Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
JOEinPHX

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#461 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:31 am

Mescal wrote:I m still after ggu on vinyl...
That would be amazing. I want that too.

kv

#462 Post by kv » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:09 pm

was never a huge ggu fan...which makes me happy because that saved me 300 bucks in life lol

about all i still have is that one cool propaganda mag...and my fav silvers and the wax...my non silver book box and 99% of my mags are in the dump lol...well guess i have some posters, handbills, a set list, perks sticks, gojo bags, signed had a dad lol, vooodoo doll,, pfp candles lmfao ya if i put everything together it still looks outa hand....but ya glad i never bought like the test pressings or skateboard or ggu lol :jasper:

is that shocking wax with poster? btw i had to look if my mohini had the insert...it doesn't

fucking bugs in the garage are doing a number on my wax covers...20 years ago i would have cried...yesterday zero fucks given

still love my red wax self titled at one point i wanted every color...glad i stopped at 2... my rarest is prob my polar bear poster that nobody but me cared about to begin with lol

kv

#463 Post by kv » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:54 am

thinking about what i have made me ebay crawl...didn't buy it but don't think i've ever seen this

JOEinPHX

#464 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:07 pm

WSION is still such a rad record.

drifter

#465 Post by drifter » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:28 am

[quote="kv"]thinking about what i have made me ebay crawl...didn't buy it but don't think i've ever seen this

Image[/quote
this is cool. not seen this, thanks for sharing
6767 selection triggered me to relisten to chewing gum too

kv

#466 Post by kv » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:53 am

and had me listening to the 12 inch lol

drifter

#467 Post by drifter » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:14 pm

just got this handbill for $7

drifter

#468 Post by drifter » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:07 am

kv wrote:was never a huge ggu fan...which makes me happy because that saved me 300 bucks in life lol

about all i still have is that one cool propaganda mag...and my fav silvers and the wax...my non silver book box and 99% of my mags are in the dump lol...well guess i have some posters, handbills, a set list, perks sticks, gojo bags, signed had a dad lol, vooodoo doll,, pfp candles lmfao ya if i put everything together it still looks outa hand....but ya glad i never bought like the test pressings or skateboard or ggu lol :jasper:

is that shocking wax with poster? btw i had to look if my mohini had the insert...it doesn't

fucking bugs in the garage are doing a number on my wax covers...20 years ago i would have cried...yesterday zero fucks given

still love my red wax self titled at one point i wanted every color...glad i stopped at 2... my rarest is prob my polar bear poster that nobody but me cared about to begin with lol
i'm into set lists. would ya dare post your pic of The set list? we'll see who can first guess the exact date until you help :cool:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#469 Post by Hokahey » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:54 pm

I sold everything I had in 2005, including this site. :lol:

drifter

#470 Post by drifter » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:50 am

hokahey wrote:I sold everything I had in 2005, including this site. :lol:
well your still around, an a administrator, so your hooks are in:)
define everything! what did you hate to get rid of?

Hokahey
Site Admin

#471 Post by Hokahey » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:03 pm

drifter wrote:
Just all.of the standard boots and vinyl most everyone has/had. Some magazines. Aytographed stuff. The most interesting was some handwritten notes and a bit of Satellite Party art Perry sent me. I don't know that I hated getting rid of any of it. All of the mystique and magic was gone. I've also never been a big collector of much of anything. So I don't tend to keep much random shit for no reason.

drifter

#472 Post by drifter » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:20 am

hokahey wrote:
drifter wrote:
Just all.of the standard boots and vinyl most everyone has/had. Some magazines. Aytographed stuff. The most interesting was some handwritten notes and a bit of Satellite Party art Perry sent me. I don't know that I hated getting rid of any of it. All of the mystique and magic was gone. I've also never been a big collector of much of anything. So I don't tend to keep much random shit for no reason.
cool you know perry enough for him to share some art with you! the only personal thing I have been given by one of the guys is a cloth napkin dave used while I waited on him here at the Bellagio café years ago! I remembering peeps giving me a hard time when I mentioned this on xiola.com

got this poster today. the colors used here knocked my dick in the dirt. my Christmas pres to myself. getting a 2001 Coachella hoodie in a couple days, im giving to my daughter as a stocking stuffer :heart:

13'x19' $15 and its a fo real shizzel

Hokahey
Site Admin

#473 Post by Hokahey » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:50 am

Well...knew Perry. Sort of.

I didn't know the Duke Spirit opened for Jane's. They also opened for BRMC. Their singer is now in a band called Roman Remains. Their singer is really nice. I chatted with her after a Big Black Delta show. She went and got Jonathan Bates just so I could meet him. He was also extremely nice.

creep
Site Admin

#474 Post by creep » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:02 pm

dave's guitar tech tweeted about finding some cool stuff going through janes storage space. there are not many things that i would pay a lot of money for but this is one. it looks like it's a little beat up though.

nausearockpig

#475 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:01 pm

creep wrote:dave's guitar tech tweeted about finding some cool stuff going through janes storage space. there are not many things that i would pay a lot of money for but this is one. it looks like it's a little beat up though.

I wonder who busted that all up .....

JOEinPHX

#476 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:02 pm

I'll bet Etty "accidentally" sat on it.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#477 Post by Hokahey » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:34 pm

What a fucking shame. That should be in a god damn museum somewhere.

intertwoven

#478 Post by intertwoven » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:48 pm

Isn't the story Inger Lorre went nuts busting it up while mad at Perry for some bullshit? Maybe I'm thinking of the Nothing's Shocking sculpture.

Squee

#479 Post by Squee » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:18 am

hokahey wrote:What a fucking shame. That should be in a god damn museum somewhere.
Agreed. A Fucking Shame indeed.
:sad:
My soul hurts seeing this.

kv

#480 Post by kv » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:10 am

intertwoven wrote:Isn't the story Inger Lorre went nuts busting it up while mad at Perry for some bullshit? Maybe I'm thinking of the Nothing's