Re: High Quality YouTube

#2 Post by SR » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:34 am

That was fairly awesome. :rockon:

It looked like Sonny sitting in on Perks kit. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#3 Post by creep » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:41 am

i never noticed that they have the drum tech actually playing chip away with them.

imail724

#4 Post by imail724 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:32 pm

Live Voodoo?

bman

#5 Post by bman » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:05 pm

It's the Austrailia show.

JOEinPHX

#6 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:23 pm

i hate that song. Seriously. haha

Pandemonium

#7 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:03 pm

That clip sums up all that was wrong with the Eric reunion once the NINJA tour started. There's a palpable wall between Eric and the other three guys, everything's being played tuned way too far down, and Perry constantly veers into clownish self-parody.

JOEinPHX

#8 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:01 pm

if he's gonna sing all raspy, i don't know why he doesn't just embrace it. Don't try to sing high with a rasp, just sing low.

Mark Lanegan has made a career out of it.

bman

#9 Post by bman » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:07 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:if he's gonna sing all raspy, i don't know why he doesn't just embrace it. Don't try to sing high with a rasp, just sing low.

:banghead: :banghead: :drink: :drink: :blah: :blah: :blah: :wiggle: :wiggle: :tiphat: :tiphat: :jasper: :jasper: :thumb: :crazy:

sorry! I never post emoticons. But you love to bitch my friend!

bman

#10 Post by bman » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:42 pm

Just kidding.

creep
Site Admin

#11 Post by creep » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:43 pm

bman wrote:Just kidding.
no you aren't. i think he would be the first to admit that he loves to bitch.

imail724

#12 Post by imail724 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:20 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:if he's gonna sing all raspy, i don't know why he doesn't just embrace it. Don't try to sing high with a rasp, just sing low.

Mark Lanegan has made a career out of it, Perry hasn't. It'd be one thing if he did that for new songs, but it wouldn't make sense for the old ones, and for what it's worth, I thought this performance was pretty good.

JOEinPHX

#13 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:34 pm

bman wrote:

:banghead: :banghead: :drink: :drink: :blah: :blah: :blah: :wiggle: :wiggle: :tiphat: :tiphat: :jasper: :jasper: :thumb: :crazy:

Who's bitching? I'm just saying, he should embrace where his voice is instead of trying to fight it. I said the same thing before TGEA came out when someone posted some cover song he did with Peter Murphy's band. He sounded good when he just stayed low.

creep
Site Admin

#14 Post by creep » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:39 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
bman wrote:

Who's bitching? I'm just saying, he should embrace where his voice is instead of trying to fight it. I said the same thing before TGEA came out when someone posted some cover song he did with Peter Murphy's band. He sounded good when he just stayed low.
he did get a hernia from singing recently so i guess the guy is trying but he just can't sustain his voice on tour.

CaseyContrarian

#15 Post by CaseyContrarian » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:54 pm

Pandemonium wrote:That clip sums up all that was wrong with the Eric reunion once the NINJA tour started. There's a palpable wall between Eric and the other three guys, everything's being played tuned way too far down, and Perry constantly veers into clownish self-parody.
Yep. I almost walked out at the NIN/JA show I saw. Utterly heartbreaking. The Vibes show was infinitely better.

creep
Site Admin

#16 Post by creep » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:05 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:
Yep. I almost walked out at the NIN/JA show I saw.
come on now. no one believes that.

CaseyContrarian

#17 Post by CaseyContrarian » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:45 pm

creep wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:
Truth. It broke my fucking heart. Perry was in full Liberace mode, and I think they were tuned down the full step, which just sounded like shit. I hung out with them backstage before the show for at least an hour, so I was really hoping it would be good. I actually did leave early, as a matter of fact, during Summertime Rolls (second-to-last song).

I was depressed for days.

nausearockpig

#18 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:16 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:
creep wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:
Truth. It broke my fucking heart. Perry was in full Liberace mode, and I think they were tuned down the full step, which just sounded like shit. I hung out with them backstage before the show for at least an hour, so I was really hoping it would be good. I actually did leave early, as a matter of fact, during Summertime Rolls (second-to-last song).

How did u get to hang with them? I want real details.

Larry B.

#19 Post by Larry B. » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:44 am

creep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
bman wrote:

he did get a hernia from singing recently
!

CaseyContrarian wrote:Perry was in full Liberace mode, and I think they were tuned down the full step, which just sounded like shit.
In fact, I think they went down 3 semitones at some point. By then, Eric's bass could've easily been used as a bow. It was awful.

JOEinPHX

#20 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:00 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:
:jerkit:

blackula

#21 Post by blackula » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:07 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:
creep wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:

I hear ya. I was looking forward to the Jone's Beach Ninja show and I thought they blew. I think my seats and Jone's Beach being a wind swirl shit box contributed, but Perry sounded the worst I've ever seen. I went to lolla that year and he sounded much better. He was on fire at Irving Plaza this past October. I don't see how he can sustain a whole tour at this point, way too hit and miss.

bman

#22 Post by bman » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:10 pm

Strange. I was 5th row at Jones Beach for Ninja and thought it was one of the better Janes shows I've seen.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#23 Post by Hokahey » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:13 pm

KC Ninja show was great. Perry hasnt been on top of his game for awhile, but it was as good a Jane's show in a venue that size could have been.

I did leave as soon as Jane Says started. I've heard it a million times and wanted to beat the traffic.

I had fun though. Got way too stoned during NIN and the strobe lights were eating my brain though. By the time Jane's came on I was feeling better.

JOEinPHX

#24 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:14 pm

I thought the band sounded fine in Pittsburgh, Perry was the problem. He wasn't singing any of the songs with their original melodies, and the majority of the time he didn't even sing.... he just did that crooning talk thing.

If the band is going to downtune for his vocal range, he should at least sing. If he's just going to talk, then what does it fucking matter what key they are in? They shouldn't have compromised their sound when he doesn't give 100% onstage anyway.

I really wish Eric had followed through with his idea to do a band with himself, Dave, Perk, and Trent Reznor. Even though Trent has blown his voice from 20 straight years of yelling, he's at least found ways of making it work live.

bman

#25 Post by bman » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Some nights are better than others. That's just the way it is.