Brain Teaser Questions

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
chaos

Brain Teaser Questions

#1 Post by chaos » Tue May 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Seventeen questions. I posted the link to the answers below. Don't cheat! :wink:
Brain Teaser Questions

1. 84% of people reading this will not find the the mistake in this A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z.

2. How can you throw a ball as hard as you can and have it come back to you, even if it doesn't bounce off anything? There is nothing attached to it, and no one else catches or throws it back to you.

3. What occurs once in every minute, twice in every moment, yet never in a thousand years?

4. What’s full of holes but still holds water?

5. What flies without wings?

6. Where will you find roads without vehicles, forests without trees, and cities without houses?

7. What are two things you cannot eat for supper?

8. What word looks the same upside down and backwards?

9. What five letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?

10. A boy was rushed to the hospital emergency room. The ER doctor saw the boy and said, “I cannot operate on this boy. He is my son.” But the doctor was not the boy’s father. How could that be?

11. What can you keep but cannot share and once you share it, you can’t keep it anymore?

12. You leave home and go to your right. You reach a corner and turn left. You reach another corner and turn left again. You reach another corner and turn left again and go home. When you get there, there is a person with a mask there waiting for you. What's happening?

13. A man was outside taking a walk, when it started to rain. The man didn't have an umbrella and he wasn't wearing a hat. His clothes got soaked, yet not a single hair on his head got wet. How could this happen?

14. Sam's mother had 4 children in all. The first one was named May. The second and third were called June and July respectively. What was the fourth child's name?

15. The more it dries, the wetter it gets. What is it?

16. Why can’t a man living in the USA be buried in Canada?

17. There is only one time in your life when you're twice as old as your child. When is that?
http://www.allprodad.com/articles/more- ... swers/#A12

sinep

Re: Brain Teaser Questions

#2 Post by sinep » Tue May 21, 2013 11:05 pm

Brain Teaser Questions

1. 84% of people reading this will not find the the mistake in this A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z.

WHAT THE FUCK HOW DID I MISS THAT

2. How can you throw a ball as hard as you can and have it come back to you, even if it doesn't bounce off anything? There is nothing attached to it, and no one else catches or throws it back to you.

Easy

3. What occurs once in every minute, twice in every moment, yet never in a thousand years?

Decent

Dumb

helecopter? fire cracker? bullet? lots of things? Dumb.

6. Where will you find roads without vehicles, forests without trees, and cities without houses?

I think I heard this 100000 times in boyscouts

Lots of things... more of a joke than a riddle.

That one was kind of cool.

Hadn't heard this one before, liked it but didn't take long to figure out.

10. A boy was rushed to the hospital emergency room. The ER doctor saw the boy and said, “I cannot operate on this boy. He is my son.” But the doctor was not the boy’s father. How could that be?

Heard it before, but never remember it. I like it.

11. What can you keep but cannot share and once you share it, you can’t keep it anymore?

Virginity is a better answer.

12. You leave home and go to your right. You reach a corner and turn left. You reach another corner and turn left again. You reach another corner and turn left again and go home. When you get there, there is a person with a mask there waiting for you. What's happening?

I'm being robbed after walking around the park?

13. A man was outside taking a walk, when it started to rain. The man didn't have an umbrella and he wasn't wearing a hat. His clothes got soaked, yet not a single hair on his head got wet. How could this happen?

duuuuuumb and obbbbbvious

14. Sam's mother had 4 children in all. The first one was named May. The second and third were called June and July respectively. What was the fourth child's name?

duuuuuuumb.... also not a riddle

meh

duuuuuummmb

17. There is only one time in your life when you're twice as old as your child. When is that?
duuuuuuuuuumb

http://www.allprodad.com/articles/more- ... swers/#A12

I'll give it a 7/10. worth my time.

sinep

#3 Post by sinep » Tue May 21, 2013 11:07 pm

one of my favorites to ask friends. i use bar coasters, flipped over for white hats and facing up for black hats. boy, i'm a hoot.

kv

#4 Post by kv » Wed May 22, 2013 12:59 am

that took a couple minutes nice

kv

#5 Post by kv » Wed May 22, 2013 1:12 am

the top one i came up with alt answers lol

4. a golf course
5. a baseball
11. also thought virginity

Larry B.

#6 Post by Larry B. » Wed May 22, 2013 5:02 am

1. God damn it. I even looked for that mistake and didn't see it. Incredible.

2. I thought "throwing it forward", at an impossible speed. It'd go around the Earth and come back to me.

3. Easy.

4. Easy.

5. Stupid.

6. Boring.

7. Boring.

8. The answer isn't quite fair, as I thought it meant "what word looks the same while upside down and looks the same backwards". Boring.

9. Easy.

10. Cool.

11. Boring.

12. Funny answer.

13. Too easy.

14. Easy but fun.

15. Easy.

16. Obvious.

17. Cool fact.

Sinep's: Your riddles are the most ridiculously boring shite I've ever seen.

Mescal

#7 Post by Mescal » Wed May 22, 2013 8:05 am

sinep wrote:one of my favorites to ask friends. i use bar coasters, flipped over for white hats and facing up for black hats. boy, i'm a hoot.

C can shake of his hat so that it lands in front of him?

Mescal

#8 Post by Mescal » Wed May 22, 2013 8:06 am

Mescal wrote:
sinep wrote:one of my favorites to ask friends. i use bar coasters, flipped over for white hats and facing up for black hats. boy, i'm a hoot.

Oh wait, A, B and D can also do that

mockbee

#9 Post by mockbee » Wed May 22, 2013 9:15 am

Mescal wrote:

Well, you got the answer right, but your reason was dumb..... :lol: :bigrin:

Think about what D knows. :wave:

tvrec

#10 Post by tvrec » Wed May 22, 2013 11:25 am

mockbee wrote: Well, you got the answer right, but your reason was dumb..... :lol: :bigrin:

Think about what D knows. :wave:
I'll put it another way here:
think about what C knows that D knows.

Hype

#11 Post by Hype » Wed May 22, 2013 12:59 pm

chaos wrote:Seventeen questions. I posted the link to the answers below. Don't cheat! :wink:
Brain Teaser Questions

(1) is a dumb "brain teaser", because it relies on the ambiguous reference of 'this'.

Straight up in the air.

The letter 'm'.

A sponge, or a human body.

Time.

Ant colonies? This isn't so much a brain-teaser as it is a trivia question...

... what the hell? Uh... I don't know what this question is asking for, but how about: love, and ... hate. ... since they're abstract things.

I can't think of one that uses the letters that are the same upside down/backwards, but there probably is one.

SHORT

DOCTORS CAN BE WOMEN, STUPID.

A SECRET.

I ... don't think I care enough about this question to bother thinking about it, though I swear I've answered it before when I was a kid (as with a number of the above).

Dude's bald, duh.

Sam...

Your crotch... no wait... a towel... this is not a brain teaser...

Because he's not dead... these are like... MENSA brain-teaser reject questions... seriously.

When your child is the age you were when your child was born...

... I don't know why I bothered to do those.

farrellgirl99

#12 Post by farrellgirl99 » Wed May 22, 2013 1:16 pm

:lol: i also thought crotch for 15.

i have always hated brain teasers and riddles. i think its because i have no patience and i hate logic. are these even logic?

Larry B.

#13 Post by Larry B. » Wed May 22, 2013 1:57 pm

You might enjoy an awesome game called ROCKBUSTERS. Basically, you get a cryptic clue and a some initials and you have to guess what artist or band the clue represents.

For instance: "That woman from Texas fell into a swimming pool. Initials are WH."

The answer, certainly, being Whitney Houston. As in wet-knee Houston.

Alright? Here's one for you:

That boy's magic stick has got him a bit excited. Initials are OD.

Hype

#14 Post by Hype » Wed May 22, 2013 7:35 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote::lol: i also thought crotch for 15.

i have always hated brain teasers and riddles. i think its because i have no patience and i hate logic. are these even logic?
These are not. Also, you cannot hate logic. Logic is how you think. Do you hate how you think? :wink:

Bandit72

#15 Post by Bandit72 » Wed May 22, 2013 11:44 pm

No. 1 is pretty mental.

perkana

#16 Post by perkana » Thu May 23, 2013 2:18 pm

Mescal wrote:
Mescal wrote:

Oh wait, A, B and D can also do that
D, because he can see B and C have a color of each and B's already white
I saw this one on Graham Norton's show but there was no wall between A and B so it was easier for D to say white

tvrec

#17 Post by tvrec » Thu May 23, 2013 2:36 pm

perkana wrote: D, because he can see B and C have a color of each and B's already white
I saw this one on Graham Norton's show but there was no wall between A and B so it was easier for D to say white
D can't see through the wall so would only know that C and B have different coloured hats.
With that information alone, D would not be sure if it was wearing a white or black hat.

BUT because D doesn't know what colour hat is on its head, it can't call out.
If it can't call out, we infer that it sees two different colours in front of it (one black and one white).
C can see B's hat is one colour and from D's silence deduces that its hat must be a different colour than B's.

Larry B.

#18 Post by Larry B. » Thu May 23, 2013 2:49 pm

tvrec wrote:
perkana wrote: D, because he can see B and C have a color of each and B's already white
D can't see through the wall so would only know that C and B have different coloured hats.
With that information alone, D would not be sure if it was wearing a white or black hat.

BUT because D doesn't know what colour hat is on its head, it can't call out.
If it can't call out, we infer that it sees two different colours in front of it (one black and one white).
C can see B's hat is one colour and from D's silence deduces that its hat must be a different colour than B's.
Shit, that explanation was fucking confusing.

Here it is: C sees one hat (a white hat). He thinks "I'm fucked, we have 10 minutes to save our asses and I don't know shit."

After one minute of silence, he thinks "Hang on a minute... if D isn't saying anything, and he can see two hats, it's because their colors are different! And since B's hat is white, mine must be black! Ohhh, glorious day!"

That's what happened.

perkana

#19 Post by perkana » Thu May 23, 2013 9:57 pm

Thanks Larry
But I understood tvrec's explaination too, so thanks.
I would have gotten everybody shot btw

sinep

#20 Post by sinep » Thu May 23, 2013 10:18 pm

rearrange the letters:

n w r d o e o

to make one word.

-every letter must be used as it is, not flipped, or any of that bullshit, and the answer is one word, in english.

if you cheat and google it i will fucking cut you.

chaos

#21 Post by chaos » Thu May 23, 2013 11:53 pm

sinep wrote:rearrange the letters:

n w r d o e o

to make one word.

-every letter must be used as it is, not flipped, or any of that bullshit, and the answer is one word, in english.

oneword

or newdoor :lol:

Mescal

#22 Post by Mescal » Fri May 24, 2013 12:32 am

Newodor

Larry B.

#23 Post by Larry B. » Fri May 24, 2013 6:41 am

Mescal wrote:Newodor
Or owned.

chaos

#24 Post by chaos » Fri May 24, 2013 2:29 pm

http://www.mephobia.org/?p=2096

How many legs does this elephant have?

This impossible elephant was drawn by American cognitive scientist Roger N.Shepard

ellis

#25 Post by ellis » Tue May 28, 2013 8:43 am

sinep wrote:rearrange the letters:

n w r d o e o

to make one word.

one word