World Cup

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
creep
Site Admin

Re: World Cup

#221 Post by creep » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:01 pm

i thought ot was sudden death. i guess not.

Larry B.

#222 Post by Larry B. » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:16 pm

creep wrote:i thought ot was sudden death. i guess not.
Sudden death (or "golden goal") was one of the most horrific inventions that made it briefly into the world of football.

creep
Site Admin

#223 Post by creep » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:33 pm

the united states had their chances. they should have won at the end of regulation. celebrate kv....celebrate

Juana

#224 Post by Juana » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:41 pm

creep
Site Admin

#225 Post by creep » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Juana wrote:Image
:lol:

kv

#226 Post by kv » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:12 pm

i am stoked, 12 more days...though i did watch some soccer today...i saw fake dive, after fake dive and a huge game almost come down to a shootout (which just has to be 10,000 x more lame then golden goal)

Mescal

#227 Post by Mescal » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:20 pm

creep wrote:the united states had their chances. they should have won at the end of regulation. celebrate kv....celebrate
No, they should not have won.

Belgium was the better team. By far.

Juana

#228 Post by Juana » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:31 pm

Mescal wrote:
creep wrote:the united states had their chances. they should have won at the end of regulation. celebrate kv....celebrate

From the looks of it by one goal. ;) It's alright though I hope David Stern gets involved in FIFA and Barry nukes waffleland over this.

JOEinPHX

#229 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:18 pm

Juana wrote:
Mescal wrote:

From the looks of it by one goal. ;) It's alright though I hope David Stern gets involved in FIFA and Barry nukes waffleland over this.
Not even remotely a close game.

From these stats, it appears the only thing the USA did better was fall down and fake injuries to get foul calls.

Juana

#230 Post by Juana » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:28 pm

Yet it was only 1 goal :nod: and they had a bunch of chances to tie it in extra time. Either way Allez Les Bleus!

Bandit72

#231 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:13 am

I've stolen your Argentina pic Larry :lol:

Is it just me or do all the players look completely fucked after about 80m minutes of every game. I still think any of the last 8 could win this.

Mescal

#232 Post by Mescal » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:21 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
Juana wrote:
Mescal wrote:

Not even remotely a close game.

From these stats, it appears the only thing the USA did better was fall down and fake injuries to get foul calls.
I was gonna say something, but Homer already said it better.

Did you actually watch the game?

But ok, whatever, USA USA USA!! You guys really are the best. What would this world be without you

Mescal

#233 Post by Mescal » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:23 am

Eeuhhm, sorry 6767. I was kinda quick in responding.

Rereading your post you were actually defending me.

Jeuj! Go Belgium! :waveflag:

Mescal

#234 Post by Mescal » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Juana wrote:Yet it was only 1 goal :nod: and they had a bunch of chances to tie it in extra time. Either way Allez Les Bleus!
A bunch of chances?

I didn't see one good chance really.

Then again, I was rather drunk by the end of the game. I didn't expect extra time when I started drinking 2 hours before the game. Thank God there wasn't a penalty shoot out.

Juana

#235 Post by Juana » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:59 am

Mescal wrote:
Juana wrote:Yet it was only 1 goal :nod: and they had a bunch of chances to tie it in extra time. Either way Allez Les Bleus!
A bunch of chances?

I didn't see one good chance really.

Then again, I was rather drunk by the end of the game. I didn't expect extra time when I started drinking 2 hours before the game. Thank God there wasn't a penalty shoot out.
There were 3-4 decent chances after Green (Greene?) was put in that kid is pretty fucking good, and I'm a dual citizen so at least France can hopefully keep it going for me. If not France than go Brazil

Juana

#236 Post by Juana » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:08 am

Keep in mind I know Belgium is the better side, if not for Tim Howard standing on his head it would have likely been a 7-0 loss instead of 2-1

creep
Site Admin

#237 Post by creep » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:15 am

Mescal wrote:

yeah obviously belgium was the better team but you have to admit that that american guy should have made that shot in the 90th minute.

Bandit72

#238 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:55 am

That was flagged offside too. He was about a MILE onside. So if he had of scored it wouldn't have stood anyway.

You lot should be glad, they're using video refereeing for the goal line! Should make you feel more at home, innit.

Larry B.

#239 Post by Larry B. » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:57 am

Juana wrote:Keep in mind I know Belgium is the better side, if not for Tim Howard standing on his head it would have likely been a 7-0 loss instead of 2-1
Actually, 16-1. Howard made 16 saves, more than any other goalkeeper in a World Cup match in recorded history. Here are all his saves.

Belgium deserved the win, but it was a really good match. For a minute there, before extra time, I thought the US were actually going to pull off a last minute win.

I don't know if it's because I got to experience this WC in real life, so please correct me if I'm wrong... but I fell like this is the most exciting World Cup I've ever seen. Quite a few goals, many upsets, many comebacks, great saves, great intensity in some games... I don't know, it seems like anyone could beat anyone, regardless of names and history.

Artemis

#240 Post by Artemis » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:12 am

Larry B. wrote:
I don't know if it's because I got to experience this WC in real life, so please correct me if I'm wrong... but I fell like this is the most exciting World Cup I've ever seen. Quite a few goals, many upsets, many comebacks, great saves, great intensity in some games... I don't know, it seems like anyone could beat anyone, regardless of names and history.
No, it's not just you. I think this is the best WC in recent memory. I've watched almost all the games in their entirety. Even when I was at work, I streamed the games on my computer. The times I couldn't actually watch, like when my boss was nearby, I listened with ear phones. Sure a couple of the matches were boring but overall they've been pretty exciting with many upsets and surprises. :rockon:

One thing I observed is the Uruguay team wears the tightest jerseys or they are super buff compared to all the other teams. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#241 Post by creep » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:15 am

Bandit72 wrote:That was flagged offside too. He was about a MILE onside. So if he had of scored it wouldn't have stood anyway.

You lot should be glad, they're using video refereeing for the goal line! Should make you feel more at home, innit.
i saw that it was flagged offsides. so is there a video review in the world cup? i'm confused. if there is no review it's a good thing he missed it. that would have been pretty controversial.

perkana

#242 Post by perkana » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:40 am

Mescal wrote:Eeuhhm, sorry 6767. I was kinda quick in responding.

Rereading your post you were actually defending me.

Jeuj! Go Belgium! :waveflag:
:lolol:
I get very sensitive too. I knew you were going to win!

perkana

#243 Post by perkana » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:46 am

Artemis wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
No, it's not just you. I think this is the best WC in recent memory. I've watched almost all the games in their entirety. Even when I was at work, I streamed the games on my computer. The times I couldn't actually watch, like when my boss was nearby, I listened with ear phones. Sure a couple of the matches were boring but overall they've been pretty exciting with many upsets and surprises. :rockon:

One thing I observed is the Uruguay team wears the tightest jerseys or they are super buff compared to all the other teams. :lol:
I agree, at least it has been way better than the last WC. I really can't tell who will be playing the finals. And I hope it's not as boring as the last one :sui:

perkana

#244 Post by perkana » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:49 am

Note to self: go to Uruguay
:lol:

creep
Site Admin

#245 Post by creep » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:50 am

perkana wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Larry B. wrote:

I agree, at least it has been way better than the last WC. I really can't tell who will be playing the finals. And I hope it's not as boring as the last one :sui:
not knowing anything about this game i'm thinking germany vs belgium.