What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
chaos

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4551 Post by chaos » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:04 am

Hour 13. Still in ER. On intravenous antibiotics. I hate everyone.

SR

#4552 Post by SR » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:17 am

Colon procedure will likely be conscious sedation. As opposed to a general, there really isn't a discernable difference. Either way, the science has made these painless so to speak. The anxiety is often foiled by a shot of Demerol. When I had my surgeries, I was anxious as well....especially the first. After the Demerol, I couldn't have cared less (I am very lucky I never found street Heroin).

Hope you feel better....like kv said....PUPPYS!. Is there any evidence of an intestinal tear?

chaos

#4553 Post by chaos » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:43 am

I have an abcess and have to get the colonoscopy in order to determine the cause. They are trying to get me into a regular room. I suggested the outpatient route to no avail. I am not clear on the prep since I haven't eaten since mid afternoon Monday.

SR

#4554 Post by SR » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:53 am

Oh. Lancing and packing is the usual route for the abscess. That, in and of itself, sucks. Best.....yr in one of the better hospitals around. A useless aside, my dad did his internship there.

Keep us posted

SR

#4555 Post by SR » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:55 am

[img]
nurse.jpg
nurse.jpg (77.55 KiB) Viewed 4998 times
[/img]

chaos

#4556 Post by chaos » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:10 am

I meant the prep for the colonospy. You are supposed to drink a large quantity (gallon, half-gallon?) of something to clean you out.

The nurse just gave me a pillow since I am a pout face. :lol:

Artemis

#4557 Post by Artemis » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:54 am

As SR said, do keep us posted, but no need to live-tweet the colonoscopy.Image :lol:

Pandemonium

#4558 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:16 am

Hopefully no surgery. Colonoscopy is no big deal, they put you out and you'd never know they stuck a flash light camera up your chockie starfish. A few days from now, all will be good.

chaos

#4559 Post by chaos » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:44 pm

Still in ER. Can't start prep work until I get a room (for obvious reasons). I can't leave "against medical advice" for insurance reasons. The doctor won't let me handle this as an outpatient, but does not provide an explanation of the risks he is worried about. I could be in limbo hell for days. I 'll post again once I'm out of the ER and I have had some sleep and can think like a sane person (or if I have a meltdown and get arrested).

Hype

#4560 Post by Hype » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:23 pm

Infections are really dangerous if they get out of control. That's probably why you have to stay. I'd guess they probably want to make sure you don't have peritonitis, or if you do, to make sure they can treat it quick. Maybe they can give you something to help you sleep?

mockbee

#4561 Post by mockbee » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:28 pm

Almost 24 hours in the ER....yikes!

I think staying sane is the more acute issue here huh?!

I was called back to the ER once for a collapsed lung. I really didn't want to go, I had already seen my primary care doc, but they said it was "against medical advice" to stay home, so I went and sat there with oxygen for 13 hours overnight listening to all manners of problems from the tenderloin derelicts. Luckily it re-inflated overnight and I could head off to work bright and early with no sleep.
I actually had a great day at work, was just so happy to be out of there.... :lol:

good luck. :wave:

SR

#4562 Post by SR » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:46 pm

chaos wrote:Still in ER. Can't start prep work until I get a room (for obvious reasons). I can't leave "against medical advice" for insurance reasons. The doctor won't let me handle this as an outpatient, but does not provide an explanation of the risks he is worried about. I could be in limbo hell for days. I 'll post again once I'm out of the ER and I have had some sleep and can think like a sane person (or if I have a meltdown and get arrested).
That's odd, fucked up, and unprofessional that you are not being included in the loop on his/her thoughts on your case. Everyone should expect full transparency, even if multiple symptoms (or few) point in myriad directions.

chaos

#4563 Post by chaos » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:54 am

37 hours and counting in ER . . . :bored:

Can't be an outpatient because the abscess "might" burst.

"Might" get moved today.

Matz

#4564 Post by Matz » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:05 pm

watching The wolf of wall street right now....23 minutes in and bored to death, dont think I'm gonna make it through the 3 hours......somebody tell Scorsese to stop making movies...

kv

#4565 Post by kv » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:41 pm

It's just you

chaos

#4566 Post by chaos » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:16 pm

I will post an abridged version of the comedy of errors in the drunk/slum thread tomorrow.

I was brought to a room in an adjoining building around 7pm. Meet with Dr. and 2 of his residents (who will feel his wrath at some point in the next few days.)

I will be released tomorrow around 11. I have to continue the antibiotics and get a colonoskopy in 4-6 weeks.

I can't see straight from the lack of sleep. :lol: Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement.

chaos

#4567 Post by chaos » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:45 am

Disregard previous post. I just met with a team of people. Its confusing and serious. Im sleep deprieved, scared, and in shock. I am okay. Dont panic when i dont update for a while. Im okay.

Matz

#4568 Post by Matz » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:59 am

shit, that sounds bad.....hope you feel better soon you GR pic magician :rockon:

farrellgirl99

#4569 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:29 am

Sending you positive vibes, chaos :gh:

wally

#4570 Post by wally » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:46 pm

so we just moved a couple weeks ago, still in the process as we've both been busy with work and my girlfriend was on vacation for a week. We started sleeping in the new place on Sunday last week. On Thursday my gf got home to a broken front window covered in blood, she opens the door and our dog is standing there covered in blood and so is EVERY surface (brand new couch, white carpets, walls, EVERYWHERE) in the house. :no: She calls me in hysterics and I'm like is he ok? is he cut/still bleeding? she says it looks dry so I'm like "i'm coming home, give him a bath and look for blood/cuts/broken glass stuck somewhere". The whole way home, i'm thinking she must've been exaggerating. Got home... she wasn't. She found nothing on the dog. Blood all over the house like OJ stopped by and we cant find anything wrong with the dog. Finally the next morning i think i can see a small cut under his tongue. He gets separation anxiety and licks the windows sometimes when we leave. I guess the broken window didn't deter his licking. Not sure how the window got broken but fuck that was a shitty night.

Pandemonium

#4571 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:24 pm

wally wrote:so we just moved a couple weeks ago, still in the process as we've both been busy with work and my girlfriend was on vacation for a week. We started sleeping in the new place on Sunday last week. On Thursday my gf got home to a broken front window covered in blood, she opens the door and our dog is standing there covered in blood and so is EVERY surface (brand new couch, white carpets, walls, EVERYWHERE) in the house. :no: She calls me in hysterics and I'm like is he ok? is he cut/still bleeding? she says it looks dry so I'm like "i'm coming home, give him a bath and look for blood/cuts/broken glass stuck somewhere". The whole way home, i'm thinking she must've been exaggerating. Got home... she wasn't. She found nothing on the dog. Blood all over the house like OJ stopped by and we cant find anything wrong with the dog. Finally the next morning i think i can see a small cut under his tongue. He gets separation anxiety and licks the windows sometimes when we leave. I guess the broken window didn't deter his licking. Not sure how the window got broken but fuck that was a shitty night.
Whoa.... Up 'til the last couple sentences, I'm thinking some lunatic broke into your place, cut (him)self on glass and got it everywhere while the dog looked on.

BTW, what's up with Chaos? No news the past few days....

kv

#4572 Post by kv » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:16 pm

chaos wrote:I am okay. Dont panic when i dont update for a while. Im okay.

Matz

#4573 Post by Matz » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:46 pm

bored is in super slow motion again over here..... :bored:

intertwoven

#4574 Post by intertwoven » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:17 pm

Good thing my wife & dog don't leave me alone too often. I've just been raging & frustratingly smashing shit all day. Feels good, but sucks.

Larry B.

#4575 Post by Larry B. » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:42 am

wally wrote:so we just moved a couple weeks ago, still in the process as we've both been busy with work and my girlfriend was on vacation for a week. We started sleeping in the new place on Sunday last week. On Thursday my gf got home to a broken front window covered in blood, she opens the door and our dog is standing there covered in blood and so is EVERY surface (brand new couch, white carpets, walls, EVERYWHERE) in the house. :no: She calls me in hysterics and I'm like is he ok? is he cut/still bleeding? she says it looks dry so I'm like "i'm coming home, give him a bath and look for blood/cuts/broken glass stuck somewhere". The whole way home, i'm thinking she must've been exaggerating. Got home... she wasn't. She found nothing on the dog. Blood all over the house like OJ stopped by and we cant find anything wrong with the dog. Finally the next morning i think i can see a small cut under his tongue. He gets separation anxiety and licks the windows sometimes when we leave. I guess the broken window didn't deter his licking. Not sure how the window got broken but fuck that was a shitty night.
That sounds horrible... I hope he'll be fine :wavesad: