Visiting home

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Bandit72

Re: Visiting home

#51 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:31 pm

To change the subject on a potentially fit Scottish stalker living in London, how does that ice thing work on the sign?

Hype

#52 Post by Hype » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:35 pm

creep wrote:
Bandit72 wrote:
creep wrote:
Matz wrote:dude, we need a pic of that girl not the mountain stuff, all right? :banghead: No, I'm kidding, nice to hear you had a good time!
exactly...post pics of the girl and then we can tell you how you should proceed. how can you be serious with someone that lives so far away. let her fly you there and have fun. what is wrong with you?
Chile to London for a shag? Fuck that. I bet there are fitter birds in Chile.
if a girl wants to fly me somewhere cool i'm there. if someone want to fly me to pakastan i would probably pass. i would go to london.
Depending on where in London, you might be safer in Lahore or Karachi.

krakle

#53 Post by krakle » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Larry B. wrote:... yet he kinda kept pushing that we should meet again, and that I was this incredible person...
I guess this freudian slip explains your enthusiasm. :wave:

Bandit72

#54 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:02 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
creep wrote:
Bandit72 wrote:
creep wrote:
Matz wrote:dude, we need a pic of that girl not the mountain stuff, all right? :banghead: No, I'm kidding, nice to hear you had a good time!
exactly...post pics of the girl and then we can tell you how you should proceed. how can you be serious with someone that lives so far away. let her fly you there and have fun. what is wrong with you?
Chile to London for a shag? Fuck that. I bet there are fitter birds in Chile.
if a girl wants to fly me somewhere cool i'm there. if someone want to fly me to pakastan i would probably pass. i would go to london.
Depending on where in London, you might be safer in Lahore or Karachi.
Agreed. I would wager some areas of Baghdad are safer than certain areas of London.

Larry B.

#55 Post by Larry B. » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:11 pm

:wave: :wave:
Bandit72 wrote:Larry, sounds like you had a wicked time. It all looks so desolate. How cold are we talking down there? Are you back in Santiago now? Shame about the Scottish bird, was she on holiday by herself?
Yeah, Puerto Williams is incredibly empty. The population is roughly 2,000 people. The current average high in Williams is around 13 or 14 ºC, but the sun is really strong so it usually feels like 18 or 20 ºC at sea level. The higher you go, the windier and colder it is, but since most of the city is at sea level, the weather is actually great. During winter, the average high should be around 2 ºC.

In Punta Arenas the current average high is around 17 ºC, and the sensation varies with the wind (the more wind, the colder it feels). During winter, the average high is around 2 ºC too. And in both cities, the weather doesn't tend to change a lot throughout the day... for instance, it's usual that during winter the minimum is -5 and maximum is 0, or even -1 and 0.

And yeah, not I'm back in Santiago... I took this Friday to organize my finances for the year and to set everything up for Monday, when I get back to work. The Scottish chippy was on vacations by herself... she went to Africa first and then traveled through Brazil, Argentina and the Chilean Patagonia. Having in mind that she spent a couple of months in Africa before knowing me, I take it as a compliment that I was such an awesome lover for her :lol:
creep wrote:
At one point, the day before she left, she said 'maybe it's ridiculous, but I'd like to give this a try... I think we can make it work.' My response was something like 'let's just see how it goes :nod:'. Any acceptance (of a plane ticket or anything) would've been unfair... she's really into me, and I'm not into her. It would be really really cruel. Don't want that karma during my first 2 weeks of the year, thank you.

And I didn't took pictures of her, actually :noclue: Not really interested. As a wise Birminghammer once said, 'there are fitter birds in Chile'.
Bandit72 wrote:To change the subject on a potentially fit Scottish stalker living in London, how does that ice thing work on the sign?
No fucking idea. I'm guessing that the metal plaque releases small beads of water and it also freezes them. I went in and asked a couple of people, but they said they had no idea.

krakle wrote:
Larry B. wrote:... yet he kinda kept pushing that we should meet again, and that I was this incredible person...
I guess this freudian slip explains your enthusiasm. :wave:
:lol: That must be the millionth Freudian slip of that kind I've thrown in here...

Artemis

#56 Post by Artemis » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:18 am

Welcome back, Larry! :wave:

Sounds like you had a really good holiday.

I enjoyed the photos and reading about your experiences.

Oh, and do keep us posted about the Scottish girl.

Larry B.

#57 Post by Larry B. » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:34 pm

Artemis wrote:Welcome back, Larry! :wave:

Sounds like you had a really good holiday.

I enjoyed the photos and reading about your experiences.

Oh, and do keep us posted about the Scottish girl.
:wiggle:

Glad you enjoyed them! It was an awesome time alright. The universe was really kind to me.

I just wrote the Scottish girl... I spent like an hour and a half writing 3 paragraphs that, hopefully, will clear everything up without hurting her badly nor making me look like an asshole (although this last item is the hardest to achieve.)

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before... but there were 3 specific moments that set the alarms off...

1. Her offering me a plane ticket to fly to London.
2. After giving her some Patagonian-Juan-de-Marco-like-horizontal-mambo, and while talking in bed, at one point she stared at me and said 'I can't believe nobody has pinned you down yet'. :lostit: :lostit: :lostit:
3. She wrote me a letter on her way back home. At one point, it said 'I'm so happy to have you in my life'. :lostit: :lostit: :lostit: :lostit: :lostit:

:sonny:

I don't know if I should cry or laugh. Or laugh while crying. She's being so sweet, but with the wrong person :wavesad:

creep
Site Admin

#58 Post by creep » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:41 pm

just tell her you went on vacation alone because you and your girlfriend were having issues and that you need to try and work things out before you can get in any commitment or some shit like that. say that you didn't mention her because you thought it was over but you had a long talk when you got back and now you are confused. it's not 100% a lie since you did just break up with some girl.

Larry B.

#59 Post by Larry B. » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:49 pm

creep wrote:just tell her you went on vacation alone because you and your girlfriend were having issues and that you need to try and work things out before you can get in any commitment or some shit like that. say that you didn't mention her because you thought it was over but you had a long talk when you got back and now you are confused. it's not 100% a lie since you did just break up with some girl.
Your proposal raises an interesting question... is it ok to lie in order to try avoiding hurting people's feelings?

I thought about some lies that would relieve her of any responsibility (such as 'I have just been diagnosed with cholera and will die within the next 48 hours'), but I would feel terrible.

I just told her that when it comes to feelings, there needs to be a different pace, in spite of how events unfolded during the 3 days we shared.

I took it as a first step of a (hopefully) small series of communications that end up with her not wanting to come here nor wanting me to go there. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

creep
Site Admin

#60 Post by creep » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:53 pm

Larry B. wrote:
creep wrote:just tell her you went on vacation alone because you and your girlfriend were having issues and that you need to try and work things out before you can get in any commitment or some shit like that. say that you didn't mention her because you thought it was over but you had a long talk when you got back and now you are confused. it's not 100% a lie since you did just break up with some girl.
Your proposal raises an interesting question... is it ok to lie in order to try avoiding hurting people's feelings?
i think so. i'm a pretty honest person but when it comes to hurting a girls feelings i will stretch the truth. :noclue: how would she feel if you said that she was just someone to have sex with while on vacation and that you have no feelings for her at all?

Hype

#61 Post by Hype » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:18 pm

I don't understand... couldn't you just never email her or respond to hers? Does she have your phone number or something?... Why would anyone go on a vacation and meet some guy randomly and suddenly start treating that guy like a boyfriend? That's really weird. You could totally have gotten away with never talking to her again, I think. :hs:

creep
Site Admin

#62 Post by creep » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:21 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:I don't understand... couldn't you just never email her or respond to hers? Does she have your phone number or something?... Why would anyone go on a vacation and meet some guy randomly and suddenly start treating that guy like a boyfriend? That's really weird. You could totally have gotten away with never talking to her again, I think. :hs:
yeah that too

Larry B.

#63 Post by Larry B. » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:26 pm

Yeah, I know I could just not answer... but same thing, I think it wouldn't align with what I think it's right :noclue:

And aside from having sex with her, I totally believe she's sweet, lovely, funny and everything, but I'm just not attracted to her in a 'loving' way. That's what I have to say with the right words. If we lived in the same city, I would consider her a friend with benefits, while she (apparently) would consider me her husband.

Hype

#64 Post by Hype » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:30 pm

I guess if doing what you're doing makes you feel better, then go for it, but I wouldn't assume it's somehow the "chivalrous" thing to do. You might end up making it worse for her than if she'd just gone back to Scotland and never heard from you again. :noclue:

Artemis

#65 Post by Artemis » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:33 pm

Maybe now that she's back to her regular life, she will realize it was just a fling with nothing more attached than a really good memory. :noclue:

I think if you didn't respond it would have been better. Yes, she probably would have felt hurt and angry, but it would be done. Now, with your reply, she might keep pushing you, thinking there's still a chance.

chaos

#66 Post by chaos » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Yes.
Larry B. wrote:I just told her that when it comes to feelings, there needs to be a different pace, in spite of how events unfolded during the 3 days we shared.
Although this is kind of open-ended, she might think there is a chance. She has no way of knowing that you only like her as a friend unless you tell her. If you cannot do that, then lie (or simply do not send her any type of communication). The goal is to make it clear that you do not want to pursue a serious relationship with her, now or later.

chaos

#67 Post by chaos » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:25 pm

. . . and you don't want to reach the point of no return :scared:

Larry B.

#68 Post by Larry B. » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:43 am

chaos wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
Yes.
Larry B. wrote:I just told her that when it comes to feelings, there needs to be a different pace, in spite of how events unfolded during the 3 days we shared.
Although this is kind of open-ended, she might think there is a chance. She has no way of knowing that you only like her as a friend unless you tell her. If you cannot do that, then lie (or simply do not send her any type of communication). The goal is to make it clear that you do not want to pursue a serious relationship with her, now or later.
Yeah, I think that's the thing... I want to tell her that I like her as a friend, but I'm not sure if I can do it. And I don't want to cut her off either. And not cutting her off is most important to me, so I intend to do it somehow gradually.

She replied to me like 15 minutes ago, thanking me for my honesty and asking me if I wanted to talk in Skype later... I'm gonna answer tomorrow. Hopefully, she'll pick up these little clues. Thankfully, her e-mail wasn't filled with love, like her previous did. I feel a little better already :wiggle:

Bandit72

#69 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:55 am

But does she like Jane's 1.0?

Larry B.

#70 Post by Larry B. » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:23 am

:lol:

She: 'any rock bands you like?'
Me: 'hmm... do you know Jane's Addiction?
She: ' :hs: '

So, I guess not so much...

Bandit72

#71 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:32 am

Larry B. wrote::lol:

She: 'any rock bands you like?'
Me: 'hmm... do you know Jane's Addiction?
She: ' :hs: '

So, I guess not so much...
Yeh, fuck her off :hehe:

chaos

#72 Post by chaos » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:45 am

Larry B. wrote: And not cutting her off is most important to me. :wiggle:
Proceed with caution; there is a rabbit in your future. :lol:

Larry B.

#73 Post by Larry B. » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:31 am

Today I wrote her (the Scottish girl) and told her that 'my feelings had drifted off' and that I thought we should not keep pursuing a possible relationship.

:wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle:

And tonight, after a wedding I have to go to, I will not see again this other woman who seems to be a cheating egomaniac.

:wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: