. It works.

All in all, i am very happy. :wave: :rockon:

Now i have to thank my trainer who helped me do this and always was at my side when needed.
Hmmm how can i do that..i guess i invite him for some breakfast... :love:

Larry B.

#3219 Post by Larry B. » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:18 am

:lol:

C'mon, you have to come out now. Have you shagged him already? Are you going to?

Artemis

#3220 Post by Artemis » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:31 am

Congrats to you too, warped! :rockon:

A breakfast date, eh? :hehe:

Warped

#3221 Post by Warped » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:45 am

:lol: Larry, i would say "it's in the making"..some signals from his side, hints and looks... promising , some messages sent.
I'll keep you updated. :hehe:

I was always too shy and missed out some hotties due to that in my youth, too much thinking is not good, better do it.

I remember a party where i was wondering about asking the one hot guy if he wanted to make out (and i had such a crush on that dude) ..waited too long and found him fucking some other girl (good friend of mine btw) upstairs later.... :lol: :no:

Artemis

#3222 Post by Artemis » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:05 pm

Have you thought about buying Dave Navarro's 'The Strap"? Maybe you can use it in your exercise routine. :hehe:

Warped

#3223 Post by Warped » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:09 pm

:lol:

Artemis

#3224 Post by Artemis » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:38 pm

Haircut, colour, and a good return on an investment made my day! :rockon:

Matz

#3225 Post by Matz » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:23 pm

Dave Navarro is God is back up!! I've been missing geeking around there from time to time.....cool :bigrin: :cool: :hehe: :love: