Quirks

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction

Quirks

Postby SR » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:49 pm

I have a few.

Gum chewing drives me fuckin nuts

Certain commercials insure I will never buy the product. Case in point, the 'chicken pot pie' guy on the KFC ad.

And yes, I'm bored.
SR

Re: Quirks

Postby farrellgirl99 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:20 pm

i will only set my alarm clock to times that end in an odd number.
farrellgirl99

Postby Hype » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Fuck no.

Albuquerque?
Hype

Postby ant » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:45 pm

I don't like to see people's feet. I'm not crazy about having my photo taken and I feel uncomfortable when people sing happy birthday to me.
ant

Postby creep » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:25 am

i don't like shaking hands with people. if someone initiates it i do it but i find it unnecessary.

i don't like saying goodbye when i am with a large group. i usually just sneak out. i'm not antisocial though. i usually enjoy people.
creep
Site Admin

Postby perkana » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:55 am

I have a thing with closing drawers/closets and locking doors...it used to be so bad when I was younger that I once locked out my parents :lol:
I think I've got it under control now that I'm much older.
perkana

Postby Larry B. » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:29 am

Around breakfast time, I have to make sure there are 2 bottles of water in the freezer, 2 in the fridge and 2 on my desk. While I'm doing this, I heat 1.5 liters of water and prepare a cup of tea, fill up a small Thermos flask with enough water to prepare 2 more teas and leave this flask on my desk. I put the rest of the hot water in a different (bigger) Thermos flask to prepare more teas during the day or for miscellaneous uses.

Usually, I avoid people as much as I can. Yesterday, I went out to buy a gift and request a budget for some medical exams. Due to the extremely poor design of the Chilean health care system, the dangerously low IQ of the primates I had to deal with and their absolutely absent training to perform their jobs properly, what should've taken 45 minutes of my day ended up stealing 130 minutes. I came back home at 2 PM, bitching about everything, and just decided to stay in. Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington did a good job lifting my mood.

Toilet seat. It has to be down.
Larry B.

Postby Pandemonium » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:27 am

I often use my keys to touch metal objects like door knobs, etc on days when there's even the slightest chance of static electricity because I hate getting shocked.

I *have* to start my day with a shower. Even if I showered the night before right before bed. I just don't feel right if I have to skip a shower in the morning.

Dog hair drives me nuts. My wife thinks it's funny I go around with a little hand vacuum constantly picking up little dog hair "tumbleweeds" off the floor.

I *have* to do all my own laundry. Mostly because my wife has destroyed numerous shirts over the years usually by running a load of mixed coloreds right after running a load of bleached whites and the bleach water isn't completely out of the washer.

I'm sure there's more. No doubt I'd be classified as borderline OCD.
Pandemonium

Postby SR » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:33 am

Funny stuff....I shouls have titled this 'Quirks and Peeves".

It bugs the shit out of me when people freak out about thread etiquette. :lol:
SR

Postby perkana » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:34 am

I hate the static electricity...another quirk of mine (since there is no way people where I work will wash their hands with soap after going to the toilet), I have to have paper with me to touch door knobs. Also because I'm tired of getting sick too.
Last one, I hate when someone tells me that I shouldn't go to a show because I'm not a band's "true" fan. Have hated that since High School. That makes me want to get a ticket and just rub it in someone's face. Which I kinda did when I went to see the Pixies the first time :lol:
perkana

Postby intertwoven » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:42 am

I don't like things pointing at me. Like if I'm on the couch and a pen on the coffee table is pointed at me, I'll move it so it's pointing elsewhere. I've got a few semi-germaphobe things, but that's my weirdest OCD-type thing.
intertwoven

Postby Essence_Smith » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:15 am

Some of you guys are fucking nuts... :lol:

I can't think of any personal "quirks"...I think intolerant people with too many quirks/peeves annoy me more than anything...like my wife hates the sound of people eating anything crunchy...god forbid I eat some Doritos around her...of course its all good if she's crunching... :eyes:
Essence_Smith

Postby Artemis » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:17 am

I don't like gum chewing either.

I am noise sensitive and find sounds like nose blowing, sneezing, coughing, tooth sucking, lip smacking really irritating and cringe-inducing. If i'm on public transit, I move away from the person. At work when people are sick, I have to take frequent time outs to get away from the sound.

I can't stand the smell of bananas. At work it really bothers me when people put their banana peels in their garbage bins. I have the co-workers who sit around me trained to take their fruit peels to the lunch room garbage bin.

When I do laundry I can't mix towels with other clothes.

I can't stand when food(vegetables for example0 is not cut uniformly. I think that quirk goes back to the cooking portion of the hospitality program I was in at college. :lol:

I do not use microwaves. If I am out at a restaurant or cafe or soemthing that requires food to be hot, I ask if the food is going to be heated y microwave or oven. If it's microwave, I cancel the order.

OKay that's all I got for now.
Artemis

Postby perkana » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:27 am

I love chewing gum...have to chew something in the evening if I don't want to fall asleep. But I don't chew it that loud :wink:
perkana

Postby SR » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:21 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:Some of you guys are fucking nuts... :lol:

I can't think of any personal "quirks"...I think intolerant people with too many quirks/peeves annoy me more than anything...like my wife hates the sound of people eating anything crunchy...god forbid I eat some Doritos around her...of course its all good if she's crunching... :eyes:

Crunchy chewing is like nails on a chalkboard and know that she hates you with white hot anger when you do it. :nod: I am the same way.

People who wear sunglasses while being introduced, ESPECIALLY indoors. :banghead:
SR

Postby chaos » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:46 pm

chaos

Postby chaos » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:46 pm

I rinse off eggs before I crack them.
chaos

Postby Larry B. » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Artemis wrote:I can't stand the smell of bananas. At work it really bothers me when people put their banana peels in their garbage bins. I have the co-workers who sit around me trained to take their fruit peels to the lunch room garbage bin.

When I do laundry I can't mix towels with other clothes.

I can't stand when food(vegetables for example) is not cut uniformly.

I do not use microwaves. If I am out at a restaurant or cafe or soemthing that requires food to be hot, I ask if the food is going to be heated y microwave or oven. If it's microwave, I cancel the order.

It's hard to tell if I'm in love or just a bit scared...

:lol:
Larry B.

Postby crater » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:42 pm

A few of mine have been said already. Hearing people blowing their nose, sneezing and setting an alarm on odd numbers only.

I use separate knives when making peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. Even though they are about to be mixed together in the sandwich, if I open the peanut butter or jelly and see one mixed with the other inside the container, it grosses me out and I usually don't make the sandwich.

I love the taste of bananas, but don't eat them as the texture and the mushy/wet sounds they make, makes me want to puke.

I hate the number 88. Just seeing that I typed it, is making me mad.

I never address people by their names.
crater

Postby kv » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:24 pm

:yikes:

thats all i got...this thread..wow...so much explained
kv

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussion