First World Problem of the Day

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
creep
Site Admin

Re: First World Problem of the Day

#81 Post by creep » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:47 am

Artemis wrote:When the sandwich counter lady cut my smoked meat on rye sandwuch in half today, she sliced through the tin foil wrapping which caused the Dijon mustard and pickle juice to ooze out onto my pants. Now, I have to walk around with a stain spot for the rest of the day. :eyes:
i always thought that if i ever worked in an office i would have a change of clothes there since i would have many food related accidents.

Artemis

#82 Post by Artemis » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:10 pm

creep wrote:
Artemis wrote:When the sandwich counter lady cut my smoked meat on rye sandwuch in half today, she sliced through the tin foil wrapping which caused the Dijon mustard and pickle juice to ooze out onto my pants. Now, I have to walk around with a stain spot for the rest of the day. :eyes:
i always thought that if i ever worked in an office i would have a change of clothes there since i would have many food related accidents.

:lol:

I don't often have food related accidents. The most common one for me is salad dressing splashes or drips. I have MANY tops/blouses that are now "around the house" wear because of a visible oil stain.

nausearockpig

#83 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:40 pm

someone sent me this today, it's probably been seen before but it's both funny and sad...

Artemis

#84 Post by Artemis » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:50 pm

No, I haven't seen that before. It certainly puts things in perspective...well done.

chaos

#85 Post by chaos » Sat May 10, 2014 4:24 pm

Oh. My. God. This is both hysterical and scary. :lolol: :scared:

I give the kid who was unfortunate enough to answer this call a lot of credit for staying so measured and calm.
http://gawker.com/youve-never-heard-a-c ... ign=Buffer

You've Never Heard a Customer Service Call Meltdown Quite Like This One
Neetzan Zimmerman

9/12/13 9:47am

First, some context.

After an unidentified security systems company missed an appointment, one inconvenienced customer phoned the company's customer service line to straighten things out.

Following a little back and forth, the issue was bumped up to a supervisor named Michelle, who subsequently phoned the customer and left him a message asking him to call her back to her direct extension.

And so he did.

Except that Michelle had apparently gone home for the day, and no one at customer service seemed to know her by name, so the customer was kicked around the system for over three hours.

He ultimately reached a tech support agent named Mark, and that's when he officially broke down and let the expletives fly.

What followed was the culmination not just of this customer's individual frustration with the customer service system of this particular company, but the synergistic ire of every customer who has ever been shoved around by useless customer service since the first hold button was installed.

The exchange was uploaded to YouTube yesterday by a person claiming to be a former employee of the company.

According to this person, after this incident, the customer was legally banned from phoning the company.

The ex-employee also claims the company has gone to lengths to scrub any and all record that this call ever took place.

"The company would not be happy that I'm doing this," he wrote, "but it belongs on the internet."

Larry B.

#86 Post by Larry B. » Sat May 10, 2014 5:50 pm

The poor bastard.

Artemis

#87 Post by Artemis » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:34 am

I'm in charge of finding a place for the "Quarterly Brunch" with the girls this Saturday, and am having a helluva time trying to find a restaurant that takes reservations.

I really despise the arrogance of this ‘no reservations’ trend with virtually all Toronto restaurants over the last few years. :mad:

Mescal

#88 Post by Mescal » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:36 pm

chaos wrote:Oh. My. God. This is both hysterical and scary. :lolol: :scared:

I give the kid who was unfortunate enough to answer this call a lot of credit for staying so measured and calm.
http://gawker.com/youve-never-heard-a-c ... ign=Buffer

You've Never Heard a Customer Service Call Meltdown Quite Like This One
Neetzan Zimmerman

9/12/13 9:47am

First, some context.

After an unidentified security systems company missed an appointment, one inconvenienced customer phoned the company's customer service line to straighten things out.

Following a little back and forth, the issue was bumped up to a supervisor named Michelle, who subsequently phoned the customer and left him a message asking him to call her back to her direct extension.

And so he did.

Except that Michelle had apparently gone home for the day, and no one at customer service seemed to know her by name, so the customer was kicked around the system for over three hours.

He ultimately reached a tech support agent named Mark, and that's when he officially broke down and let the expletives fly.

What followed was the culmination not just of this customer's individual frustration with the customer service system of this particular company, but the synergistic ire of every customer who has ever been shoved around by useless customer service since the first hold button was installed.

The exchange was uploaded to YouTube yesterday by a person claiming to be a former employee of the company.

According to this person, after this incident, the customer was legally banned from phoning the company.

The ex-employee also claims the company has gone to lengths to scrub any and all record that this call ever took place.

"The company would not be happy that I'm doing this," he wrote, "but it belongs on the internet."
Why would he stay on the phone for three hours?

I would slam the phone down after 20 mins tops.

And if he asked for Michelle, and they told him she went home for the day, why did he stay 3 hours on the phone asking for Michelle?

(I didn't listen to the youtube clip - I'm actually having a Duvel atm and listening to some great music on my home stereo)

Artemis

#89 Post by Artemis » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:14 pm

The price of Parmigiano Reggiano is ridiculous! :mad:

I can't believe I paid almost $15 for 240gms!

Mescal

#90 Post by Mescal » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:28 pm

Yeah, Moisture is really expensive

Hype

#91 Post by Hype » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:31 am

Artemis wrote:The price of Parmigiano Reggiano is ridiculous! :mad:

It's worth it though -- pre-grated parm is terrible. Btw, Loblaws offers "price match", so if you can find it advertised cheaper somewhere else you can get it for the lower price there. And I'm sure you can find a No Frills or Food Basics flyer.

Artemis

#92 Post by Artemis » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:20 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Artemis wrote:The price of Parmigiano Reggiano is ridiculous! :mad:

It's worth it though -- pre-grated parm is terrible. Btw, Loblaws offers "price match", so if you can find it advertised cheaper somewhere else you can get it for the lower price there. And I'm sure you can find a No Frills or Food Basics flyer.
Definitely worth it! I haven't bought it for awhile and had forgotten how muchit is. It used to be one of the cheaper cheeses to buy.

I didn't know that Loblaws does price matching Just checked the Metro flyer and see that they have Parm Regg for $12.99/lb this week(last day today).

There's a risotto recipe I want to try but it will cost a fortune in cheese. :lol:

http://www.saveur.com/article/recipes/r ... SOC&dom=fb
Last edited by Artemis on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bandit72

#93 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:21 am

The phone call kind of reminds me of this one. Plus if someone threatened to come over with a machine gun, then surely you'd pass it on to the Police? I don't care if it's a passing comment or not.

Artemis

#94 Post by Artemis » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:27 am

Wow that guy has anger issues. I was scared just listening to that. :lol:

Pandemonium

#95 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:37 am

Bandit72 wrote:The phone call kind of reminds me of this one. Plus if someone threatened to come over with a machine gun, then surely you'd pass it on to the Police? I don't care if it's a passing comment or not.

I can relate but I'd never melt down like this guy. I usually get on average about 10+ spam type calls like this per day, 7 days a week on both my cell and home land line. All hours. Mostly, I just let the answering machine screen the calls and call back anyone worth doing so who bothers to leave a message. Sometimes it's an opportunity to flip the situation if I'm in a pranking mood and have a few minutes to kill. I fake an old lady voice, act like a psycho, talk in phony foreign accents, drag on the call asking dumb, redundant questions..... Contractors are the worst, especially ones that want to fix you up with "Solar" (power? glasses? tanning booths?) calling from a noisy call center. I'll really fuck with whoever is calling if it's an especially egregious call like the one about "Hi, this is Microsoft (calling from a munged number longer than my display can show) your Windows PC has been compromised and we will help you fix it..." A recent one I kept the barely English speaking lady on the line for about 5 minutes before she finally wised up I was fucking with her and hung up on me.

Bandit72

#96 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:04 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Bandit72 wrote:The phone call kind of reminds me of this one. Plus if someone threatened to come over with a machine gun, then surely you'd pass it on to the Police? I don't care if it's a passing comment or not.

I can relate but I'd never melt down like this guy. I usually get on average about 10+ spam type calls like this per day, 7 days a week on both my cell and home land line. All hours. Mostly, I just let the answering machine screen the calls and call back anyone worth doing so who bothers to leave a message. Sometimes it's an opportunity to flip the situation if I'm in a pranking mood and have a few minutes to kill. I fake an old lady voice, act like a psycho, talk in phony foreign accents, drag on the call asking dumb, redundant questions..... Contractors are the worst, especially ones that want to fix you up with "Solar" (power? glasses? tanning booths?) calling from a noisy call center. I'll really fuck with whoever is calling if it's an especially egregious call like the one about "Hi, this is Microsoft (calling from a munged number longer than my display can show) your Windows PC has been compromised and we will help you fix it..." A recent one I kept the barely English speaking lady on the line for about 5 minutes before she finally wised up I was fucking with her and hung up on me.
I have True Caller ID on my mobile (I imagine something similar exists in the U.S.) It filters numbers via a data base collated by everyone using the ap. Every spam number gets blocked, and if it doesn't, it comes up with an alert warning that it could be spam. My calls from PPI claims, cold sellers or 'lifestyle' companies has dropped tenfold since I installed the ap. If one gets through I just talk in French or, if she's around, hand the phone to my daughter and let her speak to them.

mockbee

#97 Post by mockbee » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:06 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Some of that is funny, but also kinda cruel to some dude/lady who is just working a shit job to make ends meet. :noclue:

I totally understand that it would be frustrating not to be able to answer your phone half the time though................. and if the guy/lady are douchbags, I would have no qualms going mental on them (no threats, just messing with them, like you said). Though, I know some call centers, the people get credits for staying on the line with people, some are by commission only, and get a paltry hourly wage otherwise. So you might actually be helping them out. :thumb: :lol:

Hype

#98 Post by Hype » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:50 pm

Wtf are phone calls?

Sometimes my iPhone makes a weird buzzing noise and a screen pops up with some numbers I don't recognize. I ignore it and it usually goes away.

Artemis

#99 Post by Artemis » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:21 am

Meanwhile in Canada...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/ ... -1.3120055

In what could only be described as an extremely bizarre crime, police have arrested a Hamilton man for pouring what's believed to have been a pool of maple syrup onto the sidewalk near the Convention Centre.

Police were called around 10 a.m. Thursday, and found a strange "unknown, sticky liquid" covering a four-foot area on the corner of Summers Lane downtown, police say.

A city road crew had to be called in to clean up the liquid. "They think it might've been a syrup — maybe maple syrup," said city spokesperson Kelly Anderson. "But they don't know for sure what it was."

Witnesses pointed out the man they said was responsible, and police arrested the 56-year-old for mischief. "He caused resources to have to be deployed to clean this stuff up," said Const. Steve Welton.

City crews had to lay down "absorbent material" to clean up the mess, Anderson said.

The man was also carrying a small amount of marijuana and was found to be breaching a probation order, police say.
I wonder what the "absorbent material" was...pancakes? Waffles? :lol:

chaos

#100 Post by chaos » Sat May 07, 2016 12:34 pm

Amazon's delivery service (AMZL-US). :waits:

It is terrible. They have never gotten my address right on their first delivery attempt.

crater

#101 Post by crater » Sun May 08, 2016 7:16 pm

chaos wrote:Amazon's delivery service (AMZL-US). :waits:

It is terrible. They have never gotten my address right on their first delivery attempt.
See! I'm not the only one that's had lame service with my orders from Amazon.

I could even add to my previous issue with the BABYMETAL Pop's I ordered.

Since my printer doesn't work, I had to order a mailing label from Amazon for $1.00, so I could ship the identical one back for my refund.

It said it would take 3-5 business days for it to arrive. I did that on the 18th of last month and my mailing label still hasn't shown up.

Since it's been such a hassle I just said fuck it, I'll just have duplicate Moametal Pop.

creep
Site Admin

#102 Post by creep » Sun May 08, 2016 9:14 pm

i think she is complaining about the amazon local delivery service that delivers shit like groceries and prime now stuff. not the stuff that comes from the regular amazon website.

i think you are still the only person with issues.

Hype

#103 Post by Hype » Mon May 09, 2016 6:17 am

Yeah, I've never had issues with Amazon deliveries. I've had weird things with individual sellers that don't go through Amazon's distribution hubs, but I have Prime so I try to only buy from the ones I can get Prime shipping with.

It might depend on where you live though. I live 30 minutes from the local Amazon warehouse.

chaos

#104 Post by chaos » Mon May 09, 2016 7:36 am

I have prime and am guaranteed 2 day shipping (on applicable orders). If they ship something through Amazon's own delivery service (rather than UPS, FedEx, or the post office), they have issues. For example, a few months ago I placed an order on a Saturday. About an hour after I placed the order they sent me a shipping confirmation with tracking info. It indicated that the package had been delivered. :confused: I had assumed that this was an error and that maybe they recycle their shipping #s or something. So I called Amazon to get the correct tracking info. They had delivered the package to the wrong address (and the saga began :lol: ). Since then, they have delivered to the wrong address 3 times.

Hype

#105 Post by Hype » Mon May 09, 2016 11:32 am

chaos wrote:I have prime and am guaranteed 2 day shipping (on applicable orders). If they ship something through Amazon's own delivery service (rather than UPS, FedEx, or the post office), they have issues. For example, a few months ago I placed an order on a Saturday. About an hour after I placed the order they sent me a shipping confirmation with tracking info. It indicated that the package had been delivered. :confused: I had assumed that this was an error and that maybe they recycle their shipping #s or something. So I called Amazon to get the correct tracking info. They had delivered the package to the wrong address (and the saga began :lol: ). Since then, they have delivered to the wrong address 3 times.
It seems possible that this is a problem very specific to your account, or your address, or maybe just some regional distribution. It's hard to conceive this being a more general problem with Amazon, since it would mean they'd have a reputation for this very quickly -- but they don't.

It's still a problem they should deal with, obviously... but I'm not even sure how this is possible.