Bruce Jenner

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction

Bruce Jenner

Postby Artemis » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:28 pm

Is anyone watching the Diane Sawyer with Bruce Jenner on 20/20 right now?

I'll watch later when it gets posted on a free streaming site.
User avatar
Artemis
 
Posts: 8053
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Bruce Jenner

Postby clickie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:49 pm

Yeah I watched it. A couple interesting points were he's having total reconstructive facial surgery plus a boob job, but he hasnt decided yet about his peen.
And another interesting thing was that he's not necessarily attracted to men. At least thats what it sounded like.
clickie
 
Posts: 2313
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Bruce Jenner

Postby Pandemonium » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:52 pm

clickie wrote:Yeah I watched it. A couple interesting points were he's having total reconstructive facial surgery plus a boob job, but he hasnt decided yet about his peen.
And another interesting thing was that he's not necessarily attracted to men. At least thats what it sounded like.



"it's a journey, I don't know how it's going to end...."

6 feet under without a wanker and enough plastic and chemical enhancements to prevent your corpse from ever deteriorating would be my guess.
User avatar
Pandemonium
 
Posts: 4924
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

Postby Jasper » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:10 am

Pandemonium wrote:
clickie wrote:Yeah I watched it. A couple interesting points were he's having total reconstructive facial surgery plus a boob job, but he hasnt decided yet about his peen.
And another interesting thing was that he's not necessarily attracted to men. At least thats what it sounded like.



"it's a journey, I don't know how it's going to end...."

6 feet under without a wanker and enough plastic and chemical enhancements to prevent your corpse from ever deteriorating would be my guess.


This was your big opportunity to status signal, showing how enlightened and contemporary you are because your personal opinions are in line with the current ideological zeitgeist. Don't you know what's good for you? I hope that someone young, perhaps with a recent university indoctrination, will arrive to correct you and provide the appropriate state-sanctioned opinions and terminology.
User avatar
Jasper
 
Posts: 2322
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:28 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

Postby creep » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:36 am

i was playing poker with friends and i thought i would amuse myself and switch channels to this to see the meathead comments i knew were coming from a couple of the guys that were there. as soon as a put it on i got from one guy "turn this shit off. i can't watch this fucking freak".

when some of his kids came on i felt bad for burt jenner. all of the jenner kids are good looking and there there is burt....

Image
creep
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9042
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Bruce Jenner

Postby clickie » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:52 am

Thats pretty harsh creep.
clickie
 
Posts: 2313
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Bruce Jenner

Postby Jasper » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:18 am

creep, beauty is a social construct and everyone is equally attractive. Your looks-shaming is problematic.
User avatar
Jasper
 
Posts: 2322
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:28 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

Postby Xizen47 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:39 am

Are you pre or post op Jasper?
User avatar
Xizen47
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:47 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

Postby perkana » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:58 pm

creep wrote:i was playing poker with friends and i thought i would amuse myself and switch channels to this to see the meathead comments i knew were coming from a couple of the guys that were there. as soon as a put it on i got from one guy "turn this shit off. i can't watch this fucking freak".

when some of his kids came on i felt bad for burt jenner. all of the jenner kids are good looking and there there is burt....

Image

If he's the bald bearded one, what's wrong with him? He's kinda my type nowadays :noclue:
User avatar
perkana
 
Posts: 5049
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

Postby Pandemonium » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Jasper wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:"it's a journey, I don't know how it's going to end...."

6 feet under without a wanker and enough plastic and chemical enhancements to prevent your corpse from ever deteriorating would be my guess.


This was your big opportunity to status signal, showing how enlightened and contemporary you are because your personal opinions are in line with the current ideological zeitgeist. Don't you know what's good for you? I hope that someone young, perhaps with a recent university indoctrination, will arrive to correct you and provide the appropriate state-sanctioned opinions and terminology.


Heh, I know where you were going with that so I'll leave it be.

But honestly, Jenner wants to transform or mutate or whatever, more power to him. It's more the nauseating reality tv aspect of this whole thing from all concerned (Diane Sawyer = douche chills) that brings out my sarcastic side.
User avatar
Pandemonium
 
Posts: 4924
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

Postby Essence_Smith » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:02 pm

Dave Chappelle has a bit about "transformations" in his latest stage act...he's pretty open minded and has no issue with it but he started talking about Chaz Bono..."congrats on becoming a fat white guy...now wait till you go to the bar and see how they treat fat white guys"... :lol:

I felt sad for Bruce because I remember him being an all american top athlete growing up with a great clean cut image, etc. and for the last few years he's mainly known for his association with the K family...I always felt like that had to be really difficult to deal with after being as well known as regarded as he was. He was able to play along for some time but I think what we're seeing is an after effect of that in some small way...I dunno whatever makes you happy, just don't hurt anybody I say...
User avatar
Essence_Smith
 
Posts: 2146
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

Postby perkana » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:08 pm

Have you seen Normal with Tom Wilkinson (The Full Monty) and Jessica Lange?

I don't think you could possibly hurt anyone if the people who care about you see how miserable you are for not being how you really feel like.
I didn't see the interview but read something about what Bruce said and he had felt like a woman for quite some time. At least the first 2 exes knew about it.
User avatar
perkana
 
Posts: 5049
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

Postby Essence_Smith » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:17 am

Ya know it's ok to say you "feel" a particular way...how you act on it is a whole different story. Without getting too deep and without judging anyone I don't know how a man can "feel" like a woman or vice versa...I think a lot of the misery resides in the brain. I don't know that getting hormones or having surgery changes anything, at the end of the day it's tough to be comfortable in one's own skin regardless of gender, age, race etc... I wish Bruce all the luck in the world but personally I think some transgender people are delusional. I have respect for people who are honest and say they're more comfortable living with the trappings of another gender but are smart enough to at least say I'll never BE that other gender...
User avatar
Essence_Smith
 
Posts: 2146
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

Postby blackcoffee » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:51 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:Ya know it's ok to say you "feel" a particular way...how you act on it is a whole different story. Without getting too deep and without judging anyone I don't know how a man can "feel" like a woman or vice versa...I think a lot of the misery resides in the brain. I don't know that getting hormones or having surgery changes anything, at the end of the day it's tough to be comfortable in one's own skin regardless of gender, age, race etc... I wish Bruce all the luck in the world but personally I think some transgender people are delusional. I have respect for people who are honest and say they're more comfortable living with the trappings of another gender but are smart enough to at least say I'll never BE that other gender...


I have tremendous respect for you, ES, and usually agree with your stance on things, but in this case I disagree. Homosexuality used to be considered and treated as a mental illness. We know a lot more today about sexuality, but certainly not everything. There is too much evidence to suggest that some people are, for lack of a better word, born in the wrong body "delusional" or no. I can't imagine how hard that must be. If using what's available medically to correct that, I don't see the issue.

My issue with Jenner is his association with the family who exploit every aspect of their lives for fame (or infamy) and money. The LGBT ally in me wants to simply wish him well and accept him, but the skeptic in me questions his motives.
blackcoffee
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:24 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

Postby SR » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:16 pm

And where's the Baltimore thread
User avatar
SR
 
Posts: 6103
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

Postby Essence_Smith » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:27 pm

blackcoffee wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:Ya know it's ok to say you "feel" a particular way...how you act on it is a whole different story. Without getting too deep and without judging anyone I don't know how a man can "feel" like a woman or vice versa...I think a lot of the misery resides in the brain. I don't know that getting hormones or having surgery changes anything, at the end of the day it's tough to be comfortable in one's own skin regardless of gender, age, race etc... I wish Bruce all the luck in the world but personally I think some transgender people are delusional. I have respect for people who are honest and say they're more comfortable living with the trappings of another gender but are smart enough to at least say I'll never BE that other gender...


I have tremendous respect for you, ES, and usually agree with your stance on things, but in this case I disagree. Homosexuality used to be considered and treated as a mental illness. We know a lot more today about sexuality, but certainly not everything. There is too much evidence to suggest that some people are, for lack of a better word, born in the wrong body "delusional" or no. I can't imagine how hard that must be. If using what's available medically to correct that, I don't see the issue.

My issue with Jenner is his association with the family who exploit every aspect of their lives for fame (or infamy) and money. The LGBT ally in me wants to simply wish him well and accept him, but the skeptic in me questions his motives.

Bruce's membership into that "family" does add some bias to my thoughts and colors how I look at the situation no doubt. I made it a point to say SOME transgender people are delusional in part for one reason. I don't know that I really believe that medical science can make a man into a woman...my opinion on it comes from a transgender woman I know who I respect a great deal who once told me and I'm paraphrasing...that her spirit was a woman's but she felt like she was born a man and no matter what she did to herself physically, the simple fact that she couldn't naturally conceive a child meant that she couldn't truly be a woman. That perspective made a lot of sense to me. She wasn't fooling herself and saying, yes I'm a woman, end of story, she stated the fact that she felt like one but couldn't really be one regardless of how she framed it or how she lived her life and I always respected and identified that perspective as being a good one.

Trust that I don't look at most transgender folks as being mentally ill in the least but I think at least a small percentage of them to be fair that are likely doing what they're doing in part because they aren't necessarily the most stable folks in the world. I only say so because I've come across a few people in that situation. I don't judge them or hold it against the rest of people that consider themselves transgendered, but imo it's as fair as saying there's a percentage of people that are mentally ill period...if SR were here he'd be mad at me for saying that I'm always guilty of "I saw this happen so it must be true" but I unfortunately have come across of a few post op people who were completely bonkers and were foiling themselves... :noclue:
User avatar
Essence_Smith
 
Posts: 2146
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

Postby Hype » Tue May 05, 2015 3:43 pm

Xizen47 wrote:Are you pre or post op Jasper?


This made me giggle.

My dad thinks Eddie Izzard is gay. People have difficulty with nuance.
User avatar
Hype
 
Posts: 6188
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

Postby Romeo » Wed May 06, 2015 6:45 am

I missed the "interview" because I was on the cruise but here's my take on it...

I am all for being who you feel you need to be. I disagree with doing this process so "public". Those Jenner/Kardashian media whores will do anything for "ratings"

Knowing people who are/have transitioned this is a long and emotionally/physically hard process. I can't imagine anyone doing this in the public eye.
User avatar
Romeo
 
Posts: 2963
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: St. andrews

Re: Bruce Jenner

Postby Essence_Smith » Wed May 06, 2015 9:33 am

Romeo wrote:I missed the "interview" because I was on the cruise but here's my take on it...

I am all for being who you feel you need to be. I disagree with doing this process so "public". Those Jenner/Kardashian media whores will do anything for "ratings"

Knowing people who are/have transitioned this is a long and emotionally/physically hard process. I can't imagine anyone doing this in the public eye.

I can't disagree but I think since Bruce was already out there to begin with he's chosen to take control of the situation and be out in the open about it. I really don't think once you're already out there like he is you can get back into the closet so to speak. If he chose to do it quietly, do you think they'd actually LET him?
User avatar
Essence_Smith
 
Posts: 2146
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Bruce Jenner

Postby Romeo » Wed May 06, 2015 11:47 am

Any reasonable person would be like "hey guys I gotta bow out of this reality shit show"

And go about his business
User avatar
Romeo
 
Posts: 2963
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: St. andrews

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest