#42 Post by wally » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:15 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:Just like a top chef. :dunce:
:lol:

kv

Re: Ink Master

#43 Post by kv » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:00 pm

wally wrote:
kv wrote:keep in mind every tat on the show has been time based and rushed
part of being an "ink master" (god that sounds so stupid) is knowing what you can do in a certain amount of time.
my point was i doubt you are seeing anyones best work to compare to others outside of the show

creep
Site Admin

#44 Post by creep » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:58 pm

i think shane deserved the win. i didn't really like tommy's 12hr tattoo but his other one looked good. overall this was a pretty good show. i'm shocked i liked it.

kv

#45 Post by kv » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:08 pm

ya just watched it shane was best start to finish did think tommy might have pulled it out last minute though...good show i have zero ink but it was interesting

Juana

#46 Post by Juana » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:45 pm

Yeah it was interesting to see from start to finish but I thought that the last tattoos that Shane and Tommy were definitely the best they killed it. That all said there are lots of talented tattoo artists out there.

Warped

#47 Post by Warped » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:52 am

I so hoped Tommy would make it. He really nailed it with the last tattoos. That back piece was amazing. But Shane deserves it too based on his whole work. Tough decision.

JOEinPHX

#48 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:43 am

i finally watched the finale last night. Glad Shane got it. He was the one who deserved it the most. He's got the most skill. Tommy was right there with him, but there were a few things that made him slightly less impressive.

And James.... I don't understand that guy. He alternates between AMAZING work and just B-tat level shite.

wally

#49 Post by wally » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:16 am

kv wrote:
wally wrote:
part of being an "ink master" (god that sounds so stupid) is knowing what you can do in a certain amount of time.
my point was i doubt you are seeing anyones best work to compare to others outside of the show
why shouldn't it be? because of the time constraint? how do you think a regular tattooer makes appointments? they have an idea of how long a given tattoo will take them. Shane has been tattooing for 14 years, you don't think he knows what he can get done in a given period of time? also, 4 hours is a pretty long session. I think one could make ann argument for the pressure of the show affecting the quality of their work, but not really the time constraint.

Romeo

#50 Post by Romeo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:22 am

what I didn't get was booking to 6 hour sessions back to back. That'll fuck up a tattoo. Why do you think a large piece that takes more than one sitting is booked a few weeks apart?
To allow the skin that was just damaged to heal.
Other wise the ink will end up bleeding

wally

#51 Post by wally » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:29 am

Romeo wrote:what I didn't get was booking to 6 hour sessions back to back. That'll fuck up a tattoo. Why do you think a large piece that takes more than one sitting is booked a few weeks apart?
To allow the skin that was just damaged to heal.
Other wise the ink will end up bleeding
it had been a couple days to a week at least. the parts they had done were healed. editing is like sorcery!

Romeo

#52 Post by Romeo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:15 am

then why was the one client with the shoulder piece complaining about "raw skin"?? :noclue:

When I was getting my cap sleeve done my tattoo artist wouldn't start the shading 2 weeks after the outline because one area was still "scaly" and he was afraid of ink bleed. I doubt even with editing etc....they waited production for 2 weeks.

wally

#53 Post by wally » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:24 am

Romeo wrote:then why was the one client with the shoulder piece complaining about "raw skin"?? :noclue:

When I was getting my cap sleeve done my tattoo artist wouldn't start the shading 2 weeks after the outline because one area was still "scaly" and he was afraid of ink bleed. I doubt even with editing etc....they waited production for 2 weeks.

you answered your own question. you could tell by looking that they were healed, "mostly"
they waited, but not long enough for complete healing.

Romeo

#54 Post by Romeo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:11 pm

I couldn't see close enough to see how healed those tattoo's were :noclue:

kv

#55 Post by kv » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Romeo wrote:then why was the one client with the shoulder piece complaining about "raw skin"?? :noclue:

they also said about one guy that he still had some bruising which has to mean it wasn't the next day

kv

#56 Post by kv » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:24 pm

wally wrote:
kv wrote:
wally wrote:
why shouldn't it be? because of the time constraint? how do you think a regular tattooer makes appointments? they have an idea of how long a given tattoo will take them. Shane has been tattooing for 14 years, you don't think he knows what he can get done in a given period of time? also, 4 hours is a pretty long session. I think one could make ann argument for the pressure of the show affecting the quality of their work, but not really the time constraint.
yeah they make appointments in real life but if the guy that showed up for a little forearm tat showed up and said about this time slot make it a full skullcap everywhere i have hair it's not gonna fit in the time slot just like the show except the artist would tell the guy at his shop not a chance i can do that lets reschedule

JOEinPHX

#57 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:37 pm

i felt bad for Bili's consecutive head tattoos

kind of. all he ever did was complain about wanting to do New School tattoos. Dude, it's fucking "Ink Master", not "New School Tattoo Master"

I hope in the second season there is a "no head tattoos" rule for the human canvases though.

Juana

#58 Post by Juana » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:08 am

Yeah I'm sleeved out on both arms well mostly on my left but the right is sleeved. But I agree with the head tattoos thing just seems like a silly place to get a tattoo and honestly I wouldn't want to go thru that pain for a tattoo on my head... plus aside from like musician, bouncer, bartender or tattoo artist... or that auction guy on Spike you have shit chances at jobs with a head tattoo.

Artemis

#59 Post by Artemis » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:00 pm

When I was on the subway earlier today there was a guy with a really bad forearm tattoo. I wanted to give him an unsolicited critque but decided against it since the guy looked like the type that would hit a woman. :lol:

I had a good view because he was standing in front of me(I was seated) with his jacket off holding the pole. He had on the underside of his forearm "Maria Jorge" in sort of a gothic script in black. The size and spacing of the letters was not uniform at all. The lines were not clean either. There was supposed to be an accent over the 'a' in 'Maria' but it just looked like a blob. Overall a bad tattoo, imo. He had some other ones on his neck but I couldn't see very well.

I learned a lot from Ink Master!

JOEinPHX

#60 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:44 am

i have found myself critiquing people's tattoos as well.

"shitty shading"

"crooked lines"

"bad use of black and grey"

Ridiculous. :lol:

JOEinPHX

#61 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:46 am

Also, Dave tweeted this out a little while ago...
October-ish RT @ReignOfApril: @DaveNavarro Great news! When will we see the next season of #InkMaster?
Looks like he'll probably be shooting the new season in August or September. Probably when the band takes a break so Perry can focus on Lollapalooza :noclue:

Warped

#62 Post by Warped » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:16 am

Didn't he tweet a while ago that filming for the next season will be in June? Whatever.

Romeo

#63 Post by Romeo » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:40 am

since the 2nd tour leg is to the end of May I'm betting that filming won't be till July/August like last year.

JOEinPHX

#64 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:35 am

Warped wrote:Didn't he tweet a while ago that filming for the next season will be in June? Whatever.
oh did he? Sweet.

Tyler Durden

#65 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:57 pm

"Lines that fit the god damn shape!"