NFL

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
el segundo

Re: NFL

#151 Post by el segundo » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:01 pm

ellis wrote:They said not only did Romo crack a rib but he also punctured a lung AND... he's going to play on MNF vs Skins.

Horse shit.

No way he plays if that's true and if he does play, the Cowboys media peeps are so full of shit.

If Romo plays against the Redskins, Orakpo and Fletcher will have fun knocking the shit out of him :drink:

kv

#152 Post by kv » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:56 am

he broke one rib and nicked a lung..thats playable lung is prob about healed already

kv

#153 Post by kv » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:40 am

from my seats last sunday...rookie ponder on the sideline wondering how many 39 yard games from mcnabb before he starts

creep
Site Admin

#154 Post by creep » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:21 am

do charger fans stand the whole game? i hate that shit.

kv

#155 Post by kv » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:50 am

pretty much ya..it's bad stadium design...first 10 row or so can't see through the players on the sideline so they stand....used to it by now first few years i had tickets nobody ever stood..and the crowd was always dead and boring ..now everyone is into it..it's better

ellis

#156 Post by ellis » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:56 am

stay classy, New York...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and if that wasn't enough... how about some fake injuries?

Hokahey
Site Admin

#157 Post by Hokahey » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:36 am

Spags is a great defensive mind, but he's not a good HC.

Word is new Rams owner Stan Kroenke pulled him aside while Spags was on his way to the presser and spoke with him quietly for 20 minutes.

Our best receiver (Danario Alexander) wasn't on the field most of the game. Even still he caught 1 TD and 120 yards. What the hell were they thinking leaving him on the becn when everytime he comes he blows up the defense?

What was Spags thinking punting it at the end of the game? Way to waive the white flag pal.

And the complete lack of discipline was ridiculous. The penalties, the turnovers...

Bradford looked great. The D was a monster. The Rams had the talent to win that game. They didn't have the focus or coaching to pull it off though.

ellis

#158 Post by ellis » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:48 am

The Rams are a sleeping giant. They've got all the parts they need, but i think they believe they're supposed to lose this type of game.

Redskins were like that for years. Shanahan simply gutted the locker room of all the negative nancy's. And now we have a team of believers.

Watching the Rams last night... I felt like I was watching the Redskins of the past 4 years; loaded with talent... and just a few clicks away from a solid effort.

Alexander is a pimp. Bradford... I believe he will mature into a quality QB.

As for the D... there were a few places where the Rams D flatout fell asleep on coverage and that's unacceptable. Most notably, the final TD in the first half. Could've been a completely different game.

The Rams Oline... granted, they went up against the Giants D, they still gotta give Bradford more time. BUT... that no huddle was outstanding! I'd build on that. No huddle is what makes the Colts offense so incredible, not to mention Manning controls the plays and tempo.

If I was the owner, I wouldn't give up on anyone just yet... winning is infectious, as is losing. Just give it some time and patience for at least half the season. Injuries sure as hell aren't helping.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#159 Post by Hokahey » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:28 am

They completely abandoned the no huddle after the first half and the offense fell flat. They used to do that last year too. No huddle first half and look great, and then abandon it.

Danario wasn't even on the game day roster last week. Neither was our 1st round pick Quinn who had a sack last night.

The game management has been terrible under Spags. His schemes are great, but the players aren't focused and the game management is just odd.

This is his third year. He's had time to learn this stuff. The media is crucifying him and I couldn't be happier. He needs his feet held to the fire. He needs to be pushed. If they lose to the Ravens next week at home after watching the Titans beat them up then this is just flat our broken.

And it's not negativity the locker room. This team is ALL character. They've passed on multiple draft picks and free agents because they had attitudes. That's all they talked about the past two years was establishing a culture. Unfortunately I think that culture might be a bunch of wusses.

ellis

#160 Post by ellis » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:30 am

No offense... but I highly doubt the Rams will beat the Raven's. Titan's won b/c the Raven's blew their load on the Steeler's. And BECAUSE they lost the way they did to the Titan's, they'll be eyeing the Rams exactly like the Steeler's eyed the Seahawk's in Week2.

If you're looking for an opportunity to dump Spags, the Raven's will gift wrap it for you.

The Redskin's are the best chance Spags has to redeem himself. Skins and Rams matchup pretty well, IMO. I don't think the Ram's will be able to handle the running attack though and by this game, Landry will surely be back.

Ram's schedule is pretty tough the next few weeks. Ram's don't get a break until the Cardinal's in week 9. Week 7 vs Cowboy's is VERY winnable for the Ram's though. That team is so decimated with injuries. And other than the Week16 game vs the Steeler's, the entire second half of the Rams season looks winnable. I can't believe the NFL pushed all the Rams division games to the 2nd half of the season. WTF?

