how's the tour going?

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Artemis

Re: how's the tour going?

#26 Post by Artemis » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:27 am

Honestly, Etty's singing is no big deal. If you strain to listen to her backup vocals you might hear her. It's not like PF has reworked songs to be duets where she actually sings entire verses. :lol:

Warped

#27 Post by Warped » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:46 am

That's going to be the future.... :lol:

JOEinPHX

#28 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:55 am

Warped wrote:That's going to be the future.... :lol:
Most likely. He'll do the talking thing and she'll sing the high choruses.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#29 Post by Hokahey » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:21 am

Artemis wrote:Honestly, Etty's singing is no big deal. If you strain to listen to her backup vocals you might hear her. It's not like PF has reworked songs to be duets where she actually sings entire verses. :lol:
Exactly. And she's singing backup with two other people.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#30 Post by Hokahey » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:22 am

kv wrote:etty is singing and hoka is back on the perry train lawl
I'm just not sure what's more annoying - people like Mike who blindly love or some of the people here who blindly hate.

JOEinPHX

#31 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:45 am

i still like the new album

7/10 :rockon:

bman

#32 Post by bman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:54 am

I'd say the tour is going VERY well. Some nights will obviously be better than others. That's how it always is. The venues are pretty much full and no one's leaving early. Perry isn't wearing liberace clothes and the set lists are pretty good. Enjoy it while you can. A new album and a new tour..These are very good days indeed for us Janes fans. :thumb:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#33 Post by Hokahey » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:43 am

bman wrote:I'd say the tour is going VERY well. Some nights will obviously be better than others. That's how it always is. The venues are pretty much full and no one's leaving early. Perry isn't wearing liberace clothes and the set lists are pretty good. Enjoy it while you can. A new album and a new tour..These are very good days indeed for us Janes fans. :thumb:
I mostly agree. The album wasn't embarassing, they are playing theaters, mixing up the set list, brought back the acoustic set, brought back the Casey songs, Perry lost the Liberace gear, and all in all they're putting on a unique show with unique elements that make for a fun night out at a Jane's show unlike one we've had before.

Now, that's a far cry from our dream scenario for this band, but it's also far better than most would have expected at this point. I think these guys deserve a good amount of credit for how many things they've managed to get right with this album and tour.

Eric clearly helped right the ship whether they'd want to admit it or not. This is all better than it was with Strays. What an atrocity that Lolla show was compared to this one.

sonny

#34 Post by sonny » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:03 am

hokahey wrote:
I'm just not sure what's more annoying - people like Mike who blindly love or some of the people here who blindly hate.
i'm not sure either is occurring. i think mike just keeps his mouth shut when he doesn't like something.

i'm asking about the shows, i was thinking of going. it's legitimate weighing of the cons/pros. you shouldn't take it so personally.

i understand getting tired of hearing the same complaints, i get it. it is what it is, ultimately. they've made some small steps as jane's addiction, but it's still clearly not enough.

not enough to pull me out for the show, anyway.

bman

#35 Post by bman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:12 am

I've gone to two. Last night ranks right up there for my favorite shows. It was great. Portland Maine was just so so but still had it's moments. If you like Jane's Addiction,,,,then go to the show! It's as simple as that. They are a great band and put on great shows most of the time.

Artemis

#36 Post by Artemis » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:16 am

sonny wrote:i'm asking about the shows, i was thinking of going. it's legitimate weighing of the cons/pros.
it''s worth checking out for sure. the tickets aren't crazy expensive and it's a fun night out.

you should go. the tabernacle is a great venue. i saw a show there once when i was visiting a couple of friends in georgia.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#37 Post by Hokahey » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:46 am

sonny wrote:
hokahey wrote:
i'm not sure either is occurring. i think mike just keeps his mouth shut when he doesn't like something.

i'm asking about the shows, i was thinking of going. it's legitimate weighing of the cons/pros. you shouldn't take it so personally.

i understand getting tired of hearing the same complaints, i get it. it is what it is, ultimately. they've made some small steps as jane's addiction, but it's still clearly not enough.

It's not just this thread. There's been a lot of negativity regarding this tour and I think it's generally unwarranted, and it's mostly coming from people that haven't attended. I was not "blown away" by the show but I'm not sure I could be without a time machine.

And you're wrong about Mike. Maybe he's changed, but there was a time where Perry could do no wrong.

The man cried when we bashed the Satellite Party album cover for gods sake.

JOEinPHX

#38 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:52 am

hokahey wrote:
Literally?

Hokahey
Site Admin

#39 Post by Hokahey » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:59 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
hokahey wrote:
Literally?
Yes.

JOEinPHX

#40 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:01 am

I wouldn't feel safe around someone like that.

bman

#41 Post by bman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:14 am

I'm not aware of this story??

sonny

#42 Post by sonny » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:46 am

hokahey wrote:
sonny wrote:
hokahey wrote:

It's not just this thread. There's been a lot of negativity regarding this tour and I think it's generally unwarranted, and it's mostly coming from people that haven't attended. I was not "blown away" by the show but I'm not sure I could be without a time machine.

And you're wrong about Mike. Maybe he's changed, but there was a time where Perry could do no wrong.

i gotta say, i just think mike likes perry that much, that just about anything he does, mike would love. i don't think mike is lying, saying he likes this or that, just so perry doesn't get mad at him. mike lies about a lot of shit, but his devotion to perry is a real thing. i don't think it's healthy by any means, especially for a grown ass man, but we all do a lot of unhealthy shit.

i don't mean to rain on anyone's parade. sorry, if i am. :tiphat:

JOEinPHX

#43 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:55 am

It's not just Perry though. He calls up Dark Matter asking Dave questions about shit like the string gauge he fucking used at a show on October 17th 1988. :lol:

It's unhealthy.

tcrock

#44 Post by tcrock » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:01 pm

seriously?, pot/kettle and all that :lol:

Warped

#45 Post by Warped » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:12 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:It's not just Perry though. He calls up Dark Matter asking Dave questions about shit like the string gauge he fucking used at a show on October 17th 1988. :lol:

It's unhealthy.
but funny especially Dave's reactions to it. :lol:

Desri

#46 Post by Desri » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:37 pm

hokahey wrote: It's not just this thread. There's been a lot of negativity regarding this tour and I think it's generally unwarranted, and it's mostly coming from people that haven't attended. I was not "blown away" by the show but I'm not sure I could be without a time machine.
You really think there has been a lot of negativity? I probably won't see any of the shows but I have followed the tour threads with interest and some of the mainstream reviews and it seems overall people are fairly happy with how its going. I mean it seems ANRers are being optimistic, but maybe I am just censoring out the bad comments.

Pandemonium

#47 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:30 pm

Desri wrote:You really think there has been a lot of negativity? I probably won't see any of the shows but I have followed the tour threads with interest and some of the mainstream reviews and it seems overall people are fairly happy with how its going. I mean it seems ANRers are being optimistic, but maybe I am just censoring out the bad comments.

The only guys that are overwhelmingly negative are 6767 (who posts a lot) - and that's really his shtick so no shock there and to a lesser extent Sonny and Larry. Most of the other regulars who been pretty harsh in the past have been very mellow about their opinions on the tour so far. I think Bman(!) has given the roughest review of a show on this tour so far.

blackcoffee

#48 Post by blackcoffee » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Desri wrote:You really think there has been a lot of negativity? I probably won't see any of the shows but I have followed the tour threads with interest and some of the mainstream reviews and it seems overall people are fairly happy with how its going. I mean it seems ANRers are being optimistic, but maybe I am just censoring out the bad comments.

The only guys that are overwhelmingly negative are 6767 (who posts a lot) - and that's really his shtick so no shock there and to a lesser extent Sonny and Larry. Most of the other regulars who been pretty harsh in the past have been very mellow about their opinions on the tour so far. I think Bman(!) has given the roughest review of a show on this tour so far.
Nail on the head.

CaseyContrarian

#49 Post by CaseyContrarian » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:54 pm

I'm negative because they aren't coming to DC (on this "leg"), so I can't go and come back to the boards and be... negative.

Desri

#50 Post by Desri » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:43 pm

I have no problem with people being negative, it just seems on the whole people have been really positive about this tour. That is the only reason I was surprised Hokahey seemed to be saying people were negative towards it, unless I missed some sarcasm on his part.