NBA

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
SR

Re: NBA

#3726 Post by SR » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:01 pm

No one saw this!

Like I said earlier I got nothing on KL. He's a god and player to player better than IT. And though you have Aldridge, he's similar in importance to his team. Both benefit greatly from great coaching, disciplined teammates, and great pedigrees/legacies.

Dunno why you have issue with diggin SA. My son fucking hates them and I always ask wtf? You might have noticed I'm not to keen on Texas as a whole, the the spurs are not just somewhat inimitable but likable and classy doing it. :noclue:

kv

#3727 Post by kv » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:06 pm

GG...Celtics have been in the league 2 seasons longer then the Lakers... And sure he is in the discussion of who will finish 4-5-6 in MVP voting

SR

#3728 Post by SR » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:11 pm

:hs: ....and all in one city. Yay team? Wtf. :lol:

Artemis

#3729 Post by Artemis » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:30 am

Wow, 4th place now. Raptors seem to be in free fall mode.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/standings/

SR

#3730 Post by SR » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:31 am

Wizards have been on a major surge and you guys miss derozan a lot. Def still in the mix

Juana

#3731 Post by Juana » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:12 pm

SR wrote:No one saw this!

Like I said earlier I got nothing on KL. He's a god and player to player better than IT. And though you have Aldridge, he's similar in importance to his team. Both benefit greatly from great coaching, disciplined teammates, and great pedigrees/legacies.

Dunno why you have issue with diggin SA. My son fucking hates them and I always ask wtf? You might have noticed I'm not to keen on Texas as a whole, the the spurs are not just somewhat inimitable but likable and classy doing it. :noclue:
Because they have been rivals with the Lakers, it's super fucked cause one of my closest friends works for their owner and I'm still like "nope I can only have one team" but then you look at Pop (especially these days now that he is speaking his mind) and players like Robinson, Timmy, and now Kawhi it's SO HARD to not root for them. Not just Kawhi but Danny Green, Patty Mills, etc players other teams didn't want and now look at them.

kv

#3732 Post by kv » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:32 pm

Forum blue and gold baby :rockon: ...Respect for SA? Sure...But we bleed purple...It's a foreign concept to not bandwagon for some...

SR

#3733 Post by SR » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:34 am

Absurd. Sandbox thinking. By that logic if your team isn't in the mix you root against everyone else. As a lifetime and diehard c fan I've spent some years marveling at laker quality. Not recently of course, but some years it been magic. Still hate them in a grown up sort of way....

Conversely I like and respect SA, GS, and many small market teams for their strong efforts and in some cases, modest success. It's meaningful to respect them because to be better (or get a chip) you have to go through them. If they're not good/excellent your accomplishments are hollow.

Also, by your logic, if you love Troy you must hate the Irish. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#3734 Post by creep » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:32 am

we beat the cavs a couple weeks ago and the warriors last night but we lose to the suns friday night. :noclue:

kv

#3735 Post by kv » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:05 pm

Being a USC and ND fan is absurd...My five year old self just didn't know better in time to stop it :noclue:

And I said I respect other teams but just because they are good doesn't mean I'm their fan now...That's bandwagon bullshit...I root for the lesser of two evils..Like today...Pats have a bunch of rings...Go Atlanta...Were you even a real pats fan before they started winning rings? What team are you a fan of that hasn't won? :noclue: ...Btw I love all your "fuck la" type posts...While you live in LA... :lolol:

SR

#3736 Post by SR » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:34 pm

Suffered through the bears crushing in the 80's and Green Bay's drubbing in the 90's.

Been a cs and redsox fan since I first visited Boston (Newburyport) when I was a very young lad. Those trips continued throughout my childhood

There's value in LA. Love the dodgers.

ND and SC fan. :lolol:

Btw. A "bandwagoner" is someone who's own identity is so shallow or nonexistent that claiming a recent winner forms their identity. Their loose and firm team allegiances are the least of their problems. I don't see that as the case with J :nod:

We can agree on underdogs, except the fakers. :lol:

Juana

#3737 Post by Juana » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:36 pm

Well like I said it's super fucked they're an adopted team since the drive from Austin to SA is a lot easier than the flights back out West to see some games. That said I appreciate how Pop and co approach their business but they're still a rival of the Lakers due to all the "recent" playoff battles. All that said I'm happy that Pau ended up on SAS I hope he gets another shot at a ring.

Juana

#3738 Post by Juana » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:38 pm

Also the Lakers are now at 18 wins so its an improvement over last season I hope Luke just lets the kids play and develop I know Lou and Swaggy want minutes but its not likely that the Lakers will make a run so might as well let the kids run.

kv

#3739 Post by kv » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:18 am

Agreed, let the kids develop...On pace for 25 and finally playing a little D

SR

#3740 Post by SR » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:58 am

Super fucked it is then. :noclue:

Lakers have to shake the management tree but hard.

SR

#3741 Post by SR » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:33 am

The Knicks are a freak show. :nod:

blackula

#3742 Post by blackula » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:29 pm

SR wrote:The Knicks are a freak show. :nod:
Yeah. No hope. Phil Jackson is a passive aggressive douche tweeting Melo shit talk but he wont waive his no trade (that Phil put in his contract). Noah is a bad signing and Rose is a 1 year rental. Oakley has more fight than the entire team. Porzingis has slightly digressed. The Oakley thing is weird though. He admits to drinking before coming to MSG. I'm sure he was talking some shit to Dolan and that's what got him the boot. But yeah SR, freak show!

SR

#3743 Post by SR » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:44 am

Porzingis can't really be held accountable for working in that dysfunctional. Dude is top notch. Lakers could have had him. He's the best thing ny has done recently. Phil just seems to have lost it. Maybe age. Maybe the breakup? Who knows. And the accounts from oak and management are so far apart it's just smacks of gross elaboration on both sides. Either way it was sad to watch. Like other teams, is like to see the knicks on the rise

kv

#3744 Post by kv » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:18 pm

He didn't lose anything...He is an all-time great COACH...not gm.

Btw I love the "Lakers could have had him" dig....The world melted when Phil drafted him but now the Lakers blew it :eyes:

SR

#3745 Post by SR » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Sensitive much? Wasn't speaking to his coaching. He is losing it. He's the prez and it's a freak show in every way.

The world can melt down all they want; they aren't paid to draft well. Lakers passed on him

Nap time

kv

#3746 Post by kv » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:00 pm

Hater much? :lolol:

Naw I had a lot of doubts about Phil as a GM...No sure thing a great coach will make a great gm (or a player to gm I.e. not so sure about magic)..In fact I kinda enjoy the Knicks struggle as it shows laker fans he probably wasn't gonna fix the Lakers either. As for melo's treatment, that's Phil! He's done it to all his players...If you get soft he'll poke. Doesn't work great on people who don't care or can't handle it...(see Pau) Worked great on ride or die players like Kobe and MJ...Hard to light fires under players when their tears extinguish them

SR

#3747 Post by SR » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:57 pm

Well, shame you're not a top free agent. You'd be the only one man enough to understand Jackson. He's poisoned ny along with, but differently than Dolan. :nod: everyone hates him now. Poor Jackson. Just a victim. :balls:

blackula

#3748 Post by blackula » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:31 pm

kv wrote:Hater much? :lolol:

Naw I had a lot of doubts about Phil as a GM...No sure thing a great coach will make a great gm (or a player to gm I.e. not so sure about magic)..In fact I kinda enjoy the Knicks struggle as it shows laker fans he probably wasn't gonna fix the Lakers either. As for melo's treatment, that's Phil! He's done it to all his players...If you get soft he'll poke. Doesn't work great on people who don't care or can't handle it...(see Pau) Worked great on ride or die players like Kobe and MJ...Hard to light fires under players when their tears extinguish them
I get the lighting fires part, BUT he re-signed Melo 2 years ago with a full no trade clause and is all surprised he's a ball hog and doesn't play a lot of D? Was his ego so big he thought his wisdom would change him after a decade plus of playing that way? Now he can't deal him cuz of the no trade and the bonus which hits the receiving team's cap. He created this mess.

I do give Phil credit, he went for it with Rose and Noah. People had the Knicks as the 3 or 4 sead if they stayed healthy and for the most part have. No one thought they'd suck this bad! Maybe his coaching choices?

Now Oakley is banned for life from MSG?!,?,? WTF. MSG security are dicks. I was ejected from a concert once, long story and it was for dumb shit, but I was pushed around by 6 goons in an elevator and at the door that led to the street 2 guards held my arms and a 3rd lined up and kicked me in the ass so hard I flew out the door onto the sidewalk (which is actually kind of funny as I relive it in my head). Even if Oakley had a few and heckled Dolan the dude shouldn't be banned.

SR

#3749 Post by SR » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:58 pm

I read the security involved has been fired. Apparently oak was never to have made it to his seat.

kv

#3750 Post by kv » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:35 pm

Yes blackula...I do think what you said is true...his ego made him think he could change melo