First marijuana ever thread

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Larry B.

First marijuana ever thread

#1 Post by Larry B. » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:10 pm

Inspired by Perkana.

Mine: I can't remember if I was 12 or 13 year old, marijuana on the beach. The following year, in the same beach, I smoked 4 joints and saw the face of Perry Farrell in a weird hallucination that made me laugh my ass off.

Artemis

Re: First marijuana ever thread

#2 Post by Artemis » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:04 pm

My first marijuana experience was 13 at my first real concert(The Who together with a couple of other bands).

I don't really recall the experience very well. I think I had only a couple of puffs and didn't even get a buzz. I remember feeling overwhelmed by everything though- the size of the crowd, the loudness of the music, cops on horses, security pouring out bottles of confiscated booze, fighting, and many wasted "old people". They were probably only in their 20s, but they seemed really old to me. :lol:

JOEinPHX

#3 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:12 pm

I was 15. A friend of mine decided I needed to try it since I had never done it. He went and bought some and we snuck out to the woods behind my house. Toked up, went back inside and playing Super Mario Kart.

I didn't actually feel high, but I had hurt my back in a soccer game a few days earlier, and it didn't hurt anymore. So i guess it did something.

kv

#4 Post by kv » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm

14, friday night high school football game...at half time we went off campus to smoke some weed...we did so at this church parking lot ( how perfect) i took a couple lung fulls off our QB's 1 hitter ( that's right, sharing one hitters, silly kids)..i felt nothing..not much of a memory but i do remember that and not my first concert :noclue:

ant

#5 Post by ant » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:50 pm

I was 18. We were on a camping trip along the Delaware Water Gap. Some of my buddies always had weed but I had always resisted because of smoking aspect of it. This time I finally gave in. Great times sitting around the campfire and listening to music after a day of rafting. Still one of favorite things to do is smoke joint by the fire.

Warped

#6 Post by Warped » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:54 pm

1994 kinda late. My then boyfriend and nowadays hubby got me into it. He used to smoke a lot at that point. I tried it several times but it did nothing for me. I also hated that he used to fall asleep soon after doing it. So i (and he too) gave up on that pretty soon. We did some amphetamines for a while which i liked a lot but it was only a short time experience. Nowadays: no drugs, some alcohol and that's it.

Jasper

#7 Post by Jasper » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:10 am

1st, I'd like to request that this thread be transferred to the private member's forum where it belongs.

So, I was 12, but it had no effect. We were in the field by a recently closed-down public school, and some older guy my friends knew was walking across the field. He came over and they asked if he had weed. He pulled out his wallet and he had a bunch of flattened roaches in the clear pockets you put photos in. One tiny roach burnt my fingers and I dropped it. I tried once or twice again after that, but it never worked, generally because there wasn't enough for everyone to actually get high.

The first time I actually got stoned off my ass I must have been 14-15, and I was up somewhere in northern Vermont or New Hampshire in a ski lodge with my older brother and sister. My brother had some very powerful high grade stuff. Holy shit was I stoned.

cabangbangq

#8 Post by cabangbangq » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:22 am

My sophomore year of high school, we all drove to my a friend's house with my best friend and his older sister who provided all the weed with her friends. A blunt was passed amongst everybody and we took hits from the pipe. I felt kinda giggly and a bit slow, but no real physical high or feeling of holy shit I'm fucking baked. Chipotle was incredible when I had it though.

Bandit72

#9 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:40 am

I was 18 and at university. How stereo typical am I? This was 1990 and a mélange of fantastic music was around. There was a lot of resin around in those days with loads of mystical names. The softer the better I seem to remember. Some of it was giggly and some of it left you comatosed.

Matz

#10 Post by Matz » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:16 am

I was 16. I just had a few hits but I got really high and it felt great.

Mescal

#11 Post by Mescal » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:51 am

I was 14, I think.

I smoked my first joint while being at the boy scouts, with our leader.

We've been nagging him for a few days to roll one for us. I don't think he put much in it, cause I didn't feel shit.

I've smoked thousands since then. I should better quit.

trevor ayer

#12 Post by trevor ayer » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:58 am

i smoked 2 joints before i smoked my first 2 joints and then i smoked 2 more ... :cool:

actually my first time was in college .. unfortunately i was also experimenting with everclear and the weed really did not feel like anything .. in fact it made me feel sober after i was drinking the grain alchohal .. so i kept drinking .. and when the weed wore off i puked my brains out .. my friend took a picture mid puke and it became the album cover of one of my first punk rock tapes which i entitled .. sick in the fucking head .. after that i figured out how smoke properly but was not very careful .. got busted at a fishbone concert and in my dorms .. both in the course of about a week .. that slowed me down for a while .. i still remember smoking in the middle of an interstection outside madison square garden .. downing a bottle of cheap wine and then seeing janes play .. now that was a great recipe for 1990!

Pandemonium

#13 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:42 pm

I've never smoked pot. And I say that with the caveat that my best friend who was also my house mate several times over a 15 year span 'til the early 90's was a dealer and smoked pot just about every single day of his life since about 17 and presumably still does.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#14 Post by Hokahey » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:34 pm

I was 14. At some kids house down the street. All I remember from that night is walking home and taking a piss in the middle of the road then crashing hard in bed.

creep
Site Admin

#15 Post by creep » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Jasper wrote:1st, I'd like to request that this thread be transferred to the private member's forum where it belongs.
:lol: word on the street today is that jasper smoked pot. everyone is talking about it.

jptm

#16 Post by jptm » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:39 pm

i got high for the first time when i was 8... 1977, I'd been sent off to stay w/my aunt & uncle in New Hampshire for the summer... had 2 girl cousins, 12 & 16... us & a couple of the 16 y.o.'s friends took off up a mountain to a little cabin they knew was there... we took up a gallon of kool-aid and when we got up top, a joint got lit and passed around... then another... being 8, i got stoned quickly. i took off and hid; trying to scare the others that i'd fallen down the mountain *ha!*, but was found quickly and bitched at... then i remember going down the mountain; i had what was left of the kool-aid---i chucked it down the hill for some reason and they told me they'd never get me high again...

the next time after that was around 13'ish... back in cali, w/some older dudes that lived on the next block...

crater

#17 Post by crater » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:02 pm

My first time wasn't all that long ago. I met up with DrugstoreCowgirl at the college in Berkeley when she asked if I had ever smoked. I said I never had before and she said she wanted to get me irie. I was down and good times were had.

We smoked a few times after that and one of those times was during the Pussycat Dolls when they opened up for Jane's at the Warfield. I got absolutely wrecked during that one, so much so that I forgot how to work my video camera. So anyone that got a copy of that video from 2002, I apologize for how bad it turned out.

perkana

#18 Post by perkana » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:11 pm

:lol: I have a copy of that show...it wasn't that bad.
I'm like Pandemonium, never have smoked weed. I use tequila to make me feel good :cool:

intertwoven

#19 Post by intertwoven » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:29 pm

I never smoked until a few years ago, ~31. First time did nothing. Second time I had too much of some strong stuff, plus a couple glasses of wine, and it hit me hard.. puked a lot and had an elusive "bad weed trip" (posted about it on Xiola and got some shit for it). I've smoked a handful of times since, but it's never done much for me (which is weird, it's like "nothing" or "way too much"), plus hurts my lungs, so I pretty much stick to booze.

Jasper

#20 Post by Jasper » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:24 pm

Wow, JA fans who've never smoked weed. Now I've heard everything. What about LSD?
creep wrote:
Jasper wrote:1st, I'd like to request that this thread be transferred to the private member's forum where it belongs.
:lol: word on the street today is that jasper smoked pot. everyone is talking about it.
fu creep. :flip: There's nothing here that needs to be read by non-members of the site, and frankly, having it out here probably prevents some of the more colorful stories from being shared.

Artemis

#21 Post by Artemis » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:17 am

Jasper wrote:Wow, JA fans who've never smoked weed. Now I've heard everything. What about LSD?
creep wrote:
fu creep. :flip: There's nothing here that needs to be read by non-members of the site, and frankly, having it out here probably prevents some of the more colorful stories from being shared.
oh, like the time you told us about when you dressed up in women's clothing and gave blowjobs behind the Wal-Mart? :lol:

Warped

#22 Post by Warped » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:51 am

:lolol: :thumb:

guysmiley

#23 Post by guysmiley » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:17 am

I was probably 20. It's done good mostly if I keep it at a minimum. I will say, the older I get and more and more stronger psychedelics sound like a bad idea. I have too many skeletons in my past to deal with that shit anymore.

Jasper

#24 Post by Jasper » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:07 pm

Artemis wrote:
Jasper wrote:Wow, JA fans who've never smoked weed. Now I've heard everything. What about LSD?
creep wrote:
oh, like the time you told us about when you dressed up in women's clothing and gave blowjobs behind the Wal-Mart? :lol:
Pfft, that joke was funnier when it was the thread I started in drink & slum. :eyes:

Artemis

#25 Post by Artemis » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Jasper wrote:
Artemis wrote:
creep wrote:
Pfft, that joke was funnier when it was the thread I started in drink & slum. :eyes: