Ask Clickie

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
clickie

Re: Ask Clickie

#41 Post by clickie » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:24 am

SR wrote:I'd say your a fan of muscle cars. Mustang or Corvette?
Out of those two..Corvette. I used to drive a 79' corvette in my early 20's. If I buy another sports car, it'll be an older model Porsche 911.
The new Corvettes look wicked from behind.
perkana wrote:Nachos or real tacos?

You kidding me? I'll take a taco made from locals who raise animals on theyre own property served with cilantro and onions on a fresh corn tortilla with some sliced up radishes on the side any day over some salty nacho chips smothered in cheese. Cilantro tastes so fresh and sharp and distinct. I love it.

Romeo wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Juana wrote:
Artemis wrote:clickie, how many pairs of flip flops do you have?
None..My

Clickie, since you live in FL. What's your views on "stand your ground"?

I'd have to look through every instance the law was tested to come up with an answer. The law is fucked up because it leaves too much leeaway for coming up with an excuse if you do kill someone. I'm all for being able to defend yourself if being attacked, so letting a jury decide case by case whether or not self defense with deadly force was justified is fine by me. I agree with most people that Trevon Martin being shot to death wasnt necessary.

perkana

#42 Post by perkana » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:51 am

nausearockpig wrote:
perkana wrote::lol: it's ok...I had a really great burrito in a Berkley joint. They've invaded over here too. It is Mexican I guess, I'm more a tacos al pastor person.
I'm a fan of cart hot dogs, especially after a night out. They're like heaven.
Perkana, being Mexican do u call Mexican Food, just... food?
well yes, how do you call yours? but abroad, I do call it Mexican food.

creep
Site Admin

#43 Post by creep » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:05 am

clickie wrote: If I buy another sports car, it'll be an older model Porsche 911.
smartest thing you have ever said.

clickie

#44 Post by clickie » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:45 am

Question for you guys

What are the odds of getting a woman pregnant who had her tubes tied?

SR

#45 Post by SR » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:28 pm

No questions from you, especially as you haven't answered all yours.

clickie

#46 Post by clickie » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:10 pm

I feel like a caged animal, now I understand the purpose of this thread.

SR

#47 Post by SR » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:11 pm

:lol: which is?

nausearockpig

#48 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:22 pm

perkana wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
perkana wrote::lol: it's ok...I had a really great burrito in a Berkley joint. They've invaded over here too. It is Mexican I guess, I'm more a tacos al pastor person.
lol... we just call ours food too, but in fairness there's little food that's quintessentially "Australian" - seeing that in the last 200 years this country was built on English convicts then on an influx of migrants from Europe & Asia etc.... generally speaking, the local aboriginal foods have not made it into Australian cuisine... we do love our pies, pavlovas and lamingtons though! Oh and Vegemite, everyone loves Vegemite.. and if you don't like it, you're an unAustralian Terrorist.....

These conglomeration of words sum it up perfectly "Modern Australian cuisine has been embraced in Australia as we search for a unique food culture to call our own, yet unashamedly takes its inspiration from countries all over the world. Australian food culture has been as influenced by South East Asian cuisines as it has by Italian home cooking and American fast food."

http://www.sbs.com.au/food/article/2008 ... alian-food

Back to you clickie....

clickie

#49 Post by clickie » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:52 pm

Oh yeah this one's a question sent through private message. Creep I honestly have no idea how much Rogaine costs at Walmart.

perkana

#50 Post by perkana » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:23 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
perkana wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
lol... we just call ours food too, but in fairness there's little food that's quintessentially "Australian" - seeing that in the last 200 years this country was built on English convicts then on an influx of migrants from Europe & Asia etc.... generally speaking, the local aboriginal foods have not made it into Australian cuisine... we do love our pies, pavlovas and lamingtons though! Oh and Vegemite, everyone loves Vegemite.. and if you don't like it, you're an unAustralian Terrorist.....

These conglomeration of words sum it up perfectly "Modern Australian cuisine has been embraced in Australia as we search for a unique food culture to call our own, yet unashamedly takes its inspiration from countries all over the world. Australian food culture has been as influenced by South East Asian cuisines as it has by Italian home cooking and American fast food."

Thanks for the link! To be honest, our food is very regional, I still haven't tried everything yet and there is always someone offering new dishes that combine old and new techniques. Talking about Vegemite, I just learned today (thanks, bc!) that it's something like Marmite which I'm still getting used to. I still don't know if I hate it or I love it.

nausearockpig

#51 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:44 pm

perkana wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
perkana wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:

Thanks for the link! To be honest, our food is very regional, I still haven't tried everything yet and there is always someone offering new dishes that combine old and new techniques. Talking about Vegemite, I just learned today (thanks, bc!) that it's something like Marmite which I'm still getting used to. I still don't know if I hate it or I love it.
I'd go so far as saying that Vegemite/Marmite is one of those things where people fall into two categories: 1) love it or 2) fucking hate it with a passion (and would rather eat their own shit or put needles in their dicks/eyes than eat it). I've noticed that here *most* people love it but grew up eating it hence their love of it... or dislike if they didn't grow up with it. I fall into categoria numero dos.... that shit is gross.... rant over... for now... maybe...

Romeo

#52 Post by Romeo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:14 am

We have shish kabob trucks on every corner. There used to be one right outside Penn, grab & run to catch your train!

clickie

#53 Post by clickie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:49 am

All we have on my corner is a stop sign and a bicycle rack thats never been touched. Up at the clubhouse theres a soda machine though.

Larry B.

#54 Post by Larry B. » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:26 am

Are you Creep? You write like Creep used to write 5-7 years ago.

Come on, confess.

clickie

#55 Post by clickie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:31 am

Be honest Larry, did you rig the secret santa so creep received perks gift because youre trying to be cupid?

Larry B.

#56 Post by Larry B. » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:19 pm

clickie wrote:Be honest Larry, did you rig the secret santa so creep received perks gift because youre trying to be cupid?
Hey, this is 'Ask Clickie'. So fuck your questions and answer mine, god damn it.

clickie

#57 Post by clickie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:59 pm

I knew you did.

nausearockpig

#58 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:03 pm

clickie wrote:Be honest Larry, did you rig the secret santa so creep received perks gift because youre trying to be cupid?
someone should photoshop a pic of creep and perkana into one and post it in the Valentines thread*.

*Actual thread may not exist.

clickie

#59 Post by clickie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:06 pm

Yeah perk is the cream of the crop but we cant just expect creep to pack his bags and move to Mexico.

nausearockpig

#60 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:08 pm

clickie wrote:Yeah perk is the cream of the crop but we cant just expect creep to pack his bags and move to Mexico.
I'm pretty sure he'd move, he'd be happy being a kept man.. fixing houses in Mexico would be fun for him... plus there's all that Mexican food....

clickie

#61 Post by clickie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:11 pm

he doesnt even like real mexican food though..his idea of mexican food is 7-11 nachos.

nausearockpig

#62 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:14 pm

clickie wrote:he doesnt even like real mexican food though..his idea of mexican food is 7-11 nachos.

sounds delicious! like instant coffee.. which I'm drinking now...

clickie

#63 Post by clickie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:15 pm

do you guys have 7-11 in Australia?

perkana

#64 Post by perkana » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Hey, hey, hey, this is clickie's thread :essence:

nausearockpig

#65 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:20 pm

clickie wrote:do you guys have 7-11 in Australia?
I'm going to assume this question is OK because the title of the thread could've been written incorrectly and shoulda been "Ask, Clickie."

Yes we do but they don't have your fancy Mexican Food like yours do in the YouSa... :sad: