What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Hype

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4651 Post by Hype » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:35 am

On what intertwoven said: I'm a Canadian Green voter usually, but I only vote that way because I live in a place that is staunchly conservative and has no hope of changing any time soon. I'd never do that if I could vote directly for the leader of the free world. But it's simply not true that Green voters (or third party voters in general) are the reason why Clinton didn't win. Trump picked up so much more of the white (especially male) vote that it's wildly implausible to blame Jill Stein voters. Blame former Obama voters who are misinformed, confused, uninformed, or, probably (a good number of them are) subtly misogynist.

Clinton was a terrible choice for the Democratic party, but not because she would be a terrible president. She would have been a perfectly fine president by any measure. She was a terrible choice because we already knew that a lot of Americans didn't like her by default.

crater

#4652 Post by crater » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:22 am

Larry B. wrote: But there is not a doubt in this world that Hillary was the worst choice.
Oh, yeah ... Hillary was worse :flip:

http://gizmodo.com/10-headlines-from-th ... 1788935071

wally

#4653 Post by wally » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:28 pm

got a flat tire on my motorcycle on the way to work. then burned the shit out of three fingers when I touched the hot exhaust while looking at the tire.
fuck you monday.

mockbee

#4654 Post by mockbee » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:22 pm

wally wrote:got a flat tire on my motorcycle on the way to work. then burned the shit out of three fingers when I touched the hot exhaust while looking at the tire.
fuck you monday.
That sucks. Was it front or back tire? Slow leak or did you have a blowout? I'm always afraid of a blow out on the front.

I haven't ridden in a while. Rain and motos don't mix.

:wave:

wally

#4655 Post by wally » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:11 pm

Back tire, slow-ish leak, (I'm on spoked/tubed tires). no foreign objects in the tire, may have punctured the tube and came out of the tire or maybe the tube just decided to give up. I was close to work on the freeway when I started feeling speed wobbles at about 80mph, slowed down and limped to work, had to make a turn to get to the office and then I realized for sure that I had a flat (only my second motorcycle flat ever). Could have been worse, i didn't get stranded, and i was able to pump it up and get to a shop to get it fixed on my lunch. The burn sucks though.

I run a motorcycle training school, I tell ALL my students to take a dirt riding course so they get a feel for what it's like when you have less than optimal traction (ie when it rains). Because I want them to be motorcycle riders, not just motorcycle owners. :wink:

Larry B.

#4656 Post by Larry B. » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:21 pm

crater wrote:
Larry B. wrote: But there is not a doubt in this world that Hillary was the worst choice.
Oh, yeah ... Hillary was worse :flip:

http://gizmodo.com/10-headlines-from-th ... 1788935071
She was. If you don't know it now (maybe you should read up on all the Wikileak stories - seriously), you'll know it in 40 years or your next generation will know about it. But she was worse.

SR

#4657 Post by SR » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:50 pm

wally wrote:Back tire, slow-ish leak, (I'm on spoked/tubed tires). no foreign objects in the tire, may have punctured the tube and came out of the tire or maybe the tube just decided to give up. I was close to work on the freeway when I started feeling speed wobbles at about 80mph, slowed down and limped to work, had to make a turn to get to the office and then I realized for sure that I had a flat (only my second motorcycle flat ever). Could have been worse, i didn't get stranded, and i was able to pump it up and get to a shop to get it fixed on my lunch. The burn sucks though.

I run a motorcycle training school, I tell ALL my students to take a dirt riding course so they get a feel for what it's like when you have less than optimal traction (ie when it rains). Because I want them to be motorcycle riders, not just motorcycle owners. :wink:
Exact same thing happened to me on the 10 just before the 405 junction here in LA. The best way I could describe it was I felt like I was surfing back and forth on a very large wave.....unstable and scary, but soft...not violent. What "burn" are you talking about?

wally

#4658 Post by wally » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:18 am

SR wrote:What "burn" are you talking about?
the one i got on three of my fingers from touching the exhaust when i was looking for whatever caused my flat.

SR

#4659 Post by SR » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:39 am

o

intertwoven

#4660 Post by intertwoven » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:46 pm

Heartbroken that what.cd died. That was my #1 source for new music (it rose from the ashes of Oink, is my understanding). Fuck. Anyone know any other good private trackers for music (and/or tv shows, for that matter) they could PM me an invite for? I'm a good dude and will seed shit and make you look good. Thanks.

Artemis

#4661 Post by Artemis » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:03 pm

Ate and drank way too much today. #stretchypants

My friend hosted her annual Santa Claus Parade viewing party. Her living room faces the main street of the parade route, so primo location.

Larry B.

#4662 Post by Larry B. » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:17 am

Saw a play by my favourite theater group and it wasn't good. They had been absolutely flawless for about 10 plays, but this one was weak. I guess it had to happen at some point, that they did something I didn't like.

Squee

#4663 Post by Squee » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:46 pm

*warning vent ahead*
Stupid maintenance guy turned off the drip system for the last two years once the property changed hands- (old landlord would have never dine this)
I told him- "SACRIFICE THE GRASS due to the drought,YES- BUT DRIP THOSE TREES AT LEAST TWICE A WEEK"
He says "What trees?" :no:
"Um those big 30 year old trees in front of you!" :banghead:
Now today the trees in the front of the property that provided privacy are being butchered to death by a tree service as they have been damaged by the drought and a large branch feel into the street several weeks ago.

Chain saws and wood chipper noise since 8am this morning and they STILL aren't done- I am afraid to look!
Bye bye beautiful trees.
I wish the branch would have landed on the fuckin idiot maintenance guy.
The tree service will cost more than the water to drip them twice a week for the past two years.

At least I save the trees in the back- my hose could reach them- and I saved grey water from showers and dishes and hauled it out in buckets to keep them alive and happy.
But I am sooooooo angry today at the stupid, stupid tree killer!

nausearockpig

#4664 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:17 pm

People using leaf blowers.

Doctors who don't know shit... Useless.

Clearly these things are not related....

chaos

#4665 Post by chaos » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:59 am

Wind chimes annoy me. Not today though, just in general. :lol:

chaos

#4666 Post by chaos » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:23 am

I've been sick the last few days. Cough medicine didn't work last night. :nyrexall:

Too tired to cough today. :lol:

Artemis

#4667 Post by Artemis » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:06 am

I hope you feel better soo, chaos!
Seems like everybody is sick right now. A few of my friends have a nasty cough right now too. Thus far, I've managed not to get it.

Larry B.

#4668 Post by Larry B. » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:48 pm

My wife woke up last Saturday with a strange numbness on the left part of her face, kind of just below her ear. The following day, that side was normal but now the right side was a bit numb. Yesterday, the right side of her face was a bit less numb, and we went to see a neurologist; she suggested some tests, the first of which (an MRI) we went to have done today. The results were supposed to be ready in 48 hours.

Right after finishing the MRI, the nurse told her "please wait on the waiting room, your results will be ready in 5 minutes. Your doctor will call you in 10."

She had a fucking brain hemorrhage.

She's spending the night at the clinic right now. She's feeling alright, and in this particular case it's not as serious and horrible as it sounds, but still... it's a fucking brain hemorrhage. So loads of tests to be done, and probably quite a few things to change in terms of lifestyle. Not that she's doing heavy drugs or anything, but in terms of controlling her blood pressure and stuff like that. We live quite a healthy life, so it's not about our excesses or anything. It may be hereditary (her mom had an aneurysm) and contraceptives may also play a part in this.

The good thing is that she quickly got over the shock and fear of being told "you need to be hospitalised NOW" and she's in a good mood. Just got to do what she has to do.

She's stable, her vitals are good, she doesn't have any severe signs of a stroke or anything. From the outside, she's perfectly fine. We'll see how this goes.

nausearockpig

#4669 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:56 pm

Jesus christ Larry... I hope your wife, and you are OK. Health shit is the toughest to deal with. I'm sending you e-hugs....

chaos

#4670 Post by chaos » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:49 pm

@Larry Keep us posted. Sending positive thoughts. :gh:

Matz

#4671 Post by Matz » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:09 am

sorry to hear that Larry, I hope everything's back to normal soon

Artemis

#4672 Post by Artemis » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:19 am

I'm surprised by this news about your wife,Larry. I'm glad to hear that she is being taken care of by the doctors and that her situation did not cause a stroke. All my best for a good recovery. :wave:

SR

#4673 Post by SR » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:41 am

Fuck that. I join the rest in sending good thoughts. And I won't bombard you with tons of q's. You're a bright guy, so I know you are doing ample research (and cross referencing info), actively remembering even the slightest sign historically, etc.

I will offer this....be active in the care given; listen carefully, and don't hesitate to ask q's. Too, the nursing staff is integral to care; I have always seen more attentive care when they are given mad respect.....I have gone as far as to bring in some See's candy or something as a quiet thanks for their work.

Not trying to be intrusive.....really just trying to help.

Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!!!! (enter Dave's solo!) :rockon:

Pandemonium

#4674 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:14 am

Yeah, add my thoughts for a swift, easy and permanent recovery for your wife, Larry.

Bandit72

#4675 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:08 am

Hope she fully recovers soon mate. Sending best wishes.