NFL

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Hokahey
Site Admin

Re: NFL

#501 Post by Hokahey » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:43 am

Welp, rebuilding again sucks but I'm excited. At least I have something different to look forward to, and a more eventful off season that there would be otherwise.

Hoping for Jeff Fisher as HC and trade down a few slots in the draft for an extra pick or two and then take Blackmon unless his stock soars and they have to take him at #2.

Juana

#502 Post by Juana » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:15 am

hokahey wrote:Welp, rebuilding again sucks but I'm excited. At least I have something different to look forward to, and a more eventful off season that there would be otherwise.

Hoping for Jeff Fisher as HC and trade down a few slots in the draft for an extra pick or two and then take Blackmon unless his stock soars and they have to take him at #2.
Hey Hoka not to rub salt into the wounds because well Clauson isn't playing, but did Sam Bradford infact get injured in his first 3 seasons in the NFL? Terrible line or not he got injured this year as I predicted within his first 3 years he would back on the board that shall remain nameless

mockbee

#503 Post by mockbee » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:30 am

Juana wrote:
hokahey wrote:Welp, rebuilding again sucks but I'm excited. At least I have something different to look forward to, and a more eventful off season that there would be otherwise.

Hey Hoka not to rub salt into the wounds because well Clauson isn't playing, but did Sam Bradford infact get injured in his first 3 seasons in the NFL? Terrible line or not he got injured this year as I predicted within his first 3 years he would back on the board that shall remain nameless
Yeah Bradford is finished...... :wavesad: :lol:

Go with the Oregon boy! :rockon: Gave Niners a run for their money at least....

Hokahey
Site Admin

#504 Post by Hokahey » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:36 am

Juana wrote:

First of all, Bradford was sacked 36 times and played in 10 games. Everyone in St. Louis knew an injury was coming watching the way defensive players were able to come at him untouched and level him.

His backup, AJ Feeley, was also injured because of that line.

His backup, Kellen Clemens, was also injured because of that line.

Point being, and quite obviously, if you were playing behind that line you were toast this year.

Juana

#505 Post by Juana » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:39 am

:lolol:

Just saying Bradford is injury prone is all. I mean Big Ben got sacked a whole bunch one year as did Rodgers but they finished the years their lines sucked, Rams should take RG3 since that guy knows how to play with nothing around him

Hokahey
Site Admin

#506 Post by Hokahey » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:40 am

mockbee wrote: Go with the Oregon boy! :rockon: Gave Niners a run for their money at least....

Until he got injured behind that line.

Bradford had no line and no one to throw to. He was going to go down.

When he had receivers that could get open and time to throw he looked phenomenal. Most QBs do. Those are the Bradys and Rodgers of the league.

Clemens looked good because he was a better scrambler than Sam, which Clemens was constantly doing behind that line before he got his ankle bent backwards.

Juana

#507 Post by Juana » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:41 am

What are you talking about he had Royal who was the leading WR in the league for the two years prior to this one.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#508 Post by Hokahey » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:48 am

Juana wrote::lolol:

Just saying Bradford is injury prone is all.
And I'm saying that there isn't a QB in the league that wouldn't have gone down behind that line, as evidenced by the fact that the Rams had 4 different QBs start and the 3 that saw more than one game all got injured.
I mean Big Ben got sacked a whole bunch one year
You do realize that Big Ben had the same injury as Bradford and missed playing time right?
as did Rodgers but they finished the years their lines sucked
Call me when you've watched the Rams season. One sack can be worse than 30 (although Sam was sacked per game as much as any QB) if the defender is coming in completely unblocked and you have nowhere to throw the ball. It was clear that every QB that started for the Rams was going to get their head knocked off, and one by one they did.
Rams should take RG3 since that guy knows how to play with nothing around him
In college. You predicted Clausen was the second coming too. You've lost your QB prediction cred.

The Rams will stick with Bradford (as confirmed by the owner who said people giving up on Sam are looney) and surround him with playmakers, like good teams do. An amazing QB can elevate a bad team for only so long with a terrible line and no receivers. Eventually the size and speed of NFL linemen crashing in to you takes a different toll than it did in college.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#509 Post by Hokahey » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:51 am

Juana wrote:What are you talking about he had Royal who was the leading WR in the league for the two years prior to this one.
What are you talking about? He didn't have Royal. If you're thinking of Lloyd, he didn't have him either. Sam went down before the Rams picked up Lloyd. He then played one game on a bad ankle with Lloyd in as WR.

Sam had NO ONE to throw to. His top receiver last year, Danny Amedola (you know him. right? right? crickets) went down game 1.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#510 Post by Hokahey » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:52 am

Furthermore, the two QBs that started after him and had Lloyd went down with injuries too.

Look man, you might have a point if the rest of the Rams QBs hadnt all gone down behind that line. It was like lining up without one. You cant survive that. I dont care who you are.

Juana

#511 Post by Juana » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:58 am

Haha I never said Clausen was the second coming I said "he is not as injury prone as Bradford because Clausen never had a line or great talent around him in college", buy maybe you guys should have drafted Suh, all of a sudden Stafford stayed healthy because he was afraid Suh would stomp him.

as for RG3 dude runs a 10.1 / 100 and has OLYMPIC speed, meaning the guys in the NFL can't catch him to sack him :agree:

Yeah Lloyd that guy is the one I meant I forget all those former donkey WRs names cept Marshall that guy is good.

Lets just agree both our teams suck and need a lot of help on the line.

ellis

#512 Post by ellis » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:59 pm

5-11, mother fuckers~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon:

:jasper:

kv

#513 Post by kv » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:33 pm

yeah man listen to hoka the oline was so teribad even stephen jackson had a horrible year! oh....wait no he didn't...over 1100 yards with a 4.4 average

and we never ever said clausen was the second coming we thought he was the most pro ready qb of that draft.....we both said we'd grab suh in a hot second..but that's ok, i'm glad you picked bradford...the last 50 million dollar rookie lmao

Juana

#514 Post by Juana » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:39 pm

hokahey wrote:

And I'm saying that there isn't a QB in the league that wouldn't have gone down behind that line, as evidenced by the fact that the Rams had 4 different QBs start and the 3 that saw more than one game all got injured.
You do realize that Big Ben had the same injury as Bradford and missed playing time right?
Call me when you've watched the Rams season. One sack can be worse than 30 (although Sam was sacked per game as much as any QB) if the defender is coming in completely unblocked and you have nowhere to throw the ball. It was clear that every QB that started for the Rams was going to get their head knocked off, and one by one they did.
In college. You predicted Clausen was the second coming too. You've lost your QB prediction cred.

The Rams will stick with Bradford (as confirmed by the owner who said people giving up on Sam are looney) and surround him with playmakers, like good teams do. An amazing QB can elevate a bad team for only so long with a terrible line and no receivers. Eventually the size and speed of NFL linemen crashing in to you takes a different toll than it did in college.
Hey Hoka did you see on the TV where Tony Dungy said he would take RG3 over Luck? But what does he know winning a superbowl and coaching one Peyton Manning.

creep
Site Admin

#515 Post by creep » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Juana wrote:
hokahey wrote:

Hey Hoka did you see on the TV where Tony Dungy said he would take RG3 over Luck? But what does he know winning a superbowl and coaching one Peyton Manning.
after this year i think it's obvious the colts are peyton's team. just listening to dungy talk as a commentator i don't think the guy is some super genius coach.

i think the rams should draft rg3 and trade him for some proven talent and other draft picks. they could get a lot for him.

clickie

#516 Post by clickie » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:14 pm

Holy shit thats right werent K-Y and juanita the ones licking the blood and shit outta jimmy clausens asshole and calling him the future undisputed GOAT at the QB position? :lol:
They were also calling Mathew Stafford a china doll meanwhile he put up pro-bowl caliber numbers this season...
Ive never seen someone more overhyped than RG3...you two should stop watching so much PTI. He aint the second coming of Cam Newton.

Juana

#517 Post by Juana » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:25 pm

clickie wrote:Holy shit thats right werent K-Y and juanita the ones licking the blood and shit outta jimmy clausens asshole and calling him the future undisputed GOAT at the QB position? :lol:
They were also calling Mathew Stafford a china doll meanwhile he put up pro-bowl caliber numbers this season...
Ive never seen someone more overhyped than RG3...you two should stop watching so much PTI. He aint the second coming of Cam Newton.
I never said he was GOAT, I said he wasn't as injury prone as Bradford and was used to playing with no talent around him. It's fairly obvious that Bradford is going to continue to get hurt. Stafford will be okay if he stays healthy but once they lose Megatron he will be alright but not a 5k QB. Also it took him what 3 years to just stay on the field? Not worth 60-70 million.

As for RG3, its not me its Mel Kiper, its McShay its other people. But having seen him play in person dude is pretty damned good. He can tack on mass but you can not teach someone how to run 10.1 in the 100 and he throws a damn good deep ball.

I'm a homer and think Barkley was the best potential QB in this draft. Better numbers than both RG3 and Luck and has been playing in a prostyle offense since he was a Freshmen.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#518 Post by Hokahey » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Juana wrote: Hey Hoka did you see on the TV where Tony Dungy said he would take RG3 over Luck? But what does he know winning a superbowl and coaching one Peyton Manning.
Which has what to do with the Rams sticking with Bradford?
It's fairly obvious that Bradford is going to continue to get hurt
Based on what? His first season where he played injury free or his second season where the O-line forced the 4th string QB to play?

Juana

#519 Post by Juana » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:06 pm

Well he got hurt 2 times in college with the best o-line in the nation because he got hit, and then this season he takes a hit or 36 and can't stay upright. Also it would make more financial sense since the rookie contracts are capped now, trade Bradford for picks and then draft RG3 save that money, spend on free agents.

BTW I'm just bull shitting, the kid is good when healthy but obviously with all that money tied up to Bradford its going to be harder to build around him AND get some free agents in there to help with the process.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#520 Post by Hokahey » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:30 am

Hey Ellis,

Skins play the Rams again in St. Louis this year. You should really look in to coming in for the game once the date is announced.

ellis

#521 Post by ellis » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:46 am

hokahey wrote:Hey Ellis,

Skins play the Rams again in St. Louis this year. You should really look in to coming in for the game once the date is announced.
So we can be miserable together? :wave:

:bigrin:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#522 Post by Hokahey » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:35 pm

ellis wrote:
hokahey wrote:Hey Ellis,

So we can be miserable together? :wave:

:bigrin:
:lol:

As usual, I'm excited for this season. I expect Fisher to be named HC next week. #2 pick in the draft. Lots of injured players returning....

Juana

#523 Post by Juana » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:46 pm

I think if they get Jeff within 2 years they will be playing a lot better

Hokahey
Site Admin

#524 Post by Hokahey » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Juana wrote:I think if they get Jeff within 2 years they will be playing a lot better

As do I. I'm not a huge fan per se, but I always respected how tough his teams always were. I know he can do a better job than the last couple of chuckleheads.

farrellgirl99

#525 Post by farrellgirl99 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:46 pm

anyone else a saints fan (too lazy to catch up on the whole thread)? im pretty excited for tomorrow's game.