off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Warped

Re: World Cup

#281 Post by Warped » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:29 pm

:lol: Again and again, i don't give a fuck. I did not even watch it :lol:

perkana

#282 Post by perkana » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:03 am

I don't want to say anything so I don't jinx today's match. Will just try to have positive thoughts :nod:

creep
Site Admin

#283 Post by creep » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:36 pm

creep wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
creep wrote:the deserving team won but that goal keeper that came in for the netherlands is a cocksucker.

what the fuck...i'm enjoying this silly game.
:lol:

Can I ask why is he a cock sucker?
he was getting in the faces of the penalty kickers before the kick and talking shit to them. i guess it's a strategy but it still makes you a cocksucker.
penalty kicks again. i hope they bring in that cocksucker goal keeper again and they lose.

Larry B.

#284 Post by Larry B. » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:41 pm

van Gaal is smarter than that...

Well, Germany is surely going to be difficult. The best national team in the world versus the best player to ever play the game + 10 guys who try to avoid conceding.

This is the same final as in 1990. I was 6 years old and I bet an aunt 10c that Argentina was going to win. Germany won and I still miss those 10c.

perkana

#285 Post by perkana » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:54 am

Same in Mexico 86, when the infamous 'mano de Dios' took place (when they played against England, not during this match).

Larry B.

#286 Post by Larry B. » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:44 pm

I thought this was pretty cool.

Larry B.

#287 Post by Larry B. » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:00 pm

Very well earned third place for the Netherlands. Brazil didn't deserve squat, what a horrible tournament they had. Hopefully this will pave the way for a new generation of Brazilian talent. During the broadcast, the Chilean commentator said that the Brazilian FA had contacted Mourinho to ask for his availability, but that his response was "I still have a contract with Chelsea for 3 more years, but who knows what happens in the future."

Don't go there, Mourinho. Stay at Chelsea until 2018, then lead Portugal for his first World Cup title in 2022. Then you can retire like the bloody ultra-rich genius you are.

Artemis

#288 Post by Artemis » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:22 am

I'm cheering for Germany today!

Cool FIFA Women's poster, btw. None of the games will be in Toronto though. Probably because around the same time the Panam Games will start here.

Pandemonium

#289 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:09 pm

I've never seen so many grown men cry at a sporting event, and that was before it was over and I'm just talking about the guys on the field. Someone could probably do a 5 minute montage of just the one German dude Shniztlegrabber or whatever his name is going down every 5 minutes bawling to the tune of "The Crying Game."

Artemis

#290 Post by Artemis » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:09 pm

I'm no expert but Messi better than Robben in the tournament?!?

Matz

#291 Post by Matz » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:29 pm

Pandemonium wrote:I've never seen so many grown men cry at a sporting event, and that was before it was over and I'm just talking about the guys on the field. Someone could probably do a 5 minute montage of just the one German dude Shniztlegrabber or whatever his name is going down every 5 minutes bawling to the tune of "The Crying Game."
the Vai song?!...I wonder if Warped still don't care about it....would be kinda funny

Pandemonium

#292 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:09 pm

Matz wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:I've never seen so many grown men cry at a sporting event, and that was before it was over and I'm just talking about the guys on the field. Someone could probably do a 5 minute montage of just the one German dude Shniztlegrabber or whatever his name is going down every 5 minutes bawling to the tune of "The Crying Game."
the Vai song?!...I wonder if Warped still don't care about it....would be kinda funny
Nahh, the Boy George tune. Just picture a lot of slo-mo clips of that guy down on the ground wailing away while this tune plays over the video:

Matz

#293 Post by Matz » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:41 pm

right, makes a little more sense

Larry B.

#294 Post by Larry B. » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:48 pm

Neeeeeein... :sad:

But very well fucking deserved victory for Germany. Man, what a perfectly well oiled machine.

I feel so sad for Messi... he will never win a World Cup. Maradona at least had Caniggia or Batistuta, but Messi has no one. Higuaín was shite throughout, Agüero was horrible and unfit, Di María was alright and got injured... So unless a very big crop of genuinely good Argentinian players come up out of nowhere, for the next WC Messi will have essentially the same team mates he has now. And he will be 31 by then. And who knows who will be managing the team.

And I think he was the best player of the tournament. I think Messi has made us a bit unaware of this because he does it all the time, but he was *everywhere*. He consantly roamed 3/4 of the pitch, trying to get his team mates to play, then grabbing the ball and dribbling past a few opponents, creating chances, trying to finish chances himself... he played as CM, LM, RM, both wingers, 10, false 9, lone striker... He single-handedly took Argentina to the final... so yeah, I think he deserves major props. While Robben was indeed outstanding, all those accussations of diving might have costed him the award.

LJF

#295 Post by LJF » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:23 pm

Larry B. wrote:Neeeeeein... :sad:

But very well fucking deserved victory for Germany. Man, what a perfectly well oiled machine.

I feel so sad for Messi... he will never win a World Cup. Maradona at least had Caniggia or Batistuta, but Messi has no one. Higuaín was shite throughout, Agüero was horrible and unfit, Di María was alright and got injured... So unless a very big crop of genuinely good Argentinian players come up out of nowhere, for the next WC Messi will have essentially the same team mates he has now. And he will be 31 by then. And who knows who will be managing the team.

And I think he was the best player of the tournament. I think Messi has made us a bit unaware of this because he does it all the time, but he was *everywhere*. He consantly roamed 3/4 of the pitch, trying to get his team mates to play, then grabbing the ball and dribbling past a few opponents, creating chances, trying to finish chances himself... he played as CM, LM, RM, both wingers, 10, false 9, lone striker... He single-handedly took Argentina to the final... so yeah, I think he deserves major props. While Robben was indeed outstanding, all those accussations of diving might have costed him the award.

Higuain had to get that shot early on in the match on goal. He was clear in on the goalie and shot it well wide. If he scores there the match is completely different. Not happy at all that Germany won, but putting personal feelings aside they were clearly the best team throughout the cup. That goal was a thing of beauty.

perkana

#296 Post by perkana » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Is Messi autistic? My folks and I kept wondering today. I just don't think he was in "the zone" or some shit like that :noclue:

perkana

#297 Post by perkana » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:11 pm

LJF wrote:That goal was a thing of beauty.
I thought so too. I was actually happy for the very young player. That's something to tell your grandkids. And I was relieved that the game didn't end with penalties. I was kinda happy about how the Brazilians weren't happy at their president during the ceremony. Saw the game at a movie theater. I will definitely do it again next time.

Warped

#298 Post by Warped » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:00 am

Honestly i am glad its over.
And i did not watch it.

Congrats to Bayern München for winning the WC :jasper:

I feel sad for Messi too, its like Larry said.

Bandit72

#299 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:58 am

Classic moronic 'brit' tweets last night.
David Beckham is a traitor letting is sons wear Argentina shirts .Remember the Falkland Islands!
For fucks sake.

perkana

#300 Post by perkana » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:43 am

What a douchebag. Here people weren't supporting Argentina because some Argentinian was an asshole to them somewhere. The memes of the German supporters were kinda funny. Like: the German community happy about their win and a bunch of Mexicans in German shirts :lol:

Bandit72

#301 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:14 am

I saw quite a few 'historical' tweets like that. I mean, I'm pretty sure every country has been at war with everyone else at some stage in history. If that was their basis for argument, then the fact they were playing the Germans made it even more nonsensical.

Larry B.

#302 Post by Larry B. » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:15 am

Yesterday I went to my father's to watch the final. A friend of my step-mother was there and she was the most obnoxious piece of shit I've ever had to watch half a match with.

"I hate the Germans, but I want Argentina to lose because I hate them more. Argentinians think they're the shit."

"OK, who's going to be the stupid fucker who reads the last name of the referee and doesn't know where he is from? hahahaha"

"Who's that player? He's sooo ugly. And who's that? Man, shave that beard."

"The German manager has a nervous tick. Nooo, he shouldn't be allowed to manage if he's like that."

"Germany has reached a new low. Where are all the blond players? And they have an ugly Turkish guy playing for them... gross..."

Thankfully, she left after 30 minutes because she had to take a flight back to his 1st world city in the south of fucking Chile. This is a woman who claims to hate sunny Rio "because it was too crowded" but loved gray Sao Paulo "because the Hilton had a great swimming pool and spa." She's so up her ass, I fucking hate her.

Hype

#303 Post by Hype » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:50 am

"Germany has reached a new low. Where are all the blond players? And they have an ugly Turkish guy playing for them... gross..."
That's not merely obnoxious... it's psychotic. I bet like Hitler she's not even blonde.

Someone get her in touch with Uncle Ruckus...

Larry B.

#304 Post by Larry B. » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:29 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
That's not merely obnoxious... it's psychotic. I bet like Hitler she's not even blonde.

Nah, she is blond... but she was speaking as if she was the greatest, wealthiest, most important human being in the world. She criticized people who use bouillon cubes because they were "tacky shit". "I never use them, in my house we don't use that tacky shit." For starters, she doesn't cook (she has a maid) and in this country the only people who don't eat stuff made with bouillon cubes are those who suffer from celiac disease. She lives in a stupid city in the south of Chile and it's her husband who pays for her vacations and shit. She's an interior designer who has like 2 clients.

She's one of those people who finds everything bad, and when something is good she goes "this is good, but I remember the time I was in Florence and they had something like this but like, A BAZILLION TIMES BETTER."

Fucking pisses me off.

Pandemonium

#305 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:33 am

Larry B. wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:

Nah, she is blond... but she was speaking as if she was the greatest, wealthiest, most important human being in the world. She criticized people who use bouillon cubes because they were "tacky shit". "I never use them, in my house we don't use that tacky shit." For starters, she doesn't cook (she has a maid) and in this country the only people who don't eat stuff made with bouillon cubes are those who suffer from celiac disease. She lives in a stupid city in the south of Chile and it's her husband who pays for her vacations and shit. She's an interior designer who has like 2 clients.

She's one of those people who finds everything bad, and when something is good she goes "this is good, but I remember the time I was in Florence and they had something like this but like, A BAZILLION TIMES BETTER."

Fucking pisses me off.
Why would you have Etty over to watch the World Cup?