St Louis?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
SR

Re: St Louis?

#26 Post by SR » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:42 am

It's great to fly over. :noclue: J/k Hoka. It is one of those places I have absolutely no aversion to, but no inclination to visit as a tourist. I do have a healthy respect for the Cards though.

Pandemonium

#27 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:08 am

sinep wrote:
that's cool.

how much work does she do for westfield? i've been getting a shit ton of work from them recently.
She handles the entire Southern CA region for Westfield. She's happy with her job but through national networking, someone from another major company aggressively contacted and paid for her to fly out there and hear their offer and she saw it mainly as a opportunity to pick brains and see what the competition is doing and maybe offering.

What kind of work do you get and do for places like Westfield?

LJF

#28 Post by LJF » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:25 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
sinep wrote:
that's cool.

how much work does she do for westfield? i've been getting a shit ton of work from them recently.
She handles the entire Southern CA region for Westfield. She's happy with her job but through national networking, someone from another major company aggressively contacted and paid for her to fly out there and hear their offer and she saw it mainly as a opportunity to pick brains and see what the competition is doing and maybe offering.

he reports on those that are looking for new jobs.

Pandemonium

#29 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:50 pm

LJF wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
sinep wrote:
he reports on those that are looking for new jobs.
Heh, that thought occurred to me after I posted.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#30 Post by Hokahey » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:47 pm

Romeo wrote:Pro's: AWESOME BBQ

Con's: Tornadoes

Plus St. Louis being on the boarder of MO & KS means you don't necessarily have to live in MO and work in St Louis. I have a tech that lives there & he's able to handle the MO & KS as his territory.
I think that you're thinking of Kansas City.

Pure Method

#31 Post by Pure Method » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:33 pm

St. Louis is a really cool city that has really come along in the past 10-20 years. I visited probably 10 times in the last 5-7 years and loved it. The weather is temperate, not too cold, and if anything, a little too hot in the summers. I would be happy to live there. Sarasota is probably a hell hole of terrible planning, TRAFFIC, old people, and all other terrible florida things. :wave:

sinep

#32 Post by sinep » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:21 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
sinep wrote:
that's cool.

demolition. everything from crews stripping terrazzo in the middle of the night so that other contractors can install new flooring that same night, to tearing down 8 story buildings.

http://la.streetsblog.org/2008/09/08/we ... ment-plan/

topanga and century city are two that come to mind.

Pandemonium

#33 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:01 pm

sinep wrote:
Pandemonium wrote: What kind of work do you get and do for places like Westfield?
demolition. everything from crews stripping terrazzo in the middle of the night so that other contractors can install new flooring that same night, to tearing down 8 story buildings.

Cool. From what my wife said, they're more than a year off before she'd even possibly be involved in attracting tenants to the Topanga site.

sinep

#34 Post by sinep » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:05 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
sinep wrote:
Pandemonium wrote: What kind of work do you get and do for places like Westfield?

Cool. From what my wife said, they're more than a year off before she'd even possibly be involved in attracting tenants to the Topanga site.
yeah, it's good work.

it's not my project, but i know we still have a superintendent still at the site, so i assume we're still tearing shit down out there. i think we had some problems with hazardous materials that weren't on the initial survey and that's why it's taking so long.