Things are not as bleak as they appear. Rams could be 8-8 or 9-7 with some discipline.

Juana

#161 Post by Juana » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:36 am

I think the thing the Rams are missing is a big WR (like a Jones or Green) that is young and they can lock up for 5-6 years. Get someone that Bradford can throw that back shoulder fade to.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#162 Post by Hokahey » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:55 am

Juana wrote:I think the thing the Rams are missing is a big WR (like a Jones or Green) that is young and they can lock up for 5-6 years. Get someone that Bradford can throw that back shoulder fade to.

Did you watch the game? They have that guy. His name is Danario Alexander, and when they dress him and get him in the game all he does is catch that pass over and over.

I suppose they're scared of playing him too much because his left knee is held together with thumb tacks and scotch tape, but why keep on the team then and release receievers that can play every down better than the people they're playing instead of Danario? It makes no sense.

I remembered something else that pissed me off too. Rams score a TD late in the 3rd quarter. The 6 points cuts the Giants lead to 13. Going for 2 puts the Rams a TD and FG away. Instead Spags kicks the extra point and they're down by 12 instead of 11. WTF?!?!!

Down by 12 with about 5 minutes left in the entire game they punt it on 4th down. ??!!! Did they really think the Rams could stop the Giants, score a TD, stop the Giants and score another TD with 5 minutes left in the game? If you're conceeding defeat then at least heave it down the field and hope for a penalty or another amazing catch from Danario (except Danario was riding pine).

Spags coaches scared. I thought he'd finally grow out of it this season. I hope they have his playbook copied down somewhere because the mans a defensive genius. But so far he's failed pretty miserably as HC.

And yes I know the second half of the schedule is much easier and there's a lot of season left. But Spags being Spags will get a 3 point lead against a bad team in the 2nd quarter and try to run the clock out for 2 more quarters. He needs to watch what the Lions did to KC. Go for the jugular until the clock hits 0:00 in the 4th.

ellis

#163 Post by ellis » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:25 am

I was also shocked that they took a FG at the start of the 3rd quarter. It's about 4th and goal or 4th and 3... can't recall, but it was VERY manageable. When I saw the kicking team take the field, I said, "They're going to lose." The reason I knew then that they would lose is because they didn't believe they could succeed a TD or first down in that moment. YOU GO FOR IT in that situation and if you fail, the Giants start their drive deep in their territory against a rested Rams D (due to halftime). That moment could have changed the game completely. Momentum would've been all on the Rams side.

EDIT: I looked it up... Rams marched down field, 60 yards, 7 or 8 plays, 3 minutes. It's 4th and 3 on the Giants 9. They go for a field goal. Score is now 9-21. Then they kickoff and the Giants return it to the 19 yard line. This drive eventually leads to a TD.

Going for 3 was played scared. "I can't get the 1st down or TD... play it safe and take 3." Fuck THAT. Ya gotta go for it! You're down 15 points on the road and the ball is inside the 10 yardline.

Juana

#164 Post by Juana » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:57 pm

hokahey wrote:
Juana wrote:I think the thing the Rams are missing is a big WR (like a Jones or Green) that is young and they can lock up for 5-6 years. Get someone that Bradford can throw that back shoulder fade to.

Did you watch the game? They have that guy. His name is Danario Alexander, and when they dress him and get him in the game all he does is catch that pass over and over.

I suppose they're scared of playing him too much because his left knee is held together with thumb tacks and scotch tape, but why keep on the team then and release receievers that can play every down better than the people they're playing instead of Danario? It makes no sense.

I remembered something else that pissed me off too. Rams score a TD late in the 3rd quarter. The 6 points cuts the Giants lead to 13. Going for 2 puts the Rams a TD and FG away. Instead Spags kicks the extra point and they're down by 12 instead of 11. WTF?!?!!

Down by 12 with about 5 minutes left in the entire game they punt it on 4th down. ??!!! Did they really think the Rams could stop the Giants, score a TD, stop the Giants and score another TD with 5 minutes left in the game? If you're conceeding defeat then at least heave it down the field and hope for a penalty or another amazing catch from Danario (except Danario was riding pine).

Spags coaches scared. I thought he'd finally grow out of it this season. I hope they have his playbook copied down somewhere because the mans a defensive genius. But so far he's failed pretty miserably as HC.

And yes I know the second half of the schedule is much easier and there's a lot of season left. But Spags being Spags will get a 3 point lead against a bad team in the 2nd quarter and try to run the clock out for 2 more quarters. He needs to watch what the Lions did to KC. Go for the jugular until the clock hits 0:00 in the 4th.
I mean like a TO, Moss, Plax type guy that is 6'4" and can jump like never before. Basically the problem with their offense is the redzone. Speaking of the Lions, Calvin Johnson would be good for the Rams.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#165 Post by Hokahey » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:55 pm

Juana wrote:
hokahey wrote:

I mean like a TO, Moss, Plax type guy that is 6'4" and can jump like never before. Basically the problem with their offense is the redzone. Speaking of the Lions, Calvin Johnson would be good for the Rams.

Danario is 6'5

kv

#166 Post by kv » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:18 pm

ya the rams punted with 5 minutes late i didn't understand at all they did it again with a minute or two left as well coach just quit

ellis

#167 Post by ellis » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:40 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand in case anyone didn't notice... it's Skins/Dallas week. :rockon:

FUCK YOU, DALLAS!!!!!! FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING FUCK!!!!
BEFORE:

AFTER:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by ellis on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Juana

#168 Post by Juana » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:42 pm

hokahey wrote:
Juana wrote:
hokahey wrote:

Danario is 6'5

That was an amazing catch. But basically WRs against NYG are going to have field days. Why was he riding the pine if he is that WR? VJax wouldn't have been riding the pine in the redzone is what I'm saying. Did he get hurt? Just figured if he was in the same league as the guys I named off up there that he would be more effective in the redzone. Because until they get a threat like that in the redzone (or develop a Gates/Gonzalez/NE TE) they're going to have problems scoring.

I'm not trying to be argumentative I honestly just don't know enough about the Rams WRs and haven't really seen any of them dominate (though Danario had a great game from the stat line I saw) since the Issac Bruce, Tory Holt days basically.

ellis

#169 Post by ellis » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Juana wrote:That was an amazing catch. But basically WRs against NYG are going to have field days. Why was he riding the pine if he is that WR? VJax wouldn't have been riding the pine in the redzone is what I'm saying. Did he get hurt? Just figured if he was in the same league as the guys I named off up there that he would be more effective in the redzone. Because until they get a threat like that in the redzone (or develop a Gates/Gonzalez/NE TE) they're going to have problems scoring.

I'm not trying to be argumentative I honestly just don't know enough about the Rams WRs and haven't really seen any of them dominate (though Danario had a great game from the stat line I saw) since the Issac Bruce, Tory Holt days basically.
5 hours ago....
hokahey wrote:

Juana

#170 Post by Juana » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:50 pm

Must have missed that

ellis

#171 Post by ellis » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:41 am

NY Giants Hixon out for remainder of the year with a torn ACL. Same one he tore last year. And he tore it making the freakish TD catch vs Rams.

ellis

#172 Post by ellis » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:52 am

ellis wrote:stay classy, New York...
and if that wasn't enough... how about some fake injuries?
This should make hoka happy... even though it's too late...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... line_stack
The NFL has warned teams that any suspected faking of injuries by players to disrupt the flow of the game could result in players, coaches and clubs facing league discipline -- including the forfeiture of draft picks.

In a memo sent to all 32 teams Wednesday morning, the NFL stated: "Should the league office determine that there is reasonable cause, all those suspected in being involved in faking injuries will be summoned promptly to this office in New York to discuss the matter. Those found to be violators will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action for conduct detrimental to the game. Discipline could include fines of coaches, players and clubs, suspensions or forfeiture of draft choices."

The harsh warning comes two days after two New York Giants defenders dropped to the ground with alleged injuries during a drive by the St. Louis Rams, who were effectively driving the ball down the field in a no-huddle offense. Giants coach Tom Coughlin said that he thought safety Deon Grant, one of the players who fell to the ground, was cramping because of the tempo of the drive.

The NFL stated that it doesn't have any rules against players feigning injuries because putting those in place could result in players who truly are hurt remaining on the field and jeopardizing their health to prevent a penalty. For now, the rules state that the only way discipline is levied is if a player, coach or club official admits to faking an injury.
It won't take the MNF game into consideration for punishment... but from this point forward, there will be action taken against teams caught cheating with injuries.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#173 Post by Hokahey » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:59 am

Why doesn't an injury just result in a timeout if a team has any?

ellis

#174 Post by ellis » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:36 am

hokahey wrote:Why doesn't an injury just result in a timeout if a team has any?
wasn't that the way it used to be? But the game was slower then.

There's so many injuries that would be tough to do.

It's good that the league recognized it publicly but I agree with many of the writers and commentators on this issue... it's practically impossible to regulate this and one should always err on the side of the player concerning injuries.

Teams will likely just establish ONE player as the fall-down player when a breather is needed for the D.

kv

#175 Post by kv » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:10 pm

ellis wrote:NY Giants Hixon out for remainder of the year with a torn ACL. Same one he tore last year. And he tore it making the freakish TD catch vs Rams.
i saw that play live and said he just blew his acl again was typical turf stick acl pop...hell of a play to go out on though got me outa my seat