What's your most fucked up family story?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Romeo

Re: What's your most fucked up family story?

#41 Post by Romeo » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:19 pm

kv wrote:thats why we had to get your name back to hype...the kids all wanna see the original lineup :lolol:
:lol: :lol:

perkana

#42 Post by perkana » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:40 am

kv wrote:cremation! hold a service for people to mourn and move the fuck on...my dads ashes are in his gun safe :lolol:
I plan on getting cremated and no mourning. Just going on a trip to one of my favorite places (I'm still thinking about it, could be the ocean or my folks' backyard where my dogs are buried).

kv

#43 Post by kv » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:03 am

ya know with my dad i figured just cremation and have people back to the house but we decided on the service at the mortuary so if my mom needed to go home she could and it was chill as fuck...a bunch of people got up and told funny stories then we all stood around and had a snack and bullshitted...something i didn't want to do but everyone involved was the better for it...and that's the most important thing have to let everyone else come to terms and start to heal...it's not about the dead person anymore...changed my view on it

perkana

#44 Post by perkana » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:58 pm

Yup. We do the same in my family. Get together and tell stories about the dead person. It helps more than mourning by yourself in my own particular case. I remember when we did that after my grandma (dad's mom) died. We agreed that she would have hated us having a reunion at her place. She was the kind of person who was ok with going to other people's houses, but she hated visitors, family in particular. We had a good laugh about it :lol: