Jane's 7-27-91 lollapalooza DVD

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
creep
Site Admin

Re: Jane's 7-27-91 lollapalooza DVD

#141 Post by creep » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:24 am

Krink wrote:
creep wrote:
that's quite an over reaction. i wonder if you really got angry in real life. that would be funny if you did. you really do need a hug i think.

oh yea - you should've seen me trash my laptop over it

do you know what you guys are doing? you're being passive aggressive....you make stupid snide comments, i tell you to blatantly fuck off, and then you act like im the bad guy :lol:

thats bitch shit, fellas - straight up bitch shit - so fuck all 3 of ya :flip:
:heart:

SR

#142 Post by SR » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:33 am

Even back then I never understood the flame culture, never. But when I joined I didn't understand why people used usernames....actually I still don't completely. That's why mine are my initials. It never occurred to me, nor was it appealing to assume some sort of crass persona and trade insults about butt fucking someone's mother. There were just enough people who were interested in the band and other pursuits to keep me around. Shared music, shared lit, shared philosophy, interesting personal musings, comments on people's neighborhoods, world events happening down the street from members, struggles, accomplishments, children born, things of real life. Not everyone likes everyone and for the most part we've learned to just say away from each other civilly. And when it's not civil, and I have been pretty appallingly guilty of this, come back and stand up and say so. :noclue:

Larry B.

#143 Post by Larry B. » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:44 am

I think it has to do with how different was the Internet back then and how it is today. When I first got Internet access, the most fun my friends and I could have was logging in some webchat or forum, creating a "character" and just troll. We were all anonymous and we could be stupid, mean or crude and nobody was really getting hurt. We could convince someone that we were a 16 year old girl (when we were 16 or 17) and set up a date at the local mall or something like that, and it was hilarious. We could say to someone "I know where you live, I'm gonna go tonight and rape your dog" or whatever stupid thing came to our mind and there were literally no victims, it was all anonymous fun.

As the Internet has become more and more a part of "real life", you cannot really do that anymore. It's not fun anymore, for one thing, but there's also almost no chance to remain anonymous. People has also become extremely sensible and, for example, if I say "creep, I know where you live and I'm going to destroy your house", he could sue me for harassment or death threats or who knows what. People go to therapy because they're being "cyber bullied" (i.e., people on Twitter write them mean messages).

In this sense, Adolf and maybe this other fella are like rotting carcasses of an old Internet culture that finds in a few 40-somethings their last hope of surviving.

SR

#144 Post by SR » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:53 am

Ok, and yes I saw that. My point is simply I never understood it. None of that sounded fun to me. I am the oldest one here, I know.....but looking back on my younger, dumber self I don't see myself ever doing that. The only time I engaged, it became very real.....threats to kill my family and such, and I saw the cunt around at shows, etc. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out a solution to it when all I really wanted to do was extinguish the threat.

Others thought it was 'funny'....never got it. Never respected it.

Krink

#145 Post by Krink » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:08 am

creep - if we simply had a misunderstanding, then i apologize and we move on....

67 - whatever dude

larry - just go fuck yourself already and go look for attention somewhere else ok? because you're just stupid - even when you try to appear smart

ok?

ok

Krink

#146 Post by Krink » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:31 am

i just noticed you guys have an ignore feature here, also called "foes"

well i added Larry to it and now i don't see his posts - this is much better :lol:

Mescal

#147 Post by Mescal » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:43 am

Why is everybody fighting?

Pandemonium

#148 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:10 am

Mescal wrote:Why is everybody fighting?
Old habits die hard.

creep
Site Admin

#149 Post by creep » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:20 pm

Krink wrote:creep - if we simply had a misunderstanding, then i apologize and we move on....

67 - whatever dude

larry - just go fuck yourself already and go look for attention somewhere else ok? because you're just stupid - even when you try to appear smart

ok?

ok
yeah probably a misunderstanding. i was just fucking around with the cry and hug thing. i assume kv took it that way. just having registered i can see that you thought i was coming after you i guess. moving on.. :thumb:

JOEinPHX

#150 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:08 pm

Krink wrote:
67 - whatever dude
Totes Magotes. :nod:

maceo

#151 Post by maceo » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:45 am

Hi, Is this still being seeded?
If not, if someone reseeds once I get it I can seed 24/7 on my seedbox for a few months.

creep
Site Admin

#152 Post by creep » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:00 pm

maceo wrote:Hi, Is this still being seeded?
If not, if someone reseeds once I get it I can seed 24/7 on my seedbox for a few months.
:lol: well...this thread is 4 years old. my copy is on dvd and packed away somewhere. maybe someone still has this on their computer??? i doubt it though.

maceo

#153 Post by maceo » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:20 pm

Drama aside...
I'm new to this forum but needless to say a BIG jane's fan.

This show is important because it was the last time they played fast,
But that is my opinion, This show and the Milan show are my Holy Grail's ^_^
I NEED THIS!