Ink Master

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
creep
Site Admin

Re: Ink Master

#176 Post by creep » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:09 am

sarah lost a lot of weight. clickie probably doesn't like her anymore.

i didn't like any of the final pieces also. sarah should have done a back piece. steve was the best of the three though. i felt bad for the old woman that had to get sebastians creepy tattoo on her back.

jamie came off as a dick on the finale.

kv

#177 Post by kv » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:09 am

ya the final was weeks after he was kicked...get over it

as for the show i think they crowned the right person both seasons

Artemis

#178 Post by Artemis » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:31 am

I preferred the first season. The show was less sensational than this year. I mean, less drama, less swearing from the jusdges. I think the judges really came across as dicks this year. And that Oliver with his bloody toothpick in the mouth all the time. :eyes:

clickie

#179 Post by clickie » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:01 am

Dave did a good job last night pacing the live show, i wouldve liked to have seen a few more of the bad tattoo confrontations.

Hype

#180 Post by Hype » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:22 am

Artemis wrote:And that Oliver with his bloody toothpick in the mouth all the time. :eyes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_stage ... e_fixation

clickie

#181 Post by clickie » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:24 am

I cant believe that guy was married to Kat Von D.

JOEinPHX

#182 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:10 pm

I thought Sarah had a good chance to compete, and could have won, not surprised it went to Steve though. He was the favorite from the beginning.

Loved Sarah's over Steve's though. I thought she should have taken it.

With that said though, it should have been Steve, Jaime, and Jesse in the final.

I am glad Sebastian got bounced. He wasn't very good. Just seemed to squeak by every week. But i feel bad for him. Made it to top 3, did his final tattoo, and it wasn't even judged. It was by far the worst of the 3 though.

All in all it was an ok season.

I like that the flash challenge winners could pick everyone else's canvases.

I DID NOT like that the final was live (too many screwups and people freezing up while trying to speak), or that voting bounced one of the final three. That was ridiculous.

I DO like that someone gets a second shot based on voting though. That was cool.

Looking forward to season 3. I just hope Dave cuts his hair before then. The long hair look isn't good on him.

clickie

#183 Post by clickie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:27 pm

I dont understand your logic because youre one of the few people who even liked Sarah's wolf better than jamies.

So if youre judging by report card Sarah did win one challenge but jamie didnt win any.

I'll break it down week by week real quick before I jump in the shower...

1. Tattoo virgins: Jamies was better.

2. Tattoo cover-ups: Pretty close i'd call it a draw.

3. American tradtional: Slight edge to Sarah.

4. New school: Sarah won the challenge even beating Jesse at his own game.

5. Horror tattoo: Sarah's ghoulish jack in the box zombie was better than jamies werewolf.

6. Pin-ups: Jamies football gal put sarahs pin-up to shame.

7. Starwars: Jamies chewy was wicked, but even the judges had sarah's stormtrooper 2nd only behind tatu baby's yoda.

8. Black and grey: Jamie, but not by much.

9. Japanese: Sarahs was one of the best especially compared to jamies fish.

10. Animals: Possibly a tie even though you liked sarah's better.

Final score=
Sarah -- 6, plus she won a challenge to boot.
Jamie -- 3
One draw.

JOEinPHX

#184 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:04 pm

I just wasn't overly impressed with anything she did. A few times I thought she was good. But for the most part, I feel like she shined just enough to surpass others, even though the skill level of others was higher.

Maybe i am just biased because i didn't like her personality.

But like i said, i thought she should have won over steve. Even though Steven was better.

clickie

#185 Post by clickie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:15 pm

Steve should have made the wings flare out more on the guys lats and curve higher to fit the V shape of the shoulders.

Doesnt help that his human canvas was shaped like a pear.

clickie

#186 Post by clickie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:31 pm

That tattoo took 24 hours, but was probably rushed since it was for a competition...

Ive heard of full colored back pieces that take over 200 hours in total to complete.

So my question is, how much do some of the best artists charge per hour?

creep
Site Admin

#187 Post by creep » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:00 pm

clickie wrote:That tattoo took 24 hours, but was probably rushed since it was for a competition...

Ive heard of full colored back pieces that take over 200 hours in total to complete.

about $150 an hr i think?

clickie

#188 Post by clickie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:13 pm

HOLY SHIT!! :yikes:

JOEinPHX

#189 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:02 pm

creep wrote:
clickie wrote:That tattoo took 24 hours, but was probably rushed since it was for a competition...

That's accurate.

A friend of mine flew Cecil Porter in to do a tattoo for him, and it was 150 an hour, minimum of 8 hours.

I think the one he got ended up taking 12.

I couldn't imagine tattooing that long. Or being tattooed that long. Or paying that much for something I can't remove.

Juana

#190 Post by Juana » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:04 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
creep wrote:

That's accurate.

A friend of mine flew Cecil Porter in to do a tattoo for him, and it was 150 an hour, minimum of 8 hours.

I couldn't imagine tattooing that long. Or being tattooed that long. Or paying that much for something I can't remove.
Yeah Oliver charges around that as well unless you know him. Elm Street Tattoo in Dallas has a lot of great artists along with Oliver who owns it. Also a nice little sushi place down the street from it too. :rockon:

creep
Site Admin

#191 Post by creep » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:25 am

Juana wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
creep wrote:

That's accurate.

Yeah Oliver charges around that as well unless you know him. Elm Street Tattoo in Dallas has a lot of great artists along with Oliver who owns it. Also a nice little sushi place down the street from it too. :rockon:
and i'm paying $200 for a 10 minute laser treatment to have two removed. i have had three sessions in the past couple years and need probably three or four more.

JOEinPHX

#192 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:16 pm

creep wrote:
Juana wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
creep wrote:

That's accurate.

and i'm paying $200 for a 10 minute laser treatment to have two removed. i have had three sessions in the past couple years and need probably three or four more.
I paid 300 for a 60 second laser treatment. 10 times so far. Probably need another 2-3. You're getting a bargain.

Matz

#193 Post by Matz » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
creep wrote:

That's accurate.

I thought those top tattooist guys would charge way more than that, I mean it's a lot of money of course but not if you compare it to what a painter at their level get, then it's nothing almost

creep
Site Admin

#194 Post by creep » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:24 pm

Matz wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
creep wrote:

That's accurate.

I thought those top tattooist guys would charge way more than that, I mean it's a lot of money of course but not if you compare it to what a painter at their level get, then it's nothing almost
i'm sure the very best whoever that may be charge more. i looked up what kat von d charges and i assume you would pay a lot because of her fame and not her ability. who knows if it's true but it said that she charges $1000 an hour.

creep
Site Admin

#195 Post by creep » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:26 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:

I paid 300 for a 60 second laser treatment. 10 times so far. Probably need another 2-3. You're getting a bargain.
i am probably being more hopeful about only needing a few more but mine are black ink and were already faded. the actual laser on skin time is about two minutes.

Juana

#196 Post by Juana » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Matz wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
creep wrote:

That's accurate.

Also depends if you know them or not I know a lot of awesome tattoo artists that are big in the industry and they will hook people that they know up and how difficult the tattoo will be.

nausearockpig

#197 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
creep wrote:

That's accurate.

Or see. Without a mirror.

Artemis

#198 Post by Artemis » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:32 pm

Season 3 is starting July 16th. Beside me, will anybody else be wacthing?

I've been getting stuff on my fb newsfeed.

http://www.spike.com/video-collections/ ... d_facebook

kv

#199 Post by kv » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:02 pm

i'll watch again i find it interesting- with or without dave

Juana

#200 Post by Juana » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:19 pm

Being that I'm covered in them I watch it from time to time but its not really that great of a show. All my artist friends hate the show which is kind of funny. Speaking of famous artists Oliver Peck is going to be doing some sugar skulls for me when I head up to Dallas. I was diagnosed with cancer on Día de Muertos of 2010 and this month makes two years cancer free, so the skulls will remind me that anything is possible.