Zdilla Update!

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
zdilla

Zdilla Update!

#1 Post by zdilla » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:14 am

Hey Everyone,

I just want to say 'Hi' and let you know how I am doing! I won a yoga scholarship in October for an entire year! I've been practicing 2 days in the yoga studio, and then started my own home practice. I've been feeling great these days, i lost 15 lbs, and started painting regularly doing a lot of abstract process pieces! I'm also doing some watercolor! I've made about 5 or 6 amazing recent sales of my work and i really feel hopeful about life and art. I need to be careful when I begin starting feeling good because I don't want to start feeling "too good" which leads to the hospital. So i have started a meditation practice with breathing, music, and martial arts, a kind of 'flow' home practice. I'm starting to reach out to my friends more at this time, and just made it in to the city at the MOMA to see the Matisse 'Cut-Outs' show. With all this momentum, I really need to try to cut out all the worry. I feel that I have wasted so much time in my depressions, time that can never be recovered. Isabella the poodle is 11 yrs old. and she is doing wonderful. I can't wait when Spring comes when we can do long walks into town. Have been listening to lots of DJ Shadow and plan on getting my turntables fixed so i can do some scratching. All in all my perspective has shifted and I feel some happiness. I hope all of you are doing great! Love, Zach :love:

Pandemonium

Re: Zdilla Update!

#2 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:34 am

Great to hear, man. Enjoy the moment!

Artemis

#3 Post by Artemis » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:50 pm

Looking good, Zdilla!
I'm happy to read that things are going well for you. :bigrin:

:wave:

perkana

#4 Post by perkana » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:58 pm

zdilla wrote:...and just made it in to the city at the MOMA to see the Matisse 'Cut-Outs' show. With all this momentum, I really need to try to cut out all the worry. I feel that I have wasted so much time in my depressions, time that can never be recovered.
I'm so glad you got to see the show. I remember how much you like Matisse. I had a panic attack recently and had negative thoughts about the same thing (wasting time because of depression). But you know what? We can't get time back so it's best to work with what we've got. Small steps, my friend :wave: And we love you too :heart:

Desri

#5 Post by Desri » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:04 pm

Glad things are going so well for you.

sinep

#6 Post by sinep » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:52 pm

I've been doing yoga for the past 2 months as part of my routine. I figure if I start exercising in January I might be in good enough shape to take off my shirt by mid july.

Anyways... you should see me do an astunga sun salutation, It's radical. My twisting star pose is off the hook!

Romeo

#7 Post by Romeo » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:17 am

:thumb: Great to hear!!!

Now get that public show together!! :wink:

zdilla

#8 Post by zdilla » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:15 pm

Great to hear from ya guys! I definitely feel like im going in the right direction! A really sick art show in my future, maybe one somewhere in NY, in an unknown gallery somewhere! If i could afford graduate school i would totally go!!! and study painting, art history, philosophy, psychology! The major would be called "Van Gogh Studies"! But for now I'm taking it day by day and I feel the good energy and healing coming already. I hope everyone here is in a really good place! I haven't listened to my JA records, i've played them out so much! It's time for me to channel all that good inspiration ive picked up over the years and transform it into my painting and yoga!!!! hugs, :cool: :rockon: :wave:

nausearockpig

#9 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:54 am

great to hear you're doing so well mate.. all the best..

zdilla

#10 Post by zdilla » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:12 pm

Thanks so much everyone! I just started taking watercolor classes and I love it, i think it really suits my bold use of line and color! Check these!

I'm very hopeful about my art! :cool: :wave: :wiggle:

Everybody's Friend

#11 Post by Everybody's Friend » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:52 am

:thumb:

Romeo

#12 Post by Romeo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:32 pm

the watercolors look great!! :thumb:

zdilla

#13 Post by zdilla » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:50 pm

Thanks EF!, and thanks you Romeo, i just started watercolor class and totally love it! Guess what! I sold another painting yesterday this still-life, am so thrilled! :cool: :banana: :wave:

SOLD!!!! Holla!!! :yikes: :wiggle:

Romeo

#14 Post by Romeo » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:12 am

:thumb:

That's what it's all about, doing what you love and making $$ from it!