What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
thoreau

Re: What's annoying you today?

#2401 Post by thoreau » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:56 pm

creep wrote:this fucking jingle has been stuck in my head all day. fffffffiiiiiissssssshhhhhhyyyyyy ffffffiiiiiisssssshhhhhhyyyyy

Hahaha, that's pretty damn annoying. My brother bought me the singing filet o' fish a couple of years ago as a gag. I'm waiting to re-gift the damn thing back to him. :hehe:

thoreau

#2402 Post by thoreau » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:26 pm

kv wrote:have a friend who is dealing with the passing of his mom, dad and grandmother in a relatively small window. he is war vet who has pstd ...didn't come home the same guy ( who does?)

so on 3/3/13 at 3:33 he parked in the local court parking lot and shot himself :no: super cool guy too
Incredibly sad. Very sorry to hear about that, kv.

kv

#2403 Post by kv » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:03 pm

i posted that late at night when it was on my mind...but no "sorrys" for me pls i shouldn't have posted it who wants to read that?

krakle

#2404 Post by krakle » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:47 pm

kv wrote:i posted that late at night when it was on my mind...but no "sorrys" for me pls i shouldn't have posted it who wants to read that?
I do feel some kind of sorry, for you, your friend and people close to him. there seems to be an awful lot of misery this year. it's all relative and it's just history repeating itself... but this year (already) is definitely not the best (as far as I can tell). I''m completely fine, but man, do I get to hear some stories of sheer misery lately... it's sad. :sad:

Artemis

#2405 Post by Artemis » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:12 pm

i'm sorry my ANR friends are dealing with so much loss and illness. :sad: :gh: :heart:

thoreau

#2406 Post by thoreau » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:24 am

kv wrote:i posted that late at night when it was on my mind...but no "sorrys" for me pls i shouldn't have posted it who wants to read that?
Why shouldn't you have posted it? It was obviously at the forefront of your mind, and sometimes it's good, no matter how the delivery method, to get it out.

In a weird, twisted fashion, sometimes it's good for other people who are grieving to see that others are as well. Helps to make them not feel as lonely.

thoreau

#2407 Post by thoreau » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:25 am

Artemis wrote:i'm sorry my ANR friends are dealing with so much loss and illness. :sad: :gh: :heart:
Many thanks, miss.

Romeo

#2408 Post by Romeo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:56 am

thoreau wrote:My step father-in-law is, as hospice describes it, in "transition".

After a three-year fight with prostate and bone cancer, he decided last week that he didn't wish to be confined to a bed anymore as the chemo had taken a hard physical toll on him.

It's been a rough year with this disease (my mom is battling stage 4 breast and bone cancer as well), but the last couple of weeks have been really hard. There's the part of me that wants him to hang on, but then there's the other half that wishes him to be at peace.
:sad: So sorry to hear that.

My friends Dad was supposed to start Hospice care on Tuesday Morning (Dialysis said they could no longer do dialysis because it was no longer working), they went to sign the papers for Hospice....they went home & he died. Like he was saying "I ain't got time for Hospice...."

Now we are in the middle of getting a Nor'Easter & I have to drive to Jersey for the funeral :conf:

creep
Site Admin

#2409 Post by creep » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:47 pm

three days of scraping acoustic (popcorn) ceilings. i am completely covered in white shit and super tired. after i'm done they will probably come back in style and everyone will want them.

Pandemonium

#2410 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:41 pm

creep wrote:three days of scraping acoustic (popcorn) ceilings. i am completely covered in white shit and super tired. after i'm done they will probably come back in style and everyone will want them.
Don't you have to have some sort of EPA cert and standards to do and dispose of it? I think at least here in California, it's considered hazardous waste like old asbestos insulation in the walls or ceiling? I've thought about having it removed my my ceilings as if seems to generate a lot of light dust and the quotes I got a few years back were astronomical. No fuckin' way do I want to deal with it.... so I just dust more often.

creep
Site Admin

#2411 Post by creep » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:48 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
creep wrote:three days of scraping acoustic (popcorn) ceilings. i am completely covered in white shit and super tired. after i'm done they will probably come back in style and everyone will want them.
Don't you have to have some sort of EPA cert and standards to do and dispose of it? I think at least here in California, it's considered hazardous waste like old asbestos insulation in the walls or ceiling? I've thought about having it removed my my ceilings as if seems to generate a lot of light dust and the quotes I got a few years back were astronomical. No fuckin' way do I want to deal with it.... so I just dust more often.
the house was built in 1988 so its asbestos free. anything pre 1980 might have asbestos. you can get it tested pretty cheap. if you do have it it would cost a fortune to remove it. if i was to pay to have it done it would have cost me $2200. by doing it myself it is costing me about $200. i am also replacing all the flooring and painting everything so i don't give a shit if i make a mess.

sinep

#2412 Post by sinep » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:18 am

Pandemonium wrote:
do an asbestos test yourself and then get quotes based on your documented findings. if it is asbestos then it's super expensive because the contractor has to have third party air testing and all this bullshit. if it's not asbestos then it shouldn't be that expensive. any old handy man should be able to do it.

just take a little baggy of it here:
http://www.forensica.com/ they have an office in compton, right off the freeway.

if you pick like the 5 day turn around time (or whatever the slowest one is) it's like 20-30 bucks maybe?

thoreau

#2413 Post by thoreau » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:56 am

Romeo wrote:
thoreau wrote:My step father-in-law is, as hospice describes it, in "transition".

After a three-year fight with prostate and bone cancer, he decided last week that he didn't wish to be confined to a bed anymore as the chemo had taken a hard physical toll on him.

It's been a rough year with this disease (my mom is battling stage 4 breast and bone cancer as well), but the last couple of weeks have been really hard. There's the part of me that wants him to hang on, but then there's the other half that wishes him to be at peace.
:sad: So sorry to hear that.

My friends Dad was supposed to start Hospice care on Tuesday Morning (Dialysis said they could no longer do dialysis because it was no longer working), they went to sign the papers for Hospice....they went home & he died. Like he was saying "I ain't got time for Hospice...."

Now we are in the middle of getting a Nor'Easter & I have to drive to Jersey for the funeral :conf:
I think that's the way I'd want to go out, rather than laying in pain for months.

Condolences to you and your friend.

Romeo

#2414 Post by Romeo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:08 am

the poor guy really had no life for about the last three years since going into the Veterans Home. It was surprisingly a nice home with a caring staff and they were allowed take him out for the day. Then a year & a half ago he had to have one leg amputated and they tried taking him out for the day but being 85 with one leg....it didn't work too well. So they no longer could take him out.
So his existence was miserable.

At least the home was good about her bringing his mean fat cat in to visit. So at least he got to see his cat before he died.

Romeo

#2415 Post by Romeo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:09 am

popcorn paint SUCKS! And people usually use it to hide a not so perfect ceiling

nausearockpig

#2416 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:18 pm

I'm just physically exhausted from the week. It's Friday morning here and getting through today will def be a struggle... I look forward to tomorrow's sleep in...

Artemis

#2417 Post by Artemis » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:55 pm

All the washers in the laundry room are in use. I've been down twice already and now there are a few baskets queued up. :mad:

I've lived in my building for over 10 years and this has never happened to me before!

nausearockpig

#2418 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Artemis wrote:All the washers in the laundry room are in use. I've been down twice already and now there are a few baskets queued up. :mad:

I've lived in my building for over 10 years and this has never happened to me before!
I'd find the idea of a communal laundry room to be very strange indeed...

Artemis

#2419 Post by Artemis » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:26 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
Artemis wrote:All the washers in the laundry room are in use. I've been down twice already and now there are a few baskets queued up. :mad:

I'm okay with it. I only have to go downstairs so it's not big deal.

The laundry room has only 3 washers and dryers. There are also drying cupboards to air dry clothes instead of the machine.

Many people have washers and dryers in their suites, but mine is one without.

nausearockpig

#2420 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:42 pm

Artemis wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:

The laundry room has only 3 washers and dryers. There are also drying cupboards to air dry clothes instead of the machine.

I guess you could have strange conversations in there like they portray in The Big Bang Theory (or used to at least)...

Artemis

#2421 Post by Artemis » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:49 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
Artemis wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:

I guess you could have strange conversations in there like they portray in The Big Bang Theory (or used to at least)...
I don't usually run into anybody there. I go down put my clothes in the washers, coem back up, then go back down to put in the dryer or hang up, and come back up again. So, no scintillating conversations in my laundry room. Once in awhile a stray sock is pinned to the bulletin board. :lol:

Warped

#2422 Post by Warped » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:55 pm

Yes, that sounds familiar (the stray sock) :lol:

Anyway, last time i was in the laundry room i was told by a neighbour that my other neighbour had died :sad:

Warped

#2423 Post by Warped » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:57 pm

So i drank half a bottle of Prosecco yesterday (during the amazing FCB-Milan game) and now i have the most terrible headache. It's happening every time i drink anything wine or wine-like for the last months. This is so annoying. I never had that some years ago. Is this a age thing or what? Guess i have to stay with good old german beer.

creep
Site Admin

#2424 Post by creep » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:51 am

Warped wrote:So i drank half a bottle of Prosecco yesterday (during the amazing FCB-Milan game) and now i have the most terrible headache. It's happening every time i drink anything wine or wine-like for the last months. This is so annoying. I never had that some years ago. Is this a age thing or what? Guess i have to stay with good old german beer.
i get a hangover anytime i have more than three or four drinks. it's really annoying. i think it's age and because i don't drink as much as i did.

perkana

#2425 Post by perkana » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:31 pm

Maybe is dehydration? I drink some mineral water after drinking/before going to bed and feel fine the next day