lots of holes
4%

Total votes: 52

Tyler Durden

Re: ink or holes

#26 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:46 am

Essence_Smith wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:I was actually quite taken aback by the other thread where people weren't tactful enough to just say they didn't like tats on women, but went the step further of putting character judgements on it...if you don't tats and piercings on men or women that's fine, but going on to make generalizations about people's character, etc based on someone have em, or NOT having em is silly imo...
If you are saying that if you saw this girl walking down the street, you wouldn't prejudge her character or form a generalization about her in your internal dialogue, you are full of shit.

For better or worse, we all make judgments and generalizations every day, whether we are cognizant of it or not.
Of course its human nature to have it in your head...its a whole other matter to alter the way you would treat someone based on how they look or make an assumption about em...I give everyone respect until they give me a reason not to.

Case in point the other day I saw a woman who appeared to be a dope fiend approaching people asking for directions, and most people saw her and basically ran from her or ignored her...I stopped and asked her if she was ok and it turns out she was a schizophrenic who hadn't taken her meds in days and routinely gets lost when she doesn't...while I can't disagree with what you're saying to some extent, call me full of shit because first and foremost everyone is a human being in my eyes and that counts for more to me than anything...looks don't really tend to alter how I'll treat someone generally...
I hear you. I'm actually with you, given the way you've expounded upon it.

blackcoffee

#27 Post by blackcoffee » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:50 am

kv wrote:as for me always wanted tats but remember mike ness saying that if he knew every mall kid would be tatted he would have never got any...made me question that so while i have spent a few dunk night in tat parlours i have never given in ( as you may have guess i am pretty strong willed) as for holes...my dad always told me i could cut my hair anyway i wanted and pierce whatever i wanted as long as i knew i'd be shaved bald and have a bloody ear after i walked through the door :lol:

as for others with tats they don't bother me...except kids with neck tats but i get it...a tat doesn't mean shit anymore like it used to i know cops with sleeves so the neck is the next level of i don't care about your rules...but be smart with it you never know when you may need a job that the tats will cost you...had a friend who was in a punk band and he was smart nothing that couldn't be covered with a short sleeve business shirt...even the rings of skulls around his wrist was covered by his wide band business watch
Yeah. Mike Ness has bee singing that tune for a long time. And as cool as Mike Ness is he was just a stupid teen age boy who was going for a look and an attitude like anyone else. I will give him credit for no longer wearing eyeliner because he doesn't want to get lumped in with the likes of Green Day. Mike is very image conscious. Not a bad thing.

ant

#28 Post by ant » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Two tats. One on my right wrist which I would actually like to expand on to make it look better and one on my left inside forearm. Both are tribal designs and I'm still happy with them. Only piercings I ever had were my ears. Used to have 4 or 5 in each ear including one up near the top in the cartilage that always fucking hurt like hell. Only the original in each ear are still open but I haven't worn earrings consistently in years. I sometimes just put one in to see if the hole is still open.

I dig tats on chicks as long as they are not cliche. No tramp stamps, rose on the ankle or black tiger ripping the flesh on the shoulder blade. My wife has none but she's been talking about getting something small lately and I totally support it. I'd like to get more tattoos but every time I have the money for some really nice work I decide to spend it on something else so I guess I don't another that bad. :lol:

perkana

#29 Post by perkana » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:52 pm

Mescal wrote:
perkana wrote:just have my ears pierced, no ink...Though I've always thought about getting a small one right above my ass that no one could see. But thanks to Mescal, I'm going to be inkless
Maybe when you're a little bit older ..... :wink:
:lol: I don't think so, going to be 40 in 4 years :sad:

perkana

#30 Post by perkana » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:56 pm

Mescal wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
MYXYLPLYX wrote:Hmmm... at first when you said holes I thought of gauge.

No disrespect to anyone here who might be in to that, but I find it really fucking stupid and unattractive. :confused:
Can't stand those. Disgusting.

I know some younger people (early 20s) who have them, and they are always the ones joining those "tattoo and piercing acceptance in the workplace" groups. Which i find odd. They want to look like that and expect ALL OF SOCIETY to change, rather than just THEM, ONE PERSON, accepting personal responsibility for the fact that people with butthole ears aren't getting a 2nd interview.

Idiots.
Yeah, I don't get this either???

Why ruin your ears like that. I mean, a tattoo can mean something and can be beautiful, some piercings can be too, ..... but to put such a thing through your ear, even knowing, that it'll never grow close again .... yeah well, to each his/her body
I'm ok with people who get them because it's a traditional thing in their culture, I don't get it why some kid who lives in the suburbs gets one :noclue:
I wouldn't date someone with piercings in their face, I've seen girls talking to their bfs and I still don't know how the hell they understand what they're saying
About tattoos, I still don't understand why some kids in Mexico get swastikas...seriously :crazy:

guysmiley

#31 Post by guysmiley » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:58 pm

Damn thats Fucked up. On the other hand, I never understood why those neo-nazis wanted to cover there skin with black ink when they go on and on about "white power" :no:

JOEinPHX

#32 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:31 am

guysmiley wrote:Damn thats Fucked up. On the other hand, I never understood why those neo-nazis wanted to cover there skin with black ink when they go on and on about "white power" :no:
For the same reason that brown eyed brunettes go around spreading the info that blonde blue eyed people are the master race, and include themselves in the group.

Ummm, duh?

Logic has never been the strong trait of racists. Usually it's just an emotional response to mommy and daddy not buying them a BWM because the greek guy (who they refer to as a sand nigger) at work got the promotion instead.

Juana

#33 Post by Juana » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:31 am

I have my right arm sleeved for the most part I have one or two more sessions I need to do once my artist gets back out here in Dec, my left arm has various tattoos but I like them I have 8 of them but can't get it fully sleeved because of the scar from shattering the inside of my left elbow and my artist won't tattoo over that. I have a big Samoan line design on my back that goes from shoulder blade to shoulder blade and takes up about 1/3 rd of my back. I also have a tattoo that started on Okinawa that I need to some time get back out there and finish on my right lower leg.

Had my right nipple pierced but took it out when I started getting heavy into scuba.

But being that I'm a consultant and work at home and own a bar I don't really need to cover anything up, but should I have to go to any meetings or do anything in regards to TABC or anything everything can be covered up with a long sleeve business shirt as the arm tattoos stop at the wrists.

Artemis

#34 Post by Artemis » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:25 pm

Phuket, Thailand: A devotee of the Chinese Bang Neow Shrine with a bicycle shock absorber piercing his cheek. During the annual Vegetarian festival religious devotees slash themselves with swords, pierce their cheeks with sharp objects and commit other painful acts to purify themselves, taking on the sins of the community.
i think if this guy ate a little meat once in awhile he wouldn't behave this way. :crazy:

Juana

#35 Post by Juana » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:24 am

Having been to Phuket, Patteya, Udornthani and Bangkok I will say some of the wildest tattoos and body mods were done in these places and like that article says most of it was done for "purification thru pain". Its a very interesting area and the fact that the norm there is pretty ridiculous the counter culture is even more crazy. But they have some damn good metal bands there surprisingly. Though the last time I was there in 2008 they were still playing Rap-metal in the clubs.

Mescal

#36 Post by Mescal » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:44 am

perkana wrote:
Mescal wrote:
perkana wrote:just have my ears pierced, no ink...Though I've always thought about getting a small one right above my ass that no one could see. But thanks to Mescal, I'm going to be inkless
Maybe when you're a little bit older ..... :wink:
:lol: I don't think so, going to be 40 in 4 years :sad:
I'd still hit it, even if you don't have one