Kanye West claims to be $53m in debt...

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Pandemonium

Re: Kanye West claims to be $53m in debt...

#26 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:14 pm

creep wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:One of my wife's more obnoxious co-workers brag-texted her (What are YOU doing tonight? I'm seeing KANYE!!!") about an hour ago that she was on her way (in pretty miserable, rainy road conditions) to the LA Forum to see Kanye tonight. I said something like "doesn't he blow off a lot of his shows?" Not even 5 minutes later, as we're watching the evening news, they announced that he just canceled his show there. My wife did not call her back to give her the news. Meow!
he was here in sacramento last night. he started an hour and a half late, performed three songs, went on a stupid 20 minute rant and ended the show. fuck that guy. luckily for the people that bought tickets at legitimate places, they are getting refunds.
Heh, I just found this on YouTube after hearing about the Sacramento show:

Mescal

#27 Post by Mescal » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:35 pm

Hype wrote:The question should always be: is past success an indicator of current or future success?

It's pretty easy and common to assume that, especially when things are new and getting a lot of attention. But after a few flops it should be obvious that any particular success isn't down to one person, but some kind of lucky combination of people and things happening at the right times. Bob Ezrin didn't make The Wall... but he was part of it. And anyway, why would anyone today want to sound like Pink Floyd in 1979? I'm not even sure Pink Floyd wanted that...
Bob Ezrin had a big hand in The Wall.

Waters wrote the songs and the concept, Bob Ezrin shaped it into the pompous album

blackula

#28 Post by blackula » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:17 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
creep wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:One of my wife's more obnoxious co-workers brag-texted her (What are YOU doing tonight? I'm seeing KANYE!!!") about an hour ago that she was on her way (in pretty miserable, rainy road conditions) to the LA Forum to see Kanye tonight. I said something like "doesn't he blow off a lot of his shows?" Not even 5 minutes later, as we're watching the evening news, they announced that he just canceled his show there. My wife did not call her back to give her the news. Meow!
he was here in sacramento last night. he started an hour and a half late, performed three songs, went on a stupid 20 minute rant and ended the show. fuck that guy. luckily for the people that bought tickets at legitimate places, they are getting refunds.
Heh, I just found this on YouTube after hearing about the Sacramento show:

That Snoop video is funny.

Is Kanye this generations Axl?

farrellgirl99

#29 Post by farrellgirl99 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:23 pm

and now hes been hospitalized. he obviously has some mental health issues, dudes been off his rocker for a year or so now.

http://www.complex.com/music/2016/11/ka ... spitalized

ive never given a shit about him, but his obvious fame grab with kim k has always annoyed me. as soon as he is not profitable anymore, which may be soon, shes gonna dump him for reality show ratings.

Pandemonium

#30 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:32 am

blackula wrote:Is Kanye this generations Axl?
He's this generations Axl, Amy Winehouse and Michael Jackson all wrapped up in one package o' crazy.

Artemis

#31 Post by Artemis » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:08 pm

It's good he's being checked out at the hospital. His rants did seem like those of people who have mental health issues.