Secret Santa?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
clickie

Re: Secret Santa?

#151 Post by clickie » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:46 pm

Hopefully that was the silly novelty gift before they sent the real gift.

Larry B.

#152 Post by Larry B. » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:44 pm

thoreau wrote:
creep wrote::lol: is there any doubt those gifts are from larry?
Haha, no, I didn't really have to guess at all. The book is hilarious.

My current favorite poo category is the Deja' Poo, which is a "bowel movement that has remarkably familiar portions of a recent meal embedded into it." Also known as the "Corn-Backed Rattler". :lolol:
:lol: :lol:

Very glad you saw some fun in them :wave:

Props to your secret Santa. Seems pretty reliable and hot.

:bday: :bday:

perkana

#153 Post by perkana » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:14 am

Finally tracked today my package, supposedly it was sent to its destination on Friday...It usually takes 3-4 days more to finally reach the recipient :wiggle:

SR

#154 Post by SR » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:40 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:
SR wrote:Well, I tried on mine and fg killed it for me.....perfect and very thoughtful. :nod: I did feel a tinge of guilt with here though as she is a student.
my pleasure, most of my money goes to alcohol so it was nice to put it to good use :lol:

i still have not received mine, i may have to open it when i come back from argentina in late january.
feminists rock :banana:

farrellgirl99

#155 Post by farrellgirl99 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:27 am

SR wrote:
farrellgirl99 wrote:
SR wrote:Well, I tried on mine and fg killed it for me.....perfect and very thoughtful. :nod: I did feel a tinge of guilt with here though as she is a student.
my pleasure, most of my money goes to alcohol so it was nice to put it to good use :lol:

i still have not received mine, i may have to open it when i come back from argentina in late january.
feminists rock :banana:
:thumb: :love:

Mescal

#156 Post by Mescal » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:38 am

Ok, I just sent my package out today (which cost me an arm and a leg)

I realise it's a little late, sorry for that.

Recipient should receive it in a week!

So a belated Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all!

Artemis

#157 Post by Artemis » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Larry B, you should be getting your package any day now. I hope the postal donkeys didn't steal it.

I didn't pay the extra $40 for express post and registered delivery. I just sent regular post.

clickie

#158 Post by clickie » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Do you mind chilling with the donkey jokes?

Artemis

#159 Post by Artemis » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:34 pm

:lol:

How insensitive of me. I will be more careful in the future.

Hype

#160 Post by Hype » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:50 pm

Artemis wrote::lol:

How insensitive of me. I will be more careful in the future.
Yeah! They might've used alpacas instead of donkeys to get the package over the Andes... :neutral: :drink:

Larry B.

#161 Post by Larry B. » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:55 pm

Thank you, Artemis! I've been checking regularly, but donkeys, alpacas and other assorted mammals seem to be still hungover...

krakle

#162 Post by krakle » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:41 am

Mescal wrote:I saw another copy at a fair (Utrech record fair, biggest in the world) a month ago at a whopping 450 €, and I was thinking I should ask Santa for this record.
Oh shit, you were there too! Next we should go for a drink! I left that place with a sports bag full of vinyl.

krakle

#163 Post by krakle » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:03 am

krakle wrote:
Mescal wrote:I saw another copy at a fair (Utrech record fair, biggest in the world) a month ago at a whopping 450 €, and I was thinking I should ask Santa for this record.
Oh shit, you were there too! Next we should go for a drink! I left that place with a sports bag full of vinyl.
next time, that is.

Mescal

#164 Post by Mescal » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:48 am

krakle wrote:
krakle wrote:
next time, that is.
Yep, I go there more or less every time :cool:

I make it a weekend with the lady. So, yup, definitely up for a few beers next time! :thumb:

This time I only bought something like 10 records, but I probably spent more than you :conf:

krakle

#165 Post by krakle » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:20 am

Mescal wrote:
krakle wrote:
krakle wrote:
next time, that is.
Yep, I go there more or less every time :cool:

I make it a weekend with the lady. So, yup, definitely up for a few beers next time! :thumb:

This time I only bought something like 10 records, but I probably spent more than you :conf:
That's very good possible. I didn't spend much this time, just a few hundred :balls:
I most often go to the november edition, as some friends in Utrecht usually celebrate their birthday in the same weekend. But I've to the april edition once too. Let me know if you're going there this april, we can meet up somewhere. "Cafe België" is always worth visiting :wiggle:

Mescal

#166 Post by Mescal » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:55 am

Never actually been to that Café België! We mostly go to a bar not far from the winkel van sinkel. A little bit more to the left, next to that little bridge.

Last year I went with a mate and we ended up with some lesbians in a bar called the "Kitty Club". Don't know if it was the name of the bar or the name of the lesbian party. Great night, lesbians can be fun and they explained us how to make a woman squirt. Gotta love the Dutch "frankness" :lol:

There's a 90 % chance we will be going in april too (unless I really have something else to do).

I bought a mono original of Piper at the Gates of Dawn and an original Placebo (Marc Moulin, not Molko), so only these two ....

