Angry Canine?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Pandemonium

Angry Canine?

#1 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:26 am

Noticed that he hasn't posted in about a month, hope he's still hanging in there.

guysmiley

Re: Angry Canine?

#2 Post by guysmiley » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:44 am

Yeah didn't sound good. Hope he pulls through, or at least gets the most out of life while he can.

SR

#3 Post by SR » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:51 am

Yeah, here's hoping

If my memory serves me, there have been two people lost on the boards since I have been around. One I won't speak to, but there was a very bright and sweet kid lost by his own hand probably a decade go. Really, really sad.....I remember some reached out to this kid; I was one via PM.

It's a real dichotomy. On the one hand, you realize you don't really know anyone here, but on the other there is an organic visceral response.....very human, and real.

Best AC....check in!

crater

#4 Post by crater » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:14 pm

I met him in Vegas after a Jane's show at the Rain.

He came across as a nice guy, but a bit shy and quiet from what I remember.

I had no idea what to say or even if I should say something as I read his updates here, as he probably doesn't even remember me.

Hope everything is ok with him.

kv

#5 Post by kv » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:57 pm

sr, you forgot miss maceo

i'm gonna guess there has been a lot others as they just stop posting. how are we to know why

anyways here's to hoping ac will be posting soon

SR

#6 Post by SR » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:06 pm

kv wrote:sr, you forgot miss maceo

i'm gonna guess there has been a lot others as they just stop posting. how are we to know why

miss maceo passed? :nyrexall:

And yes, likely more we'll never know about. I have a handful (a couple of) passwords I use that my wife knows about. I've spoken about this place in passing enough.....news, music, etc that she'd likely make a final post. But then again, maybe not. :lol:

perkana

#7 Post by perkana » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:53 pm

On fb you can name someone to use your account in case of your demise. I chose my sister, but I haven't told her yet :scared:

JOEinPHX

#8 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:08 pm

SR wrote:
kv wrote:sr, you forgot miss maceo

miss maceo passed? :nyrexall:
Yeah about 4 years ago. She had health problems for years, and had been taking various prescriptions.

Then she got sick, and whatever she was taking for that was just a bad combo with the other stuff. Her heart gave out in her sleep.

She was my very first online friend, and was like a sister to me. I miss her. :drink:

SR

#9 Post by SR » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:31 am

Sorry. Was she young?

Artemis

#10 Post by Artemis » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:21 am

I met Angry Canine in 2003 at the Cincinnati stop of Lollapalooza( Tour Lineup:Main Stage: Jane’s Addiction, Audioslave, Incubus, Queens of the Stone Age, A Perfect Circle, Jurassic 5, The Donnas, The Distillers, Rooney

Second Stage: 30 Seconds to Mars, Billy Talent, Boysetsfire, Burning Brides, Campfire Girls, Cave In, The Distillers, Fingertight, Hierosonic, Kings of Leon, MC Supernatural, Mondo Generator, Mooney Suzuki, The Music, Rooney, Steve-O)

I was with a few friends on a US roadtrip. We met up with AC at the show at Riverbend Music Center, then met up afterwards for a few hours. Angry Canine took us to a bar called Sudsy Malone's (concert venue in the front, laundrymat in the back. :lol: ). We saw a band, had some drinks and chatted.

We all had a really great time hanging out, AC was definitely a chill guy. Very nice and interesting to talk to.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#11 Post by Hokahey » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:48 pm

SR wrote:Yeah, here's hoping

If my memory serves me, there have been two people lost on the boards since I have been around. One I won't speak to, but there was a very bright and sweet kid lost by his own hand probably a decade go. Really, really sad.....I remember some reached out to this kid; I was one via PM.

It's a real dichotomy. On the one hand, you realize you don't really know anyone here, but on the other there is an organic visceral response.....very human, and real.

Best AC....check in!
I used to talk to him on AIM a lot. He was a really nice kid. I felt like an older brother sometimes. I never thought he'd do what he did. It was tough for me when that happened. Couple that with Etty pressuring me to spread misinformation for favors and all of the sycophants chasing around the various associated members of Perry's bands, and that's why I sold ANR in 2005(6?). It didn't feel good anymore.

Speaking of, and I'm sure I've talked about this before, but man oh man did Etty feed me bad info to post. Anything on the news page that was negative towards Dave was from her.

I also remember when she had me post that the re-formed Doors were choosing Perry as their new lead singer (or something like that) and then hearing my local rock radio stating quote my story and source ANR on my drive to work. It was pretty surreal. Etty made me delete it a few days later because "they weren't ready to announce it yet." We see where that went.

JOEinPHX

#12 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:08 pm

SR wrote:Sorry. Was she young?
Early 40s.

kv

#13 Post by kv » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:34 pm

she was cool and fun..had no problem with the trolls in the old days would just throw it back at us...she went way back in these boards history

nausearockpig

#14 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:42 am

Anyone heard from AC in a while?
Last visited:Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:04 am
i just PM'd him.

Artemis

#15 Post by Artemis » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:05 am

I haven't heard anything. With the Chicago Cubs almost in the final for the World Series, I would have thought he'd pop in with a comment or two in the MLB thread.

Thanks for sending a PM, Nausea.

kv

#16 Post by kv » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:44 pm

Ya not looking good..his last visit here was the end of august

Hokahey
Site Admin

#17 Post by Hokahey » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:45 pm

No one knows his real name? Friends on Facebook?

crater

#18 Post by crater » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:57 pm

I feel terrible because I know he told me his name in Vegas, but I don't recall what it is. It's something I've always been bad at.

After this thread was made I did a Google search with his username here and the only thing I found was a post of his on a car forum.

Maybe someone else can search around with it on Google and get better results than I did?

He posted there quite a bit.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.ph ... 531&page=2

Should someone make an account there to see if they know what's going on with him?

Artemis

#19 Post by Artemis » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:10 pm

His name is Mitch( Mitchell), don't know his last name though.

I found an email address for him. I remembered that he sent me a PM last year over on Jane's Addiction.Org. Fortunately, I didn't delete the PM. I sent an email to him today, no reply yet.

If anyone else is interested to send an email:

angrycanine@fioptics.com

crater

#20 Post by crater » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:33 pm

Found post of his on another car forum made recently.
Angry Canine on Tue 9 Aug 2016 - 14:33
So far, I've gotten the original one from, and the street one on the showroom floor, I have to go through and make some alterations for the classifications, as well as a name of vehicle convention. I must've messed up my install (of the car, not the whole game) and need to spend time finding, and fixing my error.

I'm really looking forward to driving it now, it looks like it's the only driving I'll probably driving. Apparently that now that I have home hospice care, I'm no longer allowed to drive now.
When people start talking about home hospice care, that's not good.

JOEinPHX

#21 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:23 pm

Sounds like he's medicated too.

nausearockpig

#22 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:00 pm

nausearockpig wrote:Anyone heard from AC in a while?
Last visited:Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:04 am
i just PM'd him.
My PM to him is still in my outbox so it hasn't been read.... and there's been no reply to the email i sent him..

I think maybe he has either passed on over or is too unwell to check in.

Go in peace bro. :wavesad: :pat:

Artemis

#23 Post by Artemis » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:56 pm

The email I sent hasn't been read either. :sad:

Artemis

#24 Post by Artemis » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:16 am

Still no reply.. :sad:

nausearockpig

#25 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:05 pm

yeah my PM hasn't been read. Wherever he is, I wish him peace and all the best.