Ink Master

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Warped

Re: Ink Master

#21 Post by Warped » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:55 am

:lol: Indeed

Well, my two faves are still in....that's good.

creep
Site Admin

#22 Post by creep » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:03 pm

i am really liking this show. :conf: the only cheesy thing is when they say "you are not the inkmaster". i guess you have to have a "you're fired" type of catch phrase.

shane is by far the best there. i was watching that episode and right before they kicked one of the fat dudes off they ran the commercial showing the final three.

Warped

#23 Post by Warped » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:29 pm

creep wrote:i am really liking this show. :conf: the only cheesy thing is when they say "you are not the inkmaster". i guess you have to have a "you're fired" type of catch phrase.

shane is by far the best there. i was watching that episode and right before they kicked one of the fat dudes off they ran the commercial showing the final three.
"you don't have what i takes to be an inkmaster" ..to be exact :lol: Yes, Dave said it's prerecorded and when lea was kicked out he wanted or said something else but in the end it was cut out and they put that standard phrase in. :lol:

My fave is Tommy but Shane is pretty damm good also.

JOEinPHX

#24 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:13 pm

"Lea, you are not the Ink Master, but you can be master of my cock" is what he was going for.

Matz

#25 Post by Matz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:35 am

I just noticed today that my town got it's first tattoo shop ever! Oh yeah :rockon:

Romeo

#26 Post by Romeo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:07 pm

I just found out that guy Tommy's shop is in my town.
About 3 miles from my house

What a small world

sonny

#27 Post by sonny » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:22 pm

i don't particularly like the the show, but it's interesting to know what experienced tattoo artists look for in a good tattoo. there were a few tattoos i thought were good until they pointed out what was wrong with them. so it's great to get an insight from real artists.

the whole competition is silly to me. $100,000 seems like a small prize to me, if you were a good enough artist to win, you are probably already making that much a year.

and dave seems so unnatural on the show. he seems stiff and scripted, where the other guys seems like they are giving real opinions.

Artemis

#28 Post by Artemis » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:32 pm

sonny wrote: $100,000 seems like a small prize to me, if you were a good enough artist to win, you are probably already making that much a year.

and dave seems so unnatural on the show. he seems stiff and scripted, where the other guys seems like they are giving real opinions.
i agree with that.

i do like the show more than i thought i would. i think it's for the learning aspect too.

the judge, oliver peck, with the toothpick in his mouth annoys me. not him, but that toothpick!

Warped

#29 Post by Warped » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:56 pm

Artemis wrote:
the judge, oliver peck, with the toothpick in his mouth annoys me. not him, but that toothpick!
Exactly, i can only stare at that thing when he is talking. :eyes: :lol:

Yeah, Dave does come along a bit strange. Totally different from when you hear him talking on DM.. It also appears that a lot of stuff has been cut out.

The tattoo critique is indeed interesting and i checked mine after the show a bit more in detail ..lol.. I wonder what the tattooed people think after they heart the critiques.

creep
Site Admin

#30 Post by creep » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:37 pm

Artemis wrote:
sonny wrote: $100,000 seems like a small prize to me, if you were a good enough artist to win, you are probably already making that much a year.

i agree with that.

i do like the show more than i thought i would. i think it's for the learning aspect too.

it's not about the 100K it's about all the business you will now get from being on the show. i bet the final few guys will make double whet they were making.

Leto

#31 Post by Leto » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:39 pm

creep wrote:
Artemis wrote:

i agree with that.

it's not about the 100K it's about all the business you will now get from being on the show. i bet the final few guys will make double whet they were making.
Yep, the smart ones will.

sonny

#32 Post by sonny » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:55 pm

creep wrote:
Artemis wrote:

i agree with that.

that's true. of course if yr the guy putting his time of birth in everyone's clock, you may lose some. :lol:

Artemis

#33 Post by Artemis » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:21 pm

creep wrote:
Artemis wrote:

i agree with that.

yes, that's an excellent point.i'm sure they could never pay a PR firm to give them the kind of publicity they are getting now for free.

Hype

#34 Post by Hype » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:25 pm

It's fucking Top Chef with Dave as Padma. :confused:

Romeo

#35 Post by Romeo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:22 pm

Well I saw that guy Tommy already charges $200 an hour. My tattoo artist who is equally taleńted charges $100 an hour.
So how much more could this guy Tommy charge from the exposure from the show?? :noclue:

JOEinPHX

#36 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:06 am

Romeo wrote:Well I saw that guy Tommy already charges $200 an hour. My tattoo artist who is equally taleńted charges $100 an hour.
So how much more could this guy Tommy charge from the exposure from the show?? :noclue:
He won't charge more, he will just have a longer line of people.

Right now, if he's a great artist, he probably has his calendar full a month out. With the exposure from the show, he might have the next 6 months booked.

wally

#37 Post by wally » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:05 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:It's fucking Top Chef with Dave as Padma. :confused:
brilliantly observant.

wally

#38 Post by wally » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:09 am

Romeo wrote:Well I saw that guy Tommy already charges $200 an hour. My tattoo artist who is equally taleńted charges $100 an hour.
he wont charge more per hour, he'll just have something like a 1500 dollar minimum with a 500 dollar deposit. like these dudes, most of whom are WAYYYY better than anyone on that show.

http://www.lowridertattoostudios.com/?page_id=24
just look at Jose for example.

kv

#39 Post by kv » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:00 pm

keep in mind every tat on the show has been time based and rushed

wally

#40 Post by wally » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:31 pm

kv wrote:keep in mind every tat on the show has been time based and rushed
part of being an "ink master" (god that sounds so stupid) is knowing what you can do in a certain amount of time.

Hype

#41 Post by Hype » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:46 pm

Just like a top chef. :dunce:

wally

#42 Post by wally » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:15 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:Just like a top chef. :dunce:
:lol:

kv

#43 Post by kv » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:00 pm

wally wrote:
kv wrote:keep in mind every tat on the show has been time based and rushed
part of being an "ink master" (god that sounds so stupid) is knowing what you can do in a certain amount of time.
my point was i doubt you are seeing anyones best work to compare to others outside of the show

creep
Site Admin

#44 Post by creep » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:58 pm

i think shane deserved the win. i didn't really like tommy's 12hr tattoo but his other one looked good. overall this was a pretty good show. i'm shocked i liked it.

kv

#45 Post by kv » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:08 pm

ya just watched it shane was best start to finish did think tommy might have pulled it out last minute though...good show i have zero ink but it was interesting