And some other really, really good ones (Leaf Hound, Master's Apprentices, Doctor Downtrip, ....) So a very good year, but a very expensive one. Utrecht is really something special, getting to see all the most rare records in the world ... Some prices are really :crazy: too. The most expensive record I saw was 4.000 €

Hype

#167 Post by Hype » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:00 pm

Last year I went with a mate and we ended up with some lesbians in a bar called the "Kitty Club". Don't know if it was the name of the bar or the name of the lesbian party. Great night, lesbians can be fun and they explained us how to make a woman squirt. Gotta love the Dutch "frankness"
In Germany I ended up at a bar with four dutch lesbians who were fun too. Maybe it was the same ones :O

SR

#168 Post by SR » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:08 pm

Squirting in the ss thread? Larry needs to start a bday thread for the fairer sex here, and buy some plane tix. Where are the thread/theme police when you need them? :lol:

krakle

#169 Post by krakle » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:12 am

Mescal wrote:Never actually been to that Café België! We mostly go to a bar not far from the winkel van sinkel. A little bit more to the left, next to that little bridge.

Last year I went with a mate and we ended up with some lesbians in a bar called the "Kitty Club". Don't know if it was the name of the bar or the name of the lesbian party. Great night, lesbians can be fun and they explained us how to make a woman squirt. Gotta love the Dutch "frankness" :lol:

There's a 90 % chance we will be going in april too (unless I really have something else to do).

I bought a mono original of Piper at the Gates of Dawn and an original Placebo (Marc Moulin, not Molko), so only these two ....

And some other really, really good ones (Leaf Hound, Master's Apprentices, Doctor Downtrip, ....) So a very good year, but a very expensive one. Utrecht is really something special, getting to see all the most rare records in the world ... Some prices are really :crazy: too. The most expensive record I saw was 4.000 €
Saw a record that was tagged € 14.000 :crazy: .... something completely unknown to me as well... It's a massive rare record orgy. I've never paid more than 50 for a record. Do you go there on fridays? The entrance fee is something like 60 or 65 euros, but it's not as crowded and the best records are gone by the end of the day. So if you're a serious collector it's worth the money. I've never been there on a friday though, I usually make sure I'm there early saturday morning. When the afternoon crowd arrives I'm pretty much done with the stands that have my biggest interest. Then I go straying, or try & find records from lists my friends give to me. I usually end up buying from Belgian sellers too, but don't know any names.

Warped

#170 Post by Warped » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:53 am

I love this. Just seeing the gifts made me smile. I am getting all sentimental about it. :wink: :nod: :thumb:
@Mescal: love your JA collection, it looks awesome!

We definitely have to do that again - maybe for the release of the new Jane's album... :banana: :lol:

Mescal

#171 Post by Mescal » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:36 pm

krakle wrote: Saw a record that was tagged € 14.000 :crazy: .... something completely unknown to me as well... It's a massive rare record orgy. I've never paid more than 50 for a record. Do you go there on fridays? The entrance fee is something like 60 or 65 euros, but it's not as crowded and the best records are gone by the end of the day. So if you're a serious collector it's worth the money. I've never been there on a friday though, I usually make sure I'm there early saturday morning. When the afternoon crowd arrives I'm pretty much done with the stands that have my biggest interest. Then I go straying, or try & find records from lists my friends give to me. I usually end up buying from Belgian sellers too, but don't know any names.
14.000 €???? Wouldn't really know a record that's worth that much. I saw 25.000 € for a butcher cover Beatles album a few years ago (only known copy to exist it said, next to the price tag).

Yeah, I know most deals happen on friday, but I'm a working man ... And there's just so much, there's always interesting records to be found. I found an Infectious Grooves album I've been after for a few years on sunday evening, at a very decent price ... So, not everyone is looking for the same records :) And you can seriously haggle on sunday

I often buy from Dutch dealers :lol: (Lex - vinylspot - Rotterdam - Best shop in the world!)

Larry B.

#172 Post by Larry B. » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:18 pm

I'm a bit in love with you, Artemis.

Today, I saw a very attractive package. It was big, fat and seemed to be about to burst. It was waiting for me. And it wasn't just any package. It was a Canadian package.

After deciding to ignore the price of the postage, I just grabbed it firmly, shook it just a bit (it looked like it needed some kind of relief) and then opened it.

I was really stoked! Finally a bag I can use without feeling like a complete douchebag. But there seemed to be more...

That's when I sort of fell in love...

There were drumstick pencils, for fucks sake...

A novel that seems really rich!

A hand-written, lovely Christmas card filled with the most obscene lust humanity has ever witnessed (now glued to the roof above my bed... and let's just say that I used homemade glue)

On the same line, a HIGHLY suggestive key ring (which by itself is quite an achievement)... a squirrel gnawing a hard stick, next to a cardboard that says Natural Wood...

... yes, located right above a pair of boxers, which I'm wearing right now and that leave very little to the imagination...

In all seriousness, this was beautiful! A million thanks, Artemis... The gifts, the card, the details... it really, really made my day. :bday: :bday: :heart: :heart:

Artemis

#173 Post by Artemis » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:29 pm

:cool: :lol: :thumb:

I'm so glad you finally got it! I was getting worried. Today is actually the orthodox Christmas too.

Glad you like all the gifts. The squirrel is actually a beaver. WHo doesn't enjoy a little Canadian beaver, eh? :lol:

Larry B.

#174 Post by Larry B. » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Artemis wrote::cool: :lol: :thumb:

I'm so glad you finally got it! I was getting worried. Today is actually the orthodox Christmas too.

Glad you like all the gifts. The squirrel is actually a beaver. WHo doesn't enjoy a little Canadian beaver, eh? :lol:

Fucking gold!!

creep
Site Admin

#175 Post by creep » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:13 pm

:jasper: do you have huge balls or a sideways boner?? i'm confused with your pic.

girls always buy the best gifts. that was a cool little package you put together.

i bet 99999999999999 dollars that larry cheated when it came to his gift and chose artemis and didn't draw her name. i would have done that.