Eric Tweet

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
SR

Re: Eric Tweet

#51 Post by SR » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:41 pm

Not a tweet, but a there's a response on fb to one of our more verbose east coast posters from here I presume pertaining to procrastination and perfectionism....

Essence_Smith

#52 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:01 pm

So let me get this straight guys...everyone here is allowed to knock Jane's Addiction but Eric can't? You guys are the fuckin greatest... :crazy:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#53 Post by Hokahey » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:29 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:So let me get this straight guys...everyone here is allowed to knock Jane's Addiction but Eric can't? You guys are the fuckin greatest... :crazy:
Do you just show up every few days to make a post about how horrible/stupid/lame we are?

Because that's a pretty tired little act.

If you don't see the difference between a former band mate bashing a band and their fans doing it then I'm not sure what to tell you.

sonny

#54 Post by sonny » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:22 pm

this thread is overblown. it was a funny comment and truthful in comparison to what jane's addiction was at one time.

i think it's ok to speak yr mind regardless. dave and stephen know it's a watered down version of jane's addiction. perry is the only one that thinks it's superior.

Essence_Smith

#55 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:41 am

hokahey wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:So let me get this straight guys...everyone here is allowed to knock Jane's Addiction but Eric can't? You guys are the fuckin greatest... :crazy:
Do you just show up every few days to make a post about how horrible/stupid/lame we are?

Because that's a pretty tired little act.

If you don't see the difference between a former band mate bashing a band and their fans doing it then I'm not sure what to tell you.
Yes...I occupy these boards for the sole purpose of criticizing you guys... :eyes:

All I can really say is, if it doesn't apply, let it fly...I just found it ironic that everyone and their mother that visits these boards can knock em, but the former bandmate that had NOTHING to say for many years speaks his mind via sonny's interviews or a tweet here or there and people have an issue...and if you wanna talk about people with "tired little acts" we could bring up quite a few people that post here regularly...anywho the hypocrisy here at times can be quite unsettling...and for the record I actually like some people here a lot, just not when they talk about Jane's Addiction...THAT is a tired act... :wink:

Pandemonium

#56 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:02 am

Essence_Smith wrote:...and for the record I actually like some people here a lot, just not when they talk about Jane's Addiction...THAT is a tired act... :wink:
Indeed. We should be talking more about Panic Channel.

Essence_Smith

#57 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:15 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:...and for the record I actually like some people here a lot, just not when they talk about Jane's Addiction...THAT is a tired act... :wink:
If the artists currently calling themselves Jane's Addiction gave us ANYTHING good to talk about it'd be all gravy, but the point is they do the things they do and look like idiots at times and it in turn makes us all look like idiots talking about how idiotic they are...fact of the matter is and we all KNOW it, most of us barely occupy this space to talk about JA, and all BS aside I admire the opinions people have here on a LOT of other things, but NOT Jane's...and I really don't care who has a problem with me saying so either...

Artemis

#58 Post by Artemis » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:33 am

At least Eric's comment isn't making international headlines like Sammy Hagar's comments about the newest VH album. It's funny how the news pieces also mention that he is about to release a new rum too. How convenient.

Essence_Smith

#59 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:39 am

At this point I think the guys in the JA camp should be happy that anyone has anything to say about em...

creep
Site Admin

#60 Post by creep » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:07 pm

Artemis wrote:At least Eric's comment isn't making international headlines like Sammy Hagar's comments about the newest VH album. It's funny how the news pieces also mention that he is about to release a new rum too. How convenient.
oh great..now you are making sure every thread has a van halen reference too.

creep
Site Admin

#61 Post by creep » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:09 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
If the artists currently calling themselves Jane's Addiction gave us ANYTHING good to talk about it'd be all gravy, but the point is they do the things they do and look like idiots at times and it in turn makes us all look like idiots talking about how idiotic they are...fact of the matter is and we all KNOW it, most of us barely occupy this space to talk about JA, and all BS aside I admire the opinions people have here on a LOT of other things, but NOT Jane's...and I really don't care who has a problem with me saying so either...
yeah they recorded a new album and are doing a theater tour. what dicks.

Japhy

#62 Post by Japhy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:27 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:I just found it ironic that everyone and their mother that visits these boards can knock em
Wait, what?! My mother posts here? Who is it... Artemis, Warped? Hope it's not Romeo as she really dislikes Jane's right now and i'd expect more from my own mother.

Essence_Smith

#63 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:50 pm

creep wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
Pot stirrer turned moderator you know very well what I'm referring to...stop playing yourself...if we each had a dollar for every bit of complaining that takes place in the section we'd all be rich enough to hire Jane's to play in our backyard...

creep
Site Admin

#64 Post by creep » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:
creep wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
Pot stirrer turned moderator you know very well what I'm referring to...stop playing yourself...if we each had a dollar for every bit of complaining that takes place in the section we'd all be rich enough to hire Jane's to play in our backyard...
we all know that most of the complaining here is done by you about the people here. :essence:

Essence_Smith

#65 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:00 pm

:bs:
You KNOOOOOWWWW that some bull ass shit right there my dude... :lolol:

Artemis

#66 Post by Artemis » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:09 pm

creep wrote:
Artemis wrote:At least Eric's comment isn't making international headlines like Sammy Hagar's comments about the newest VH album. It's funny how the news pieces also mention that he is about to release a new rum too. How convenient.

I got my back against the record machine. :noclue:

Pandemonium

#67 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:30 pm

Artemis wrote:
creep wrote:

I got my back against the record machine. :noclue:
My work is done.

Leto

#68 Post by Leto » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:27 pm

5:20 PM - 26 Feb 12
Eric tweeted this, maybe he should just take over Chaney's twitter acct.

i wasnt actually...oh nevermind. RT @Nayrb_Shannon: @ericavery So wonderful to see you play in columbus you are beautiful all around :-)

JOEinPHX

#69 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:41 pm

That guy is an idiot. He only signed up for twitter so he could kiss the ass of the members of Jane's Addiction.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#70 Post by Hokahey » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:09 pm

The cult of Eric is really annoying. I respect Eric, I really do, and I think it's not completely Jane's Addiction without him. But

A. Perry has put together some good ideas this tour without him.

B. Most people at these shows have no idea the original bass player isn't there and couldnt give a shit. I know its a personal thing for him, but its not like his grandstanding has accomplished much except the admiration of people that would praise him regardless.

Plus, at least Perry and the rest of the them are touring the country, on stage each night receiving a raucous reception from their fans while Eric sits in his basement making mostly inaccessible music no matter how much of his integrity he keeps by making it.

It just seems to me that he'd be doing better for himself and the fans by participating. He could have helped turn TGEA in to a great record IMO, and I wouldnt have thought much different about the show I saw whether he was there or the perfectly capable Chaney.

I wrote a much maligned and mocked article called "Eric Who?" back in the day after seeing Chaney play his ass off at a Jane's show in KC in '03, and hyperbole aside, I still stand by my contention that Chaney is a very capable fill in live. Where they miss Eric is on the record, but Perry released I like Em Big the day of Jane's performance at Lolla so Eric took his ball and went home.

In the grand scheme of things, who gives a shit except us? Was Rollingstone beating down his door to find out why he left Jane's again?

Larry B.

#71 Post by Larry B. » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:42 pm

Leto wrote:5:20 PM - 26 Feb 12
Eric tweeted this, maybe he should just take over Chaney's twitter acct.

i wasnt actually...oh nevermind. RT @Nayrb_Shannon: @ericavery So wonderful to see you play in columbus you are beautiful all around :-)
:lol:

Same thing happened last year. I'm pretty sure Eric gets a kick our of this confusion and he KNOWS that there are people, not only us, who think/know he's irreplaceable in Jane's.

Chaney can play, for sure. It has nothing to do with him. Eric could be playing in this tour and it would be just as good and just as bad. It's Perry the one fucking things up, basically.

ThenSheDid

#72 Post by ThenSheDid » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:01 pm

"It's Perry the one fucking things up, basically."

Exactly.

tvrec

#73 Post by tvrec » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:27 pm

Eric's "nevermind" is well placed.

Cheney is, technically, great, better than Avery (again, technically speaking). At the same time I don't think I can say that it doesn't make a difference if Avery or Cheney is playing. The rhythms each serves up differ, despite notes being the same.

blackcoffee

#74 Post by blackcoffee » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:12 am

I saw Jane's tour Ritual. I've seen Jane's without Eric. Chaney does a good enough job, but there is not the same vibe.

I'll see Jane's this tour. I'm not a part of the cult of Eric, but I respect his decision to not be a part of this thing.

Deconstruction

#75 Post by Deconstruction » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:25 am

When it comes to Eric's involvement it's hard to say. They're going to keep Jane's Addiction going regardless of what he does, and outside of maybe 500 people on the internet nobody has a clue/gives a shit that he isn't there, they just see Jane's Addiction and think that's it you know. So it's not like him not being there proves a point or benefits the Jane's legacy at all, but people don't care. On one hand I wish he would have toughed it out and stayed, it would have made TGEA better, but on the other hand I get why he wouldn't want to play with a guy who lip syncs and uses backing tracks. I do wish he would have stayed on and made a record, and then quit if he was still unhappy.