Rawk On! Thx! :wave:

Hype

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4631 Post by Hype » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:41 pm

:cool:

Matz

#4632 Post by Matz » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:19 pm

On 18 September 1970, Jimi Hendrix died at the Samarkand Hotel in the Notting Hill section of London. He was 27. Hendrix had spent the previous evening at a party and was picked up by his girlfriend, Monika Dannemann, who drove him to the hotel. It is estimated that he died within a few hours after midnight.

Dannemann claimed in her original statement that after returning to the hotel the night before, Hendrix had taken her prescription Vesperax (sleeping) pills. Unknown to Hendrix, the normal dose was half a tablet, but he ingested nine full tablets. Hendrix supposedly had asphyxiated on his own vomit, which consisted mainly of red wine.

Dannemann claimed she had discovered that Hendrix was unconscious and unresponsive sometime after 9.00 AM, and that he was still alive when she accompanied him in the ambulance after half past eleven. Dannemann's statements have been refuted by both the police and the EMTs; they state that Hendrix was alone in the flat when they arrived at 11.27 AM, and he had been dead for some time.

Adding more mystery to the performer's death, former Hendrix roadie, James "Tappy" Wright, claims the musician's manager was responsible for his untimely death.

Wright, who released the book, Rock Roadie, earlier this year, claims that Michael Jeffrey, Hendrix's manager, confessed to killing the musician while drunk a year after the star's death. (Jeffrey died two years later in a plane crash.)

Wright says in his book that Jeffrety was worried Hendrix was looking to replace him. "I had to do it, Tappy. You understand, don't you? I had to do it. You know damn well what I'm talking about."

"I was in London the night of Jimi's death and together with some old friends ...we went round to Monika's hotel room, got a handful of pills and stuffed them into his mouth ...then poured a few bottles of red wine deep into his windpipe. I had to do it. Jimi was worth much more to me dead than alive. That son of a bitch was going to leave me. If I lost him, I'd lose everything." Wright claims Jeffery told him that a life insurance policy had been taken out on Hendrix worth £1.2 million, with Jeffery as the beneficiary.

Wright stated, "I can still hear that conversation, see the man I'd known for so much of my life, his face pale, hand clutching at his glass in sudden rage."

According to the physician who attended to Hendrix the night of his death, the possibility of homicide was deifinitely "plausible."

Doctor John Bannister, of St. Mary Abbots Hospital in Kensington (since closed), said "The amount of wine that was over him was just extraordinary. Not only was it saturated right through his hair and shirt but his lungs and stomach were absolutely full of wine. I have never seen so much wine. We had a sucker that you put down into his trachea, the entrance to his lungs and to the whole of the back of his throat. We kept sucking him out and it kept surging and surging. He had already vomited up masses of red wine and I would have thought there was half a bottle of wine in his hair. He had really drowned in a massive amount of red wine."
I read this years ago and then again today and actually teared up a bit as I read it. It's so sad. I definitely believe it went down pretty much like described. Imagine killing Jimi Hendrix... :nyrexall: He is the biggest rock star of all time, no one is up there with him. Not even Bowie.

S&M

#4633 Post by S&M » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:35 pm

They are harvesting almonds here in the Central Valley and the particulates are blowing up my allergies!!!!…Have had a headache for a week!!!!…And this Fuck it Friday beer ain't helping!!!!…God I hope the west coast gets a lil rain soon!!!! :drink:

kv

#4634 Post by kv » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:12 am

Day 2 ofJury duty..and being most likely on a long trial

:jasper:

kv

#4635 Post by kv » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:24 pm

Yessssssssssss...I got excused! Prob the last one too...phew

Only sucky downside is they excused me right before lunch...so when I went back to the jury room to be released...they had just left for lunch...so another hour and a half of staring as ceiling tiles till freedom...better then the next week

SR

#4636 Post by SR » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:40 am

Yeah, so I am going through my mail the other day and I see a postcard for me. Great pic of the Torre Latinoamericano. Very thoughtful note from krakle and Perk wishing me well....dated September 10th. Really, very very nice. Thank you! :tiphat:

perkana

#4637 Post by perkana » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:50 am

That was fast! You are very welcome, SR :tiphat:

SR

#4638 Post by SR » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:20 am

Fast?! Just glad it got here...

perkana

#4639 Post by perkana » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:56 am

So am I. My last birthday card got almost 2 months later after my sister sent it. So I hope we set our SS person soon if I want them to get their package before the year ends :lol: :sad:

perkana

#4640 Post by perkana » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:02 am

I haven't posted on here to complain about something in a while, until today.
I'm so tired of this annoying cough. I had to start taking my asthma medicine again. It lets me sleep and I only cough after I run (I shouldn't but I feel ok while running).
I'm sure it's because of the pollution, once I get away from Mexico City I feel much better.

chaos

#4641 Post by chaos » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:56 am

Our dehumidifier has been recalled. Errr.

If you have one, you may want to see if yours is affected. You do not need to provide personal info. FYI - The website indicates a manufacturing date prior to 2008. I placed a call since the date on mine is 2010 but came up as part of the recall. The recording states a manufacturing date of 2014. (I hung up since I was the 23rd caller in the queue.)

https://www.recallrtr.com/dehumidifier/ ... gistration

This has been your friendly ANR public service announcement for the month of November. If this had been a real emergency . . . :lol:

Pandemonium

#4642 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:10 pm

Having a pretty lousy (and costly) week, especially my wife. For her, she lost or more likely, had her iPhone stolen at work Monday. ATT gave her a loaner phone which was an old android phone which *I* got stuck dealing with porting her email, contacts, files, etc onto Tuesday night which was a colossal pain because Apple/iCloud/Android... 'nuff said. At least her iPhone was insured so she only had a $100 out of pocket but they sent her a refurbished phone. Also, she's been having trouble with the tires on her 1 year old Volt, the pressure goes up and down in her front left. This morning, she went out to go to work and it was more or less flat. Turns out, all four tires need to be replaced which even though are under about 15K worth of miles, aren't covered under the manufacturer's warranty because they are the car's original tires which are supposed to be covered by the Chevy warranty ... but aren't.

But most annoying... I have the worst luck with contractors on planet Earth. Just over a year ago, we had the entire exterior of our house re-done. We had Stackstone done on the front of the house and late last Spring, I noticed a corner started showing a large vertical crack. The contractor replaced the section of bricks and fixed it but just a few weeks ago, I started finding multiple vertical cracks. Nowhere else is any walls cracking or showing any signs of movement and we haven't had any Earthquakes the past year.

I got both the contractor and the stackstone manufacturer involved and had both reps over today to look at the problem which led to both passing the buck to each other ("installed incorrectly vs. flawed product"). I'm pretty sure the contractor cut corners doing the installation but I bet it's going to mean taking them to court. Meanwhile the front of my house is falling apart just in time for the 1/10th of an inch of rain we'll get this Winter.

mockbee

#4643 Post by mockbee » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:29 pm

What's behind the backing board? Plywd/Studs @16" OC?
If so, it certainly looks like the contractor missed the studs when nailing the backing board. That would totally make sections of your stone veneer have differential settlement, pulling the whole backerboard with it if only nailed into plywd. (see nails on siding above, they are centered on the stud, the left side board does not appear to be properly nailed off.)

Don't worry - 95% of Contractors suck, so really you are the norm, luck would be getting a decent one... :wink:

kv

#4644 Post by kv » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:33 pm

Sad but true

intertwoven

#4645 Post by intertwoven » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:01 pm

I've been buds with our own trevor ayer since the pre-Xiola, Jane's Digest days, through all of the crazy rants (peta, anti-vax, TGEA "fixed", etc), but had to FB-unfriend him over his post-election bullshit. Jill Stien pricks like him helped Trump get elected. And he can make himself feel better by trying to convince himself that Hilary is as bad as Trump, which as a straight white male might make that lie easier to digest. Ranting that Clinton supports are closeted racists or whatnot. Tell that to the gays and immigrants that need to go underground now. Clinton as bad as Trump, huh? Because both are against smallpox? Eat a dick, Tassy.

kv

#4646 Post by kv » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:32 pm

:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

Yep prob because he is unable to look in the mirror and admit to himself what he did.

Larry B.

#4647 Post by Larry B. » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:07 am

intertwoven wrote:I've been buds with our own trevor ayer since the pre-Xiola, Jane's Digest days, through all of the crazy rants (peta, anti-vax, TGEA "fixed", etc), but had to FB-unfriend him over his post-election bullshit. Jill Stien pricks like him helped Trump get elected. And he can make himself feel better by trying to convince himself that Hilary is as bad as Trump, which as a straight white male might make that lie easier to digest. Ranting that Clinton supports are closeted racists or whatnot. Tell that to the gays and immigrants that need to go underground now. Clinton as bad as Trump, huh? Because both are against smallpox? Eat a dick, Tassy.
Hillary being worse than Trump doesn't have anything to do with being a straight white male, and everything to do with money laundering, arming ISIS, overthrowing foreign presidents, kidnapping children and being a huge warmonger.

And don't get me wrong, Trump is a disgustingly horrible choice that presents huge challenges for the US, and straight white males may not suffer its consequences as much as other populations. But there is not a doubt in this world that Hillary was the worst choice.

crater

#4648 Post by crater » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:34 am

Larry B. wrote:But there is not a doubt in this world that Hillary was the worst choice.

This is simply not true. With Republicans running the whole damn show, they can and will, do anything they want without any way to stop them.

The results of this election will be felt for decades to come due to the insanity with what Trump and the rest of the nut job Republicans are about to unleash upon the world. With Hillary in charge, at least some of the bullshit Republicans want would have been stopped outright or at least watered down as to not be so damaging to the country and the rest of the planet.

And Hillary would've been unable to carry out any of the conspiracy nonsense that I see being posted by you here and what I've been reading elsewhere due to Republican control of congress and the senate. So to say she would've just started rampaging around the globe starting wars and all the rest of that junk is HILLARious. :crazy:

Larry B.

#4649 Post by Larry B. » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:19 am

crater wrote:
Larry B. wrote:But there is not a doubt in this world that Hillary was the worst choice.

This is simply not true. With Republicans running the whole damn show, they can and will, do anything they want without any way to stop them.

The results of this election will be felt for decades to come due to the insanity with what Trump and the rest of the nut job Republicans are about to unleash upon the world. With Hillary in charge, at least some of the bullshit Republicans want would have been stopped outright or at least watered down as to not be so damaging to the country and the rest of the planet.

And Hillary would've been unable to carry out any of the conspiracy nonsense that I see being posted by you here and what I've been reading elsewhere due to Republican control of congress and the senate. So to say she would've just started rampaging around the globe starting wars and all the rest of that junk is HILLARious. :crazy:
Firstly, it's not conspiracy nonsense nor just stuff she would have done, I was mainly talking about stuff she did do and that she had (has?) planned, not per tin-foil hatted maniacs but per all of the stuff it was leaked. She is a criminal, the primaries of the Democrat Party were absolutely fixed and all the money laundering, political favours and weapon deals with Saudi Arabia and Qatar, countries who per their own admission (I can't remember if it was Hillary or Podesta) are secretly backing and funding ISIS. All of this is well documented. The mess they left in Haiti, the overthrowing of Gaddafi...

Republicans, everywhere in the world, spend more time and effort barking than actually biting. Republicans will care about business, so as long as businessmen are happy and the working class are minimally happy, everything will be a-OK. They may modify the healthcare system for the worse, they may start including Christian bullshit in schools and stuff like that, but I really doubt they'll just kick out foreigners or discriminate against black people or latinos in an institutional level. Trump sends the wrong message and the US may see an increase of discrimination, and -again- I'm not saying Trump is a great choice. It's shit. But Hillary was a criminal, an ambitious criminal, a proper imperialist snake.

creep
Site Admin

#4650 Post by creep » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:19 pm

Larry B. wrote:
intertwoven wrote:I've been buds with our own trevor ayer since the pre-Xiola, Jane's Digest days, through all of the crazy rants (peta, anti-vax, TGEA "fixed", etc), but had to FB-unfriend him over his post-election bullshit. Jill Stien pricks like him helped Trump get elected. And he can make himself feel better by trying to convince himself that Hilary is as bad as Trump, which as a straight white male might make that lie easier to digest. Ranting that Clinton supports are closeted racists or whatnot. Tell that to the gays and immigrants that need to go underground now. Clinton as bad as Trump, huh? Because both are against smallpox? Eat a dick, Tassy.
Hillary being worse than Trump doesn't have anything to do with being a straight white male, and everything to do with money laundering, arming ISIS, overthrowing foreign presidents, kidnapping children and being a huge warmonger.

And don't get me wrong, Trump is a disgustingly horrible choice that presents huge challenges for the US, and straight white males may not suffer its consequences as much as other populations. But there is not a doubt in this world that Hillary was the worst choice.
i missed you larry during this election. i was looking forward to posts like this.