NFL

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Juana

Re: NFL

#81 Post by Juana » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:26 pm

Man what a game tonight. Good way to start off the year.

kv

#82 Post by kv » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:01 pm

Juana wrote:I'm worried about KV I think his head will explode having to watch the Vikes / Chargers game. Wonder if there is a "maybe they will tie" thought in there.

i'm worried about the heat was 97 in sd today...and 15 yards from the field adds about 10-15 degrees..i may die

as for the game...i am stoked...one team will win on opening day heh..i have made it through decades of having usc play notre dame...which sucks ass but it tends to be late in the year when i know who "needs" the win more...still hate that game..i can best describe it like your mom and dad in a fast fight..isn't fun no matter who wins

but it's a once every 8 year game in sd been looking forward to it for 8 years lol last time they played was when AD went off for nfl record 296 which sucked for me stoked for him bummed it happened to bolts zero joy outa his best pro game..sucked....last time bolts were in SD it was culpepper to moss days so much has changed for both teams but i have lived the SD changes..vikes changes i haven't stoked to finally see all day play live...also stoked to see harvin and jarod allen as a vike...as well as christian ponders first pro game...( hoping he gets a snap..i saw culpeppers first pro start at the mini dome vs rookie first game brian urlacher) so will be fun

bottom line no clue who i want to win and much like a notre damn usc game will be interesting to see who my heart wants...i sorta expect the 10+ years of bolts tickets may sway me but we will see....i will be wearing a usc hat lol..i think the bolts may pass all over the vikes db's and all day will run all over our run stoppers

great game tonight very very stoked for sproles sure he made alot of new fans in NO tonight and i wish him nothing but the very best i love the lil guy...stoked football is back..like always i missed it a ton
longest post in anr history :tiphat:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#83 Post by Hokahey » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:39 am

Very fun game to watch. I usually don't watch games outside of Rams games, unless they have relevance to the Rams, playoffs, superbowl etc. So it's nice to watch one I have no vested interest in and be so entertained.

ellis

#84 Post by ellis » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:15 am

Rams will shock a lot of people this year. Kinda curious to see how they do.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#85 Post by Hokahey » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:44 am

ellis wrote:Rams will shock a lot of people this year. Kinda curious to see how they do.
Enjoy OJ Atogwe this year. Vastly underrated. Guys a ball hawk. I'm shocked to be happy with who the Rams replaced him with, Quintin Mikkel, who was the only guy I would have been satisfied with. OJ was one of my favorite players. Met him once on the field. He was the only player that stopped and said hello. He was just running up and down the sidelines as hard as he could while praying, but stopped long enough to notice my brother and I with our boys.

He will upgrade your defense.

ellis

#86 Post by ellis » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:04 pm

I'm very happy with what Mike and Kyle Shanahan are building here in DC. 60% of the team this year is brand new and all the drama-queens have been shown the door. The offense seems faster based on what was displayed in the pre-season.

Haslett scares me. I hate that he's blitz-happy. I'm still not sure how I feel about what he's doing. There are stars on the defense though so it makes up for the anxiety his defense packages give me. Often his entire squad gets burned up on a play. But after watching them this preseason, they seem more in tune with one another. My fingers are crossed.

I still want Gregg Williams back. But his defense was torched last night vs the Packers.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#87 Post by Hokahey » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:09 pm

ellis wrote:I'm very happy with what Mike and Kyle Shanahan are building here in DC. 60% of the team this year is brand new and all the drama-queens have been shown the door. The offense seems faster based on what was displayed in the pre-season.

Haslett scares me. I hate that he's blitz-happy. I'm still not sure how I feel about what he's doing. There are stars on the defense though so it makes up for the anxiety his defense packages give me. Often his entire squad gets burned up on a play. But after watching them this preseason, they seem more in tune with one another. My fingers are crossed.

I still want Gregg Williams back. But his defense was torched last night vs the Packers.
Haz is definitely a high risk/high reward kind of guy. I guess in the end it balances out, but it can be maddening. I definitely prefer Spags style of controlled chaos.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#88 Post by Hokahey » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:46 pm

Twas the night before Christmas...

kv

#89 Post by kv » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:51 am

indeed...i wanna see an epic flyover to start it...gonna be fun...was thinking all week...chargers hat...vikes hat...i figured usc or lakers best way to go..then tonight i said no way 100% vikes i have routed hard for the bolts for a decade one day of support for the vikes is in order go vikes..or a tie...or bolts...fuck :lolol:

Juana

#90 Post by Juana » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:31 am

Rock the Lakers hat, that way you don't run the risk of... oh that's right Chargers fans aren't like Dodger fans trying to kill people.

I just want to see what this O-line does against that Minny beast of a D-line. Should be a good game but I'm thinking the Bolts win it 34-24. With the lack of DBs and Gates/Floyd/Vjax and RIvers getting to that Peyton/Brady type level with his knowledge of Norv's offense I see him torching that secondary IF he gets time to throw.

I also see AD running all over us.

kv

#91 Post by kv » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:04 am

naw not scared oh shit i go to the san diego raider game it's like an la home game for the raider lol sucks they stop selling beer in after the second quarter when they are in town...vikes will run on us bolts will throw on us lol

ellis

#92 Post by ellis » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:52 am

My WEEK 1 picks:
* = division game
Saints @ Packers: Packers (didn't post it, but that was my pick)

1:00pm games...
ATL @ CHI : Atlanta... chicago seems to have locker room issues.
CIN @ CLE : Browns.
BUF @ KC : Chiefs.
PHI @ STL : The Rams will be a great team this year but the Eagles are damn good at the moment. I want to pick Rams but sanity says Philly will win.
DET @ TB: The Bucs got this.
*TENN @ JAC : Titans.
*PITT @ BAL : This will likely be the game of the day! Bloody defensive showdown. Easily the most exciting rivalry today. I say Ravens win. They're due. Can't keep losing forever.
*INDY @ HOU : Texans. No Manning, no winning.

4:05/4:15pm games...
*NYG @ WASH : REDSKINS! The team is 60% new with a great passing game and the Giants defense is shredded at the moment. I think the Skins will beat a wounded Giants team. Plus it's a home game.
*SEA @ SF : Toss up. I'll take 49ers.
MINN @ SD : Fuck McNabb. Chargers win.
CAR @ ARI : Cardinals. ...and who the fuck cares?

8:20pm game...
DAL @ NYJ : Dallas is missing 2 of 5 CB's. Jets will win and I will laugh the whole time.

MNF...
*NE @ MIA : Patriots...
OAK @ DEN : Bronco's win.

ellis

#93 Post by ellis » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:07 pm

Ravens straight up butt fucked the Steelers. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#94 Post by creep » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:09 pm

i think hokahey is going to kill himself after today. the loss plus all the injuries...key injuries.

all out of koolaid this year. we will have some more next year.

creep
Site Admin

#95 Post by creep » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:12 pm

by the way ellis...your picks suck so far :wave:

ellis

#96 Post by ellis » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:13 pm

I'm ok with that.
After all, I had the balls to post them. no one else did.

Most of my picks were for home teams. And since it's week 1, it should have gone that way. I'm only surprised by the bills and bengals winning.

Juana

#97 Post by Juana » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:29 pm

Man Norv just fucking needs to go. Team is playing like shit. He's got some shitty play calls today. Fuck him another slow start. Wish they had a coach that actually fired them up to play well.

MYXYLPLYX

#98 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:48 pm

creep wrote:i think hokahey is going to kill himself after today. the loss plus all the injuries...key injuries.

all out of koolaid this year. we will have some more next year.
Yeah, his fuckin' Rams screwed my fantasy football game... I had Bradford and S.Jax... started out great and went to shit real fast. :banghead:

Juana

#99 Post by Juana » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:15 pm

They pulled out the W but the team looked really sloppy hopefully they clean it up.

creep
Site Admin

#100 Post by creep » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:33 pm

49ers played way way way too conservative. i think they ran it on third down like 80% of the time. grow some balls and open it up a little. thank you ted ginn for that win. :banana:

1-12 on third down :conf:

1st place...bring on the cowboys :wave:

ellis

#101 Post by ellis » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:34 pm

Redskins!! :boobs: :rockon:

Lets go Jets!!

Juana

#102 Post by Juana » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:51 pm

Yeah the Jets need to do well and Shonne Green needs to have a good game so I can win this weeks fantasy matchup, since some of my other players decided to have shit games. But hey at least I started the 9ers special teams / defense

ellis

#103 Post by ellis » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:08 pm

I'm 8-5 on picks with 3 to go... fuck it!

I thought Jags would lose b/c of qb issues. they just fired their starter a few days ago.
I figured the Browns were competent enough to beat a shitty Bengals team in their own house.
Chicago had all that drama with Erlacher, figured there was enough locker room issues to spoil the team.
Chiefs game... totally blew the pick.
And Tampa Bay... wtf? Stafford is a beast.

of the final 3 picks...
I really believe the Jets will kick Dallas' ass.
Patriots are the Patriots... don't see em losing.
And for the OAK@DEN game, I honestly don't give a shit who wins so I picked the least likely to vomit on itself.

creep
Site Admin

#104 Post by creep » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:28 pm

i must have heard 100 people pick the falcons to go to the superbowl this year. i know it's only one game but...

typical san diego special teams disaster. one game in and juana is already calling for norv to be fired and they win. :lolol:

i'm still not sold on cam newton....wait till he playes a decent defense.

rex grossman :hs:

mcnabb with under 100 yds :lolol:

i think it's obvious that peyton is the most valuable person to his team. that was embarrassing.

kc can't be beat at home....oops

wow...ummm barbara bush is about 300lbs, walks with a cane and looks 200yrs old. laura looks good.

ellis

#105 Post by ellis » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:45 pm

Watching Rex Grossman and John Beck duke it out for the starter job was fun in the preseason. Barring out very bad offensive line, you will see a brand new Grossman here on out. He's got some left in the tank.