Laundromat fail

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
chaos

Laundromat fail

#1 Post by chaos » Mon May 21, 2012 2:58 pm

These people are so lucky that their kid is still alive. I like to punch the person who chose to film this rather than to use his/her phone to call 911.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/worst- ... 00809.html
There's no way to know what the parents were thinking. Maybe they were trying to scare their kid into good behavior. Maybe they were just goofing around. Maybe they thought it would be funny -- there's a large sign hanging above the machines, saying "Junior Wash: $2.95." Whatever it was, it could have easily ended in tragedy.

In the silent footage from the laundromat's security camera, the dad scoops up the diaper-clad toddler, shoves him head first into the front-loading washer, and shuts the door. He and the mom seem amused at first, but panic quickly sets in when they realize that they can't get the washer door open. It's locked automatically, and the tot is trapped inside as the washer starts to run. (Warning: The video is disturbing).

The toddler tumbles helplessly, trapped in the machine, water pouring in, while the parents struggle with the locked door and then search for help. Finally, an attendant runs over and disables the machine. It takes a few more seconds to get the door open and the child out.

There have been several recent reports about kids dying after getting trapped in a washing machine -- in March, 18-month-old Ollie Hebb drowned in a washing machine accident, and a 3-year-old was killed in France after his father put him in one and turned it on to punish him. The child in this video suffered a few bumps and bruises and is fine, according to the person who posted the clip -- at least, as fine as one can be living with parents who think it's funny to stick kids in washing machines. No word on whether the parents will be investigated for, well, anything.

creep
Site Admin

Re: Laundromat fail

#2 Post by creep » Mon May 21, 2012 3:04 pm

chaos wrote: I like to punch the person who chose to film this rather than to use his/her phone to call 911.
:noclue: it's a security camera. it's not like there is someone monitoring it.

kv

#3 Post by kv » Mon May 21, 2012 3:07 pm

:lolol:

chaos

#4 Post by chaos » Mon May 21, 2012 3:08 pm

:lol: Oh, I missed that. When they referred to "the person who posted the clip" I assumed someone was standing there with a camera. I'll punch the parents instead.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#5 Post by Hokahey » Mon May 21, 2012 3:18 pm

It almost sounds like they didnt intend for it it to start, which if thats the case, theyre not the worst parents ever. Just dumb and probably trying to be funny/play around.

Larry B.

#6 Post by Larry B. » Mon May 21, 2012 3:54 pm

If you put a plastic bag around your kid's head, he/she is not going to die instantly, but it's still a much better choice to not put the plastic bag around your kid's fucking head.

This incident might just be one isolated -albeit severe- error of judgment or could be proof that these people are fucking stupid and should be stabbed in the asshole. At one point in the video it looks as if the guy is blaming the girl for something. Newsflash: you're both fuckheads. Instead of complaining about who did what, unplug the machine, yell for the assistant to disconnect the power, etc. Don't stand there arguing who closed the door and who put the kid in there.

Mescal

#7 Post by Mescal » Mon May 21, 2012 10:22 pm

Larry B. wrote:If you put a plastic bag around your kid's head, he/she is not going to die instantly, but it's still a much better choice to not put the plastic bag around your kid's fucking head.

This incident might just be one isolated -albeit severe- error of judgment or could be proof that these people are fucking stupid and should be stabbed in the asshole. At one point in the video it looks as if the guy is blaming the girl for something. Newsflash: you're both fuckheads. Instead of complaining about who did what, unplug the machine, yell for the assistant to disconnect the power, etc. Don't stand there arguing who closed the door and who put the kid in there.
Well, that's more or less what they did. First they panicked, they yelled for help, nobody came, only then did they run off to look for the assistant, who came and unplugged the machine (or at least tried to).

So looking at the clip, I don't think it was intentional. They just thought it was some sort of free rollercoaster ride.

Matz

#8 Post by Matz » Tue May 22, 2012 11:28 am

they should have their license to parenting revoked

Romeo

#9 Post by Romeo » Tue May 22, 2012 1:12 pm

oh yea that's really fucking hysterical. Putting your kid in a commercial washing machine & closing the door.

What morons

Larry B.

#10 Post by Larry B. » Tue May 22, 2012 1:14 pm

Matz wrote:they should have their license to parenting revoked
no catapult for them? :lol:

c'mon, let it free! don't hold it back :drink:

chaos

#11 Post by chaos » Thu May 24, 2012 6:34 pm

It turns out the people with the little boy were not his parents. The boy was with his babysitter and the babysitter's friend. The mother of the little boy intends to press charges.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/mom-82 ... 00329.html

Larry B.

#12 Post by Larry B. » Thu May 24, 2012 6:59 pm

chaos wrote:It turns out the people with the little boy were not his parents. The boy was with his babysitter and the babysitter's friend. The mother of the little boy intends to press charges.

:yikes:

Pandemonium

#13 Post by Pandemonium » Thu May 24, 2012 7:58 pm

Larry B. wrote:
chaos wrote:It turns out the people with the little boy were not his parents. The boy was with his babysitter and the babysitter's friend. The mother of the little boy intends to press charges.

:yikes:
I'm surprised something like that didn't happen with me with some of the hippy idiots my parents left me with in the late 60's.

Romeo

#14 Post by Romeo » Fri May 25, 2012 6:56 am

apparently the mother wants charges brought against the babysitter but the Authorities won't :hs:

mockbee

#15 Post by mockbee » Fri May 25, 2012 7:33 am

Pandemonium wrote:
I'm surprised something like that didn't happen with me with some of the hippy idiots my parents left me with in the late 60's.
It probably did, there just wasn't YouTube..... :noclue:

LJF

#16 Post by LJF » Fri May 25, 2012 9:39 am

Romeo wrote:apparently the mother wants charges brought against the babysitter but the Authorities won't :hs:

The judge said it was a stupid thing to do, but it wasn't illegal. I'm not joking about this. It isn't illegal to put a kid or for that matter anyone in a washer or dryer.

Romeo

#17 Post by Romeo » Fri May 25, 2012 12:25 pm

You can't leave a child in a parked car (considered neglect) but you can put a baby in a washing machine that is filling with water?

Sorry, not buying that :confused:

LJF

#18 Post by LJF » Fri May 25, 2012 1:26 pm

Romeo wrote:You can't leave a child in a parked car (considered neglect) but you can put a baby in a washing machine that is filling with water?

Sorry, not buying that :confused:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/31104541/detail.html

Romeo

#19 Post by Romeo » Sat May 26, 2012 5:31 am

it was the prosecutor not the judge who made the decision, and apparently NJ prosecutor's are retards.
"By looking at the video it is clear there was no attempt to harm the child," he said.
YEA well if the employee wasn't fast thinking the child would of been harmed. And possibly with grave consequences.

creep
Site Admin

#20 Post by creep » Sat May 26, 2012 7:50 am

on the subject of bad parenting....or more like dumb parenting. someone posted this on facebook. tell your stupid kid to put the thing down and yes you can die from rabies. i hope that kid was treated.

Romeo

#21 Post by Romeo » Sat May 26, 2012 11:45 am

Well idiot child probably did get the rabies series shots which are painful and maybe will teach idiot boy that wild animals are 1: wild and 2: animals.

stupid ass.

LJF

#22 Post by LJF » Sat May 26, 2012 11:57 am

Romeo wrote:it was the prosecutor not the judge who made the decision, and apparently NJ prosecutor's are retards.
"By looking at the video it is clear there was no attempt to harm the child," he said.
YEA well if the employee wasn't fast thinking the child would of been harmed. And possibly with grave consequences.

So proud of my state.

Larry B.

#23 Post by Larry B. » Sat May 26, 2012 1:56 pm

creep wrote:on the subject of bad parenting....or more like dumb parenting. someone posted this on facebook. tell your stupid kid to put the thing down and yes you can die from rabies. i hope that kid was treated.

I don't see that as bad parenting... kid picks up a squirrel, gets what's coming to him. he'll be alright, he'll learn and he'll have a good anecdote.

And not all creatures in the animal kingdom have fucking rabies. Sure, get him tested. But it's not like 'you were bitten by a squirrell?!?!? OMGFMGOFMOGFG LET'S QUARANTINE THE STATE.'

creep
Site Admin

#24 Post by creep » Sat May 26, 2012 2:46 pm

Larry B. wrote:
creep wrote:on the subject of bad parenting....or more like dumb parenting. someone posted this on facebook. tell your stupid kid to put the thing down and yes you can die from rabies. i hope that kid was treated.

I don't see that as bad parenting... kid picks up a squirrel, gets what's coming to him. he'll be alright, he'll learn and he'll have a good anecdote.

And not all creatures in the animal kingdom have fucking rabies. Sure, get him tested. But it's not like 'you were bitten by a squirrell?!?!? OMGFMGOFMOGFG LET'S QUARANTINE THE STATE.'
if you are bit by an animal you have to have the animal to test for rabies. if you do not have the animal you need to go through a series of five painful rabies shots. if you do not get the shots and the animal is rabid you will die. you would make a horrible parent too.

instead of filming your kid with the squirrel how about being a responsible parent and telling your kid to put the squirrel down. :noclue:

Romeo

#25 Post by Romeo » Sat May 26, 2012 4:27 pm

LJF wrote:
Romeo wrote:it was the prosecutor not the judge who made the decision, and apparently NJ prosecutor's are retards.

So proud of my state.
well it was Camden.
I think most people in NJ pretend Camden isn't even part of the state :wink: