What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
mockbee

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4301 Post by mockbee » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:59 pm

I haven't had a tricker treater in 10 years. I thought about the fact I have no candy, I guess I could have given them a banana........or a mojo bar. :hehe:

perkana

#4302 Post by perkana » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:10 am

farrellgirl99 wrote:
perkana wrote:
kv wrote:women you hate the guy...but lead him on by giving him "your" number...when if you had been blunt this could be behind you :noclue:
No, because he caught me off guard. When I'm caught off guard, I always give a wrong number. When he dials and sees it's wrong, I will let him know that I don't want to give him my number. Unfortunately, I will have to deal with him next week. I'll let you know. I predict me avoiding him all week :lol:
P.S. And this is a major douchebag, he has told me that he has a partner and 3 gfs.
it might not have been the case here, but often if you meet a guy (most likely a stranger at a bar, etc) who asks for your number, women might give a wrong number to appease the guy and not create conflict. if you refuse, a guy might get aggressive or make you more uncomfortable i.e. "why are you being such a bitch? i just want to get to know you". this is same logic why women will say they have a boyfriend if they don't so that a guy will leave them alone. this works because a guy often respects a man more than a woman and won't overstep into a guy's territory.

anyway, not always the case, but just some insight into why women will do stuff like that sometimes.

"men are afraid that women will laugh at them. women are afraid that men will kill them" - margaret atwood
I've done it for all those reasons. And I've given my real number to strangers I had a great time talking to and really cared about knowing them better. I'm only like that with people I'm not comfortable with. This guy falls in the same category of the annoyingly pushy strangers I don't care about knowing better. Don't see this as "leading them on" :noclue:
P.S. Great quote pg!

Pandemonium

#4303 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:41 am

Not looking forward to having a camera stuck up my wanker this week.

perkana

#4304 Post by perkana » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:46 am

Pandemonium wrote:Not looking forward to having a camera stuck up my wanker this week.
I thought shows nowadays were camera friendly. Or guess it's not show.

Matz

#4305 Post by Matz » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:06 pm

Garbage played a club the other night 20 k's from where I live and Eric is out with them again. Had I known I probably would have gone....fuck. 20 k's just to see Eric some might say? Yes, not a lot of rock'n roll royalty comes by here very often. It's like the bizarro Sunset Strip part of the world :no:

Pandemonium

#4306 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:07 pm

perkana wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:Not looking forward to having a camera stuck up my wanker this week.
I thought shows nowadays were camera friendly. Or guess it's not show.
They were looking for lost change.

It sure fuckin' hurts though. "OK, get ready, this will be uncomfortable... ahhh, that's like a hot poker goin' in!" Had a biopsy as well. Now I'm pissing burning red pee for the next few days.

perkana

#4307 Post by perkana » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:53 pm

Ouch. I thought you were talking about smuggling a camera. Hope all goes well!

creep
Site Admin

#4308 Post by creep » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:57 pm

perkana wrote:Ouch. I thought you were talking about smuggling a camera. Hope all goes well!
:lol:

no... camera in penis

penises are not made to put things in them. i had it done once. i will never forget it.

perkana

#4309 Post by perkana » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:08 am

That's what happens when I read posts when I'm still sleepy :lol:

Pandemonium

#4310 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:42 am

perkana wrote:Ouch. I thought you were talking about smuggling a camera. Hope all goes well!
LOL! Thanks, I'm good today. The test itself ... leaves a lasting impression as Creep said. I had a liver biopsy about 10 years ago that was a piece of cake compared to this. They're looking for prostrate cancer because I've had a series of PSA and CDC blood tests that come back with a very high (+12) number. More than likely, it's just old man enlarged prostrate problems exacerbated by type II diabetes.

perkana

#4311 Post by perkana » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:59 pm

I'm sending you positive vibes nonetheless. And I really hope you don't have to go through that again in a long time (you too creep! :wave:)

perkana

#4312 Post by perkana » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:13 pm

Fuck the Rolling Stones...638.40 bucks for a front seat, even if you're lucky enough to get one. I pass...

Artemis

#4313 Post by Artemis » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:35 pm

perkana wrote:Fuck the Rolling Stones...638.40 bucks for a front seat, even if you're lucky enough to get one. I pass...
Exactly why I've passed on seeing them the last few times.For me, that's way too much to spend for a concert ticket. :no:

perkana

#4314 Post by perkana » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:30 pm

I know, right? My friend was telling me that she hated spending a lot of money to only watch them on a screen. I'll just google one of their shows and watch it comfortably at home.

Pandemonium

#4315 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:38 am

Artemis wrote:
perkana wrote:Fuck the Rolling Stones...638.40 bucks for a front seat, even if you're lucky enough to get one. I pass...
Exactly why I've passed on seeing them the last few times.For me, that's way too much to spend for a concert ticket. :no:
Yeah, I haven't seen The Stones since the late 90's Voodoo Lounge tour only because of the insane ticket prices. I give them credit, they seem to still draw enough people willing to mortgage their houses to fill arenas and stadiums but I have to vote with my wallet and common sense.

The last few tours, they've been offering a small number of cheap random "lottery" tickets usually up in the nosebleed seats - you pay something like $40 - $60 not knowing where your seats are and pick up your tickets at the venue the day of the show. A friend did this for their show early this year at the stadium in San Diego and it was "surprise, your ticket is in the very highest row furthest back in the stadium from the stage!" He was happy to get in the building but for me it's like "fuck that machine, if I'm not sitting or standing less than a hundred feet from the stage, I don't go no matter how much I like the band." I don't need to be a rail hog but I don't like watching ants on a stage from a quarter mile away. It's why I love the fact that many arena and stadium-level bands like U2 and Muse embrace the GA floor thing w/reasonably priced tickets. I can move around and watch the show wherever I want on the floor.

One other thing about The Stones that I have to give big props for - the last year or two they've been releasing vintage shows on CD/Vinyl/DVD/Blu-ray at the rate of about 5 per year. The early 70's Mick Taylor era shows are fantastic.

Artemis

#4316 Post by Artemis » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:44 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Yeah, I haven't seen The Stones since the late 90's Voodoo Lounge tour only because of the insane ticket prices. I give them credit, they seem to still draw enough people willing to mortgage their houses to fill arenas and stadiums but I have to vote with my wallet and common sense.

The last few tours, they've been offering a small number of cheap random "lottery" tickets usually up in the nosebleed seats - you pay something like $40 - $60 not knowing where your seats are and pick up your tickets at the venue the day of the show. A friend did this for their show early this year at the stadium in San Diego and it was "surprise, your ticket is in the very highest row furthest back in the stadium from the stage!" He was happy to get in the building but for me it's like "fuck that machine, if I'm not sitting or standing less than a hundred feet from the stage, I don't go no matter how much I like the band." I don't need to be a rail hog but I don't like watching ants on a stage from a quarter mile away. It's why I love the fact that many arena and stadium-level bands like U2 and Muse embrace the GA floor thing w/reasonably priced tickets. I can move around and watch the show wherever I want on the floor.

One other thing about The Stones that I have to give big props for - the last year or two they've been releasing vintage shows on CD/Vinyl/DVD/Blu-ray at the rate of about 5 per year. The early 70's Mick Taylor era shows are fantastic.
My last show was in 2002, the Licks tour. No Doubt opened, which was an odd choice. I remember nobody was even paying attention to them besides me and my friend. :lol:
I lucked out on the day of the show with floor seats for about $100 each. It wasn't a lottery, just a price reduction to sell the tickets, I guess. Whatever it was, I logged on to Ticketmaster at the right time. This was the tour that had the side stage where Keith did some oldies. At one point, my friend and I got pretty close to the stage. I think I even saw Mick's diamond in his tooth glitter in the light.
I found a setlist:
Brown Sugar
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
Start Me Up
Don't Stop
Tumbling Dice
Shattered
Angie
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Midnight Rambler
Love Train
--- Introductions
Slippin' Away (Keith)
You Don't Have to Mean It (Keith)
Sympathy for the Devil
When The Whip Comes Down (B-stage)
Little Red Rooster (B-stage)
You Got Me Rocking (B-stage)
Gimme Shelter
Honky Tonk Women
Street fighting Man
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Satisfaction (encore
Keith's set on the B stage was the highlight for me. Slipping Away and You Don't Have to Mean It were amazing too! The crowd loved it and really showed their appreciation. Keith was in his element and soaking up the love.

I really want to get a few of those vintage shows. :cool:

Squee

#4317 Post by Squee » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:45 pm

I was wondering how much ticket prices were for your area.
They were even more here! That price would have got you front row in a section in the back of the stadium nowhere near the stage.
I passed too as much as I would have loved to go ...

In other news I am annoyed today that one 5th grade common core math problem took three adults and two 5th graders approximately 40 minutes to solve.
:crazy:
Someone pass the wine :drink:

Jasper

#4318 Post by Jasper » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:56 pm

More funny than annoying, but my work schedule changed due to Veteran's Day, and apparently this disoriented me to the point that I was convinced that today (Saturday) was Sunday. I went so far as to put out my trash and recycling as I normally would on a Sunday. I had to stealthily go and retrieve it before any neighbors noticed. :lol:

esqfool

#4319 Post by esqfool » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:54 pm

So I got offered/foisted upon me a new position at work in March. I did double work pretty much all of March to May. So now my new position is pretty chill, lots of high profile projects, but very little direction whatsoever. I pretty much am a jack of all trades, and master of none b/c I'm bouncing from project to project. So the guys I started with 2 years ago in February, now they get promoted, but I don't. So I think there's going to be some drama at work very soon. I'm not jealous of the guys at all, they deserve it and are qualified. My whole gripe is, so if I turn down this new position, do I then get promoted now? And why was this such a good opportunity again? Also, factor in I'm essentially replacing my boss who's been there 10 years and holds me to her standards. I don't want to quit this place, but I just might have to go as far as going on interviews to get them to do anything.

Artemis

#4320 Post by Artemis » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:39 am

esqfool wrote:So I got offered/foisted upon me a new position at work in March. I did double work pretty much all of March to May. So now my new position is pretty chill, lots of high profile projects, but very little direction whatsoever. I pretty much am a jack of all trades, and master of none b/c I'm bouncing from project to project. So the guys I started with 2 years ago in February, now they get promoted, but I don't. So I think there's going to be some drama at work very soon. I'm not jealous of the guys at all, they deserve it and are qualified. My whole gripe is, so if I turn down this new position, do I then get promoted now? And why was this such a good opportunity again? Also, factor in I'm essentially replacing my boss who's been there 10 years and holds me to her standards. I don't want to quit this place, but I just might have to go as far as going on interviews to get them to do anything.
A better opportunity will come up for you in the future. Just from that brief description about what you've been doing, I can see you you're flexible and adaptable and a "go to" guy. I think that's a very big advantage in the work world. It may not seem like it to you at this moment, but it is. In your next job performance review or before,talk to your boss about what you want and ask for help/guidance in how to do that.Maybe in the past you haven't communicated your goals clearly enough?? :noclue:

Everybody's Friend

#4321 Post by Everybody's Friend » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:33 am

esqfool wrote:So I got offered/foisted upon me a new position at work in March. I did double work pretty much all of March to May. So now my new position is pretty chill, lots of high profile projects, but very little direction whatsoever. I pretty much am a jack of all trades, and master of none b/c I'm bouncing from project to project. So the guys I started with 2 years ago in February, now they get promoted, but I don't. So I think there's going to be some drama at work very soon. I'm not jealous of the guys at all, they deserve it and are qualified. My whole gripe is, so if I turn down this new position, do I then get promoted now? And why was this such a good opportunity again? Also, factor in I'm essentially replacing my boss who's been there 10 years and holds me to her standards. I don't want to quit this place, but I just might have to go as far as going on interviews to get them to do anything.
They'll bleed you dry man, if you let em....

Pandemonium

#4322 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:13 pm

Too soon?

cricket_bows

#4323 Post by cricket_bows » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:27 pm

Artemis

#4324 Post by Artemis » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:19 pm

Spent $14 on a shitty little umbrella I had to buy from the hair salon this morning. I didn't HAVE TO buy it, but after spending $165 on my hair, I wanted my do to last more than a couple of hours. :mad:

Hype

#4325 Post by Hype » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:56 am

Artemis wrote:Spent $14 on a shitty little umbrella I had to buy from the hair salon this morning. I didn't HAVE TO buy it, but after spending $165 on my hair, I wanted my do to last more than a couple of hours. :mad:
Umbrellas and sunglasses are the worst. You either spend $10-20 on something shitty because you NEED them, and then they break pretty quickly, or you spend a decent amount of money for hopefully decent quality, and either they turn out to be just as shitty (mechanism breaks, pieces fall off), or you lose them.

Just the worst... I have had more pairs of sunglasses and umbrellas than shoes.