What made your day today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
clickie

Re: What made your day today?

#2451 Post by clickie » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:42 pm

Anyone here ever seen a psychic who told you something that made you a believer?

perkana

#2452 Post by perkana » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:03 pm

I don't believe in that crap clickie. I just know they tell you what you want to hear and charge you a shit load for that
Though something funny happened to me once, I was out having dinner with my ex-bf and my best friend + her ex-bf. A dude did a psychic trick with us and he told me that I was going to have twins with my then bf. I was already thinking about breaking up with him, so I guess this speedied things up :lol:

nausearockpig

#2453 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:26 pm

Traded a whole bunch of comic books I didn't want for a bunch of Invincible comics. By the guy who writes The Walking Dead. Is rad.

Pandemonium

#2454 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:39 pm

nausearockpig wrote:Traded a whole bunch of comic books I didn't want for a bunch of Invincible comics. By the guy who writes The Walking Dead. Is rad.
In the early 70's I found a decent copy of Spiderman #1 for a whopping 10 cents in a box of random comics at a swap meet. I sold it around 1980 for $100 (which was a stupid sell even back then). If I held on to it 'til now, I probably could sell it and buy another house.

nausearockpig

#2455 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:33 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:Traded a whole bunch of comic books I didn't want for a bunch of Invincible comics. By the guy who writes The Walking Dead. Is rad.
In the early 70's I found a decent copy of Spiderman #1 for a whopping 10 cents in a box of random comics at a swap meet. I sold it around 1980 for $100 (which was a stupid sell even back then). If I held on to it 'til now, I probably could sell it and buy another house.

You coulda made a sweeet profit that's for sure..

The first appearance of Spider-man:
From wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazing_Fantasy
...in September 2000, Metropolis Comics in New York City brought the only known CGC-graded 9.6 (near-mint plus) copy to market and sold it for $140,000. In October 2007, a near-mint copy sold for $210,000 in an online auction on ComicLink.com. A near-mint CGC-graded 9.6 copy sold for $1.1 million to an unnamed collector on March 7, 2011, making the issue one of only three different comic books to have broken the million-dollar mark (the others being the debut of Superman in Action Comics #1, of which three copies have sold for more than $1 million each; and the first appearance of Batman in Detective Comics #27).
Up for auction soon if you're interested http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=78951

The first actual Spider-man comic a bit later on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Spider-Man

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=78991

Crazy stuff..

perkana

#2456 Post by perkana » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:21 pm

I'm already done with my paper and my thesis paper. Just need to get prepared for my first exam in January. Looks like it's going to a be a stress-free holiday :wiggle:

crater

#2457 Post by crater » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:55 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:

You coulda made a sweeet profit that's for sure..

The first appearance of Spider-man:
From wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazing_Fantasy
I hope that the comic he sold wasn't actually Amazing Fantasy #15 :yikes:

Warped

#2458 Post by Warped » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:33 am

Smoke-free since November 20 :rockon:

Juana

#2459 Post by Juana » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:37 pm

Just got all the turkeys in for the event I'm doing to feed some of the local college kids that can't go home or have to work on Turkey Day. Got basically 150lbs worth of bird, 100lbs worth of brisket AND I got a couple of places to donate sides for it. I'm fucking excited. Combine that with some local bands playing it for free from the Austin area I just hope the weather holds up

Pandemonium

#2460 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:52 pm

crater wrote:I hope that the comic he sold wasn't actually Amazing Fantasy #15 :yikes:
No, it was Spiderman #1, the issue where he tries to join the Fantastic Four.

The most I ever got for a single comic was when I sold a good quality copy of Giant Size X-Men #1 (the one that introduced Wolverine, etc) for $750 in '99.

Matz

#2461 Post by Matz » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:13 pm

Warped wrote:Smoke-free since November 20 :rockon:
Nice goin, Warped....when I first read it I for some reason thought 'oh wow, that's more than a month' then I realized it's..ehm 6 days..still, it's an accomplishment. Keep goin, it gets easier and easier

Warped

#2462 Post by Warped » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:37 am

Yeah i know it is not that long but i am sure i will make it. It was way easier than i expected and from the money i'll save now i will do me something good like ordering a callboy or stuff..... :lol: :hehe:

Larry B.

#2463 Post by Larry B. » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:51 am

:lol: :lol:

Yeah, good stuff. I'm also thinking it's a beautiful gesture. I'd even give you a freebie... :boobs:

creep
Site Admin

#2464 Post by creep » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:38 am

Warped wrote:Yeah i know it is not that long but i am sure i will make it. It was way easier than i expected and from the money i'll save now i will do me something good like ordering a callboy or stuff..... :lol: :hehe:
does your husband smoke? if he does with him being gone that is the best time to quit. i could never quit if i was around someone that smoked.

Warped

#2465 Post by Warped » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:19 am

No, he quit over 5 years ago.

Artemis

#2466 Post by Artemis » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Rob Ford strikes again..

Here he is posing with some Hells Angels dudes. :lol:

Rob Ford unwittingly poses with Hells Angels http://cbc.sh/iVoKUYZ

"How am I supposed to know who’s who? Seriously," Ford said, rolling his eyes when a reporter asked him if he could explain the photo.

"I don’t check for people’s credentials and ask for resumés before I take a picture."

Larry B.

#2467 Post by Larry B. » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:33 pm

:lol:

Coincidentally, today I bumped into this: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fag
Urban Dictionary wrote: Fag

1. An extremely annoying, inconsiderate person most commonly associated with Harley riders.

2. A person who owns or frequently rides a Harley.

"Look at that fag riding that Harley."

"Why are these fags always so loud."

Juana

#2468 Post by Juana » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:16 pm

Larry B. wrote::lol:

Coincidentally, today I bumped into this: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fag
Urban Dictionary wrote: Fag

1. An extremely annoying, inconsiderate person most commonly associated with Harley riders.

2. A person who owns or frequently rides a Harley.

"Look at that fag riding that Harley."

"Why are these fags always so loud."
I wonder if someone reads that site and then walks up to someone in a 1% gang and says that.. I would like to see that on Youtube :lolol:

Pandemonium

#2469 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:22 pm

Juana wrote:I wonder if someone reads that site and then walks up to someone in a 1% gang and says that.. I would like to see that on Youtube :lolol:
I don't think Youtube allows snuff videos.

perkana

#2470 Post by perkana » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:29 am

Triquis vs. Spurs during practice

Triquis (kids from Oaxaca) who won a worldwide kids championship. I'm such a big fan of theirs

perkana

#2471 Post by perkana » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:59 am

I'm officially on holidays next Wednesday, thank you to the Virgin of Guadalupe, dec. 12 is a national holiday and no one is going to work the next day. I only have the FF show! :rockon:

Larry B.

#2472 Post by Larry B. » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:43 am

Knowing what matches I'm going to see in the World Cup next year.

- Argentina vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina, in Rio de Janeiro. (I get to see Messi and Agüero, bar an injury.)

- Belgium vs. Algeria, in Belo Horizonte. (I get to see a Manchester United player for the first time, bar an injury.)

- Colombia vs. Ivory Coast, in Brasilia. (Toure, Drogba and Falcao. Couldn't ask for more.)

VERY happy with this, especially for having that first game in the Maracaná. My first WC match ever. I might get explosive diarrhea out of sheer excitement.

A part of me wished I had had more luck and get to see Germany or Spain or England, but in the end it's part of the deal you get if you book everything more than a year in advance. And I mustn't forget why I wanted to go in the first place: just to live the experience of the World Cup. I bet I'm going to cry during the hymn of fucking Bosnia-Herzegovina.

:bday:

krakle

#2473 Post by krakle » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:45 pm

Larry B. wrote:Knowing what matches I'm going to see in the World Cup next year.

- Argentina vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina, in Rio de Janeiro. (I get to see Messi and Agüero, bar an injury.)

- Belgium vs. Algeria, in Belo Horizonte. (I get to see a Manchester United player for the first time, bar an injury.)

- Colombia vs. Ivory Coast, in Brasilia. (Toure, Drogba and Falcao. Couldn't ask for more.)

VERY happy with this, especially for having that first game in the Maracaná. My first WC match ever. I might get explosive diarrhea out of sheer excitement.

A part of me wished I had had more luck and get to see Germany or Spain or England, but in the end it's part of the deal you get if you book everything more than a year in advance. And I mustn't forget why I wanted to go in the first place: just to live the experience of the World Cup. I bet I'm going to cry during the hymn of fucking Bosnia-Herzegovina.

:bday:
Hey man, mister J.M., the drawing also means one other thing: the heat is ON !!! :cool: :wiggle: :wave:

Larry B.

#2474 Post by Larry B. » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:31 pm

:lol:

It's pretty simple:

- Matchday 1: Chile beats Australia, the Netherlands beat Spain.
- Matchday 2: Spain beats Chile, the Netherlands draw with Australia.
- Matchday 3: Spain beats Australia, Chile beats the Netherlands.

Spain qualify 1st on goal difference, Chile qualifies 2nd and goes on to play against Brazil, who respect the tradition and crush Chile 4-0. Van Persie retires from international football.

krakle

#2475 Post by krakle » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:43 am

Larry B. wrote:Chile beats the Netherlands.
You've been drinking or dreaming.