What made your day today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
creep
Site Admin

Re: What made your day today?

#3176 Post by creep » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:34 am

that's not the real one right? has to be fan made. the font is too shitty an amateurish to be real.

i went out today to my first black friday record store day. i got to the store 10 minutes early and there were about 10 people in line. i waited in my car and was the last one in and got the faith no more single for $6. that was all i was after. that was easy.

perkana

#3177 Post by perkana » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:39 am

That was the international teaser...this is the official one:

I still don't know who came up with the name.

MYXYLPLYX

#3178 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:01 pm

creep wrote:that's not the real one right? has to be fan made. the font is too shitty an amateurish to be real.

i went out today to my first black friday record store day. i got to the store 10 minutes early and there were about 10 people in line. i waited in my car and was the last one in and got the faith no more single for $6. that was all i was after. that was easy.

If you went to Ameoba in SF, Faith No More are playing a five song set for free.

:noclue:

creep
Site Admin

#3179 Post by creep » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:06 pm

MYXYLPLYX wrote:
creep wrote:that's not the real one right? has to be fan made. the font is too shitty an amateurish to be real.

If you went to Ameoba in SF, Faith No More are playing a five song set for free.

:noclue:
i saw that. i would have had 4 hours to get down there and i was just too lazy. i saw the raconteurs at ameoba and it was sort of a mess. i would rather wait and see a full show. :noclue:

MYXYLPLYX

#3180 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:26 pm

creep wrote:
i saw that. i would have had 4 hours to get down there and i was just too lazy. i saw the raconteurs at ameoba and it was sort of a mess. i would rather wait and see a full show. :noclue:
Gah, I suck. I heard about it a week ago and totally forgot to post about it. When did they announce it?

Somebody asked me if I wanted to go and take pics and do a write up for some website, but I'm in San Diego for the holidays and couldn't do it.

:sad:

Juana

#3181 Post by Juana » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:27 am

I bought 3 more guitars today. 2 PRS's and a Gibson. :rockon: I probably won't get to play them until next month. :(

nausearockpig

#3182 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:14 am

Juana wrote:I bought 3 more guitars today. 2 PRS's and a Gibson. :rockon:
LIKE.

creep
Site Admin

#3183 Post by creep » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:54 am

MYXYLPLYX wrote:
creep wrote:
Gah, I suck. I heard about it a week ago and totally forgot to post about it. When did they announce it?

Somebody asked me if I wanted to go and take pics and do a write up for some website, but I'm in San Diego for the holidays and couldn't do it.

:sad:
shit that sucks. they announced it 4 hours before the show. i get why they waited so long. it would of been a huge crowd if they announced it earlier.

zdilla

#3184 Post by zdilla » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:49 am

I hung my paintings at the local coffee shop, maybe i'll post some pics! a woman today, the barista said, was very interested and took down my contact info! and i just sold two still-lifes for $550, i've sold more work than Van Gogh did!! :cool:

perkana

#3185 Post by perkana » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:21 am

Awesome Z...I'm so happy for you :heart:

Artemis

#3186 Post by Artemis » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:23 am

Zdilla...congrats on selling some paintings! :cool:

Matz

#3187 Post by Matz » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:42 am

+ 1 that's awesome

zdilla

#3188 Post by zdilla » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:18 pm

Thank you guys!! :wave:

Romeo

#3189 Post by Romeo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:06 pm

zdilla wrote:I hung my paintings at the local coffee shop, maybe i'll post some pics! a woman today, the barista said, was very interested and took down my contact info! and i just sold two still-lifes for $550, i've sold more work than Van Gogh did!! :cool:
:banana: :thumb:

creep
Site Admin

#3190 Post by creep » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:12 pm

sad news for artemis. i am now planning my move to china.
China Just Placed A Ban On Puns

China has banned the use of wordplay within its borders in all forms of media. No puns, idioms, or other creative uses of language allowed.

It sounds like a joke, but it's true. According to The Guardian, the State Administration for Press, Publication, Radio, Film, and Television in China has ordered that all media shall use literal language and refrain from puns and other creative wordplay.

They claim that such wordplay makes it harder to expand cultural heritage and misleads the public, despite that wordplay is an inherent part of Chinese culture.

They state that it would create "cultural and linguistic chaos" to continue to do what they've been doing for centuries. As of yet, social order has not taken a licking from idiomatic use of the Chinese tongue.

The academic director for CET Chinese studies at Beijing Capital Normal University, David Moser, says, "It could just be a small group of people, or even one person, who are conservative, humourless, priggish and arbitrarily purist, so that everyone has to fall in line.

But I wonder if this is not a preemptive move, an excuse to crack down for supposed ‘linguistic purity reasons’ on the cute language people use to crack jokes about the leadership or policies. It sounds too convenient."

This could be likely, as Chinese internet users have been resourceful in using wordplay to discuss sensitive and subversive issues.
The order states, “Radio and television authorities at all levels must tighten up their regulations and crack down on the irregular and inaccurate use of the Chinese language, especially the misuse of idioms.”

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/worl ... z3Km0KZAFQ

Artemis

#3191 Post by Artemis » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:57 pm

China, shmina. :eyes:
France is the place to be. It's a country that appreciates puns and even honours wordplay.

nausearockpig

#3192 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:00 pm

zdilla wrote:I hung my paintings at the local coffee shop, maybe i'll post some pics! a woman today, the barista said, was very interested and took down my contact info! and i just sold two still-lifes for $550, i've sold more work than Van Gogh did!! :cool:
Excellent!!!

nausearockpig

#3193 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:12 pm

creep wrote:sad news for artemis. i am now planning my move to china.
I assume you've checked to see howany Mexican restaurants there are there....

mockbee

#3194 Post by mockbee » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:14 am

Making a serious bid on this. Already vetted and looks good. :love: :bday:

I don't think I've been this excited in a while. :rockon:

View

creep
Site Admin

#3195 Post by creep » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:24 am

leaving the bay area?

that looks pretty rural to be so close to town.

i have been looking at land in the placerville area. i want to build a house before i'm too old to do it. what are you planning on building?

mockbee

#3196 Post by mockbee » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:40 am

creep wrote:leaving the bay area?

i have been looking at land in the placerville area. i want to build a house before i'm too old to do it. what are you planning on building?
Not leaving for a little bit, maybe a couple more years. Doing great here and still love our apartment with rent-control, but don't want to end up like the old guy next door who can't move and has been there 30 years, which would be our only option if we stayed. I wouldn't leave SF to somewhere else in the bay area. My wife wants to go back to school and I want to build something.

That is a 1/3 acre lot at the bottom of the largest urban park in the country, industrial and then the river below that. Zoned R2 so we could develop incrimentally with multiple residential units; small guesthouse, main house, etc. Less than one mile outside hip NW Portland. Easy bike ride.

Get some land creep! If you start designing or building in the next year or two, I'll help you! (well, anytime you are looking for design advice I'm all ears) :thumb:

Other side of road.

creep
Site Admin

#3197 Post by creep » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:51 am

mockbee wrote:
creep wrote:leaving the bay area?

Not leaving for a little bit, maybe a couple more years. Doing great here and still love our apartment with rent-control, but don't want to end up like the old guy next door who can't move and has been there 30 years, which would be our only option if we stayed. I wouldn't leave SF to somewhere else in the bay area. My wife wants to go back to school and I want to build something.

That is a 1/3 acre lot at the bottom of the largest urban park in the country, industrial and then the river below that. Zoned R2 so we could develop incrimentally with multiple residential units; small guesthouse, main house, etc. Less than one mile outside hip NW Portland. Easy bike ride.

Get some land creep! If you start designing or building in the next year or two, I'll help you! (well, anytime you are looking for design advice I'm all ears) :thumb:
that sounds like a great plan. i hope you get it.

i have to start looking for work soon so the land thing all depends on the job i get. i really don't want to commute an hour to sacramento so if i can get a job in the area or where i wouldn't have to commute i would do it. i would want to build a garage with a small one bedroom inlaw type quarters on the side first and eventually build a main house. thanks for the help offer...since i'm sure i would need it. :wave:

mockbee

#3198 Post by mockbee » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:04 am

creep wrote:
Thanks! :bigrin:

And I'm sure you know more about property and improvements than I do...........so little help here on that. :dunce:

perkana

#3199 Post by perkana » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:11 pm

Mexico City's police chief quit today. He had applauded officers who had used force on innocent protesters. Civic pressure does work motherfucker! :rockon:

mockbee

#3200 Post by mockbee » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:20 pm

creep wrote:

i have to start looking for work soon so the land thing all depends on the job i get. i really don't want to commute an hour to sacramento so if i can get a job in the area or where i wouldn't have to commute i would do it. i would want to build a garage with a small one bedroom inlaw type quarters on the side first and eventually build a main house. thanks for the help offer...since i'm sure i would need it. :wave:
Guess what creep................ I got it! :banana:

They came back with a very reasonable counter and we accepted today. Going to go look at it again and visit the city building depts. next week for due dilligence.

I'm so stoked, I still can't believe it. First thing I've ever spent more than $4K for myself......... :bday: