Is anyone playing Pokeman GO?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Larry B.

Re: Is anyone playing Pokeman GO?

#41 Post by Larry B. » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:48 am

Americans need their version of "football" because they need a sport that can be played by people who weight like 400 pounds.

The game starts with a kick, someone grabs the ball and the play is stopped because everybody needs a fucking break from all the walking and breathing. OK, bring the special team for this next play! OMG, that guy jumped! Time-out, let's go to for a Gatorade break. These guys are really putting all the effort in, bah gawd they're breaking their backs.

kv

#42 Post by kv » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:11 pm

nausearockpig wrote:USA!!! USA!!! MURICA!!!! Color!!! Labor!!!

Lol. Silly USAians thinking their way of "thinking" is correct.

IMHO, of course..... :lolol:
You're the one complaining about what we call stuff...why should you care what we do? :noclue:

kv

#43 Post by kv » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:17 pm

Larry B. wrote:Americans need their version of "football" because they need a sport that can be played by people who weight like 400 pounds.

The game starts with a kick, someone grabs the ball and the play is stopped because everybody needs a fucking break from all the walking and breathing. OK, bring the special team for this next play! OMG, that guy jumped! Time-out, let's go to for a Gatorade break. These guys are really putting all the effort in, bah gawd they're breaking their backs.
You sound like you watch a lot Larry! I couldn't go as in depth with soccor. Because I avoid it like the plague. Just like the other super boring sport to me...baseball.

nausearockpig

#44 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:23 am

kv wrote:

You're the one complaining about what we call stuff...why should you care what we do? :noclue:
Well, I don't care as such, I find it odd that for some reason someone in power in your country decided to spell things like colour and labour differently to the English spelling, but, for what reason? It really makes no sense, other than to be different or "better"? lol

As for caring what you USAians do, well in the broader, global sense, actions taken in the USA can have global repercussions.... I'm not implying that spelling colour incorrectly will cause WWIII though.... but I reckon that you guys are gonna fuck everything up for the rest of us soon..........
kv wrote:Ya except that every single game is started with a kick...every td a kick...can't get a td? Kick a field goal... can't get a first down? Better kick it...second half kick...ot? Kick it....
Come on man.. Yeah it's started with kicks and has kicking in it here and there as you mentioned, but the rest is played with hands carrying, throwing and running.. Kinda like Rugby is. Soccer truly is a game where the ball is, for the most part, in contact with the feet only, except for the goalkeeper and throwing the ball in etc. It really is foot ball - if you're gonna put the two games on a scale, soccer is more "football" than AFL, Rugby, Rugby League and Gridiron..... But whatever... you guys can call your little game football too.... hahah JK..

clickie

#45 Post by clickie » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:51 am

nausearockpig wrote:
kv wrote:

Well, I don't care as such, I find it odd that for some reason someone in power in your country decided to spell things like colour and labour differently to the English spelling, but, for what reason? It really makes no sense, other than to be different or "better"? lol

As for caring what you USAians do, well in the broader, global sense, actions taken in the USA can have global repercussions.... I'm not implying that spelling colour incorrectly will cause WWIII though.... but I reckon that you guys are gonna fuck everything up for the rest of us soon..........
kv wrote:Ya except that every single game is started with a kick...every td a kick...can't get a td? Kick a field goal... can't get a first down? Better kick it...second half kick...ot? Kick it....
Come on man.. Yeah it's started with kicks and has kicking in it here and there as you mentioned, but the rest is played with hands carrying, throwing and running.. Kinda like Rugby is. Soccer truly is a game where the ball is, for the most part, in contact with the feet only, except for the goalkeeper and throwing the ball in etc. It really is foot ball - if you're gonna put the two games on a scale, soccer is more "football" than AFL, Rugby, Rugby League and Gridiron..... But whatever... you guys can call your little game football too.... hahah JK..

You reckon the usa is gonna "fuck everything up for the rest of us soon." :lol: You say that as if you're speaking for the rest of the world. Whatever your issues are dont fool yourself into thinking you're somehow leading a huge army of righeoueness by posting angry rants on the internet. The US is the reason you get to enjoy your standard of living. Even at its worst it still drives the worlds economy .

nausearockpig

#46 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:19 am

:lolol: ok...
clickie wrote:You reckon the usa is gonna "fuck everything up for the rest of us soon." :lol: You say that as if you're speaking for the rest of the world..
No champ, I only speak for myself.
clickie wrote:Whatever your issues are dont fool yourself into thinking you're somehow leading a huge army of righeoueness by posting angry rants on the internet
Um... that's one hell of an imagination you got there fella. All I'm doing is "talking crack" (as my wife says).. My rants aren't meant to be interpreted as "angry". Sorry you feel that way.
clickie wrote: The US is the reason you get to enjoy your standard of living. Even at its worst it still drives the worlds economy .
I guess in a broad sense that's true, I'm no economist though..
Did you hear about this thing we all had a while back called The GFC? It made life difficult for USAians & those other people.. generally speaking I wonder, what was the cause of that? Where did it originate? Was it only the USA that was affected?

clickie

#47 Post by clickie » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:17 am

Oh yeah and one more thing, because you guys live under the protection of our military, your country doesnt have to spend on military what it really should. Haha i'm just talkin' crack.

clickie

#48 Post by clickie » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:32 am

nausearockpig wrote: Did you hear about this thing we all had a while back called The GFC? It made life difficult for USAians & those other people.. generally speaking I wonder, what was the cause of that? Where did it originate? Was it only the USA that was affected?

Of course i've heard about the GFC.

http://gfconline.com/

I Wouldn't necessarily say theyre the wolf in sheeps clothing.

They sound dangerous. What did they do to you?

nausearockpig

#49 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:18 pm

clickie wrote:Oh yeah and one more thing, because you guys live under the protection of our military, your country doesnt have to spend on military what it really should.
Yeah I guess, does that mean we owe you and should become the southerner states o mighty ones?
clickie wrote: Haha i'm just talkin' crack.
Why did you write that?
clickie wrote: Of course i've heard about the GFC.

http://gfconline.com/

I Wouldn't necessarily say theyre the wolf in sheeps clothing.

They sound dangerous. What did they do to you?
you're so funny the way you used humor to avoid responding to a question or two...

anyway, apols to the rest of you for completely derailing this topic.

When I was out and about the other night, I saw a dude running around with his phone held in front of him. He was zipping up and down, to and fro, around the riverside.. It looked hilarious.. but whatever, each to their own. At least he was exercising. I was not.

Cowchips1997

#50 Post by Cowchips1997 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:41 pm

Guess I inadvertently jacked up this topic by mentioning American football. I watch both football and futbol. Biggest differences are size of the players, size of the pay checks, level of acting ability and that the cartel may take you out if you had a bad play day with soccer. Futbol can tear up a body just as severely as football, just ask an orthopedic. Making a living playing your favorite game. Nothing wrong with that.

Pokémon Go is putting some businesses on the map and people are having a good time while getting some exercise. Nothing wrong with that.

nausearockpig

#51 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:40 pm

Cowchips1997 wrote:Pokémon Go is putting some businesses on the map and people are having a good time while getting some exercise. Nothing wrong with that.
Of course not, as long as they don't endanger other people.
I've seen reports of people walking out in front of cars chasing the critters.. not sure how accurate this is though... But yes, people interacting and exercising is good!

perkana

#52 Post by perkana » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:36 am

:lol: