Quirks

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Matz

Re: Quirks

#21 Post by Matz » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:43 pm

I've somehow come to think of the number 343 as an unlucky number for me. It began when I watched the American Chopper show when they built the bike to honor the fallen 343 firefighters that died on 9.11 and they mentioned that number quite a few times. It's completely stupid and makes no sense, I'm well aware of that. But let's say I bought a plane ticket today and it had that number on it or even it just being a part of a bigger number I'd freak out and think 'I'm fuckd, this wont go well' even though I've never seen any 'proof' that it is an unlucky number for me...so .yeah, ok, beat that anyone, it gets no fuckin dumber than this

jptm

#22 Post by jptm » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:01 pm

as a dad, and a dude who's getting older... i miss people having manners....

i hate it when people take a bite of food and their teeth scrape the fork... the sound.

people who chew with their mouth open.

SR

#23 Post by SR » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Seriously, these are great. There must be a king of quirks at the end. So far, it's very close but my mind snaps back to egg washing. :rockon:

Artemis

#24 Post by Artemis » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:52 pm

I remembered one more...

I can only wash dishes with a sponge that has a scrubby side. I can't use J cloths or any other type of cloth. In situations where there is no other option, I'll use a j cloth but I feel like the dishes aren't really clean.

Jasper

#25 Post by Jasper » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:31 pm

I sleep with socks on almost 100% of the time.

I can't stand music playlists with 13 songs, but 13 doesn't bother me in any other context. :noclue:

Pure Method

#26 Post by Pure Method » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:51 pm

Artemis wrote:I remembered one more...

I can only wash dishes with a sponge that has a scrubby side. I can't use J cloths or any other type of cloth. In situations where there is no other option, I'll use a j cloth but I feel like the dishes aren't really clean.

Agreed.

perkana

#27 Post by perkana » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:02 am

I have to wash myself with very rough scruffy rags, I feel like I didn't wash myself thoroughly if I use just those towel rags.
Last quirk or weird habit...I really hate others long hair touch my head. Maybe it's because my head is more sensitive when my hair is short, but I feel icky
P.S. About socks, I can wear them only to get warm (while just wearing light clothes)

crater

#28 Post by crater » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:03 am

Since socks were brought up ... I've not worn any socks for at least 20+ years.

I have a real issue with certain types of materials shirts/socks are made of and when they touch my skin I can't relax. I guess the best way to put it would be if there was one constant finger nails down a chalkboard noise going on in the background. When the synthetic material touches my skin, I start to feel like I'm suffocating and I have to rip the shirt or socks off.

SR

#29 Post by SR » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:57 am

Mathew McConaughey?

I wear very few variances in clothing. I wear only black Gap T's and only Levi 527 Jeans.Logos and writing of any sort bothers me. I alternate between black ankle boots and black Nike sneakers, and I ONLY wear black Active socks (you would too if you have ever tried them).

Artemis

#30 Post by Artemis » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:17 am

I'm impressed that so many of us are sharing our quirks.

I have to say it felt good to unburden myself. :lol:

perkana

#31 Post by perkana » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:44 am

I bet I have more, but I guess it's normal...The Matthew McCoughney reference was so funny :lol:

mockbee

#32 Post by mockbee » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:36 am

I have frequented a band message board, pretty much daily, for the past 14 years and rarely check to see what the band is doing. :wink:

I suppose it's weird that I have 5 books laying around that I have started and are in various states of completion. Some books will lay around for years and then I will pick them up and finish them, or I never finish. :noclue:

kv

#33 Post by kv » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:25 pm

ok, i laughed...i'll play along

jane's sites number one...wtf are we doing here? plus i type like i am 4 on the internet i just don't giv a fuk...<- i love the " ... " and uncapped "i's"

i too like socks in bed during winter but cause and effect because i don't like the sheet or blanket tucked in at the bottom so i don't like my feet getting cold

i like to wear hats outdoors..mostly baseball hats..again mainly cause and effect because i don't wear sunglasses and i like the brim to act as one

i'm a night owl? i mean all my shit seems pretty pedestrian compared to you guys with your ocd

i'm old school i don't facebook or tweet and while i had a cellphone before almost everyone i knew for years i haven't had one in over 10 years..if i want to talk to someone i call them or go hang out i don't text..hell i hardly email people

ah...fuck i don't know i like to do the hokey pokey before i step outside my house? and i have to flush the toilet 10 times before i use it? and i turn my car on and off 6 times before i get out of it? if i drop a pen on the floor i have to move? no wait i don't do any of that...you guys are nuts! :heart: ya but wtf!

Larry B.

#34 Post by Larry B. » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:34 pm

KV has got a girlfriend! And it seems like he really likes her... I mean, for more than just the horizontal mambo.

Look at the way he wrote that post! If that's not a man in love, I don't know what is.

nausearockpig

#35 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:13 pm

I'm right-handed but I hold my cutlery as if I was left-handed.

LJF

#36 Post by LJF » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:58 pm

People making noises while they chew their food. I have a whole list of public bathroom things; While I'm taking a piss the person next to me talking to me. People talking to me or to someone else while they take a shit, people talking on the cell phone while they use the bathroom.

The first thing I listen to ever Friday and I've done this since the cd came out is The Cure's Friday I'm In Love.

Could never wear socks in bed.

nausearockpig

#37 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:36 pm

LJF wrote:...
The first thing I listen to ever Friday and I've done this since the cd came out is The Cure's Friday I'm In Love.
That's fucking excellent.

Pandemonium

#38 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:53 pm

SR wrote:Mathew McConaughey?

I wear very few variances in clothing. I wear only black Gap T's and only Levi 527 Jeans.Logos and writing of any sort bothers me. I alternate between black ankle boots and black Nike sneakers, and I ONLY wear black Active socks (you would too if you have ever tried them).
In the past few months post-Summer, I've found I really like wearing "medical" socks at night which have these tiny little rubber grippers on the bottom. I got hooked on them when I had to make frequent trips to a local medical supply store to buy them for my father-in-law when he was hospitalized locally last year. Prior to this, I *never* wore socks except when I wore shoes which was pretty infrequent except when I had to actually meet a client.

guysmiley

#39 Post by guysmiley » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:46 pm

A large percentage of humans are OCD to some degree. I think I've overcome anything I use to do. The washing eggs still has me laughing.

sinep

#40 Post by sinep » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:27 am

i have too many to list.

sinep

#41 Post by sinep » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:32 am

i get hung up on little things in movies and it makes me hate them. i wish i was able to enjoy mindless action films but i can't.

i saw part of cowboys vs. aliens today. i already knew that it wasn't going to be my type of movie, but i tried my hardest to enjoy it for what it was, but i wasn't able to because:

1) how could those big, brutish alien creatures with claws build a space craft and pilot a space craft? they didn't even have opposable thumbs.
2) indians helped fight the aliens too. why wasn't it cowboys and indians vs. aliens?

perkana

#42 Post by perkana » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:00 pm

chaos wrote:I rinse off eggs before I crack them.
I rinse them too, now that I think about it (when I have to cool them off after boiling them) So you're not alone :wink:

perkana

#43 Post by perkana » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:01 pm

sinep wrote:i get hung up on little things in movies and it makes me hate them. i wish i was able to enjoy mindless action films but i can't.

i saw part of cowboys vs. aliens today. i already knew that it wasn't going to be my type of movie, but i tried my hardest to enjoy it for what it was, but i wasn't able to because:

1) how could those big, brutish alien creatures with claws build a space craft and pilot a space craft? they didn't even have opposable thumbs.
2) indians helped fight the aliens too. why wasn't it cowboys and indians vs. aliens?
You must hate Bond movies

Matz

#44 Post by Matz » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:51 pm

perkana wrote:
chaos wrote:I rinse off eggs before I crack them.
I rinse them too, now that I think about it (when I have to cool them off after boiling them) So you're not alone :wink:
everybody does, minus the ones who love to get their hands fried. Not much of a quirk there.

Artemis

#45 Post by Artemis » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:17 pm

My father, who really had some OCD behavior and neat freakishness about him, washed oranges and grapefruits before peeling them with a knife. When I asked why he did that, he said he didn't want to get any germs or bacteria on his fingers because after peeling he would handle the flesh of the fruits with his fingers which would then go in his mouth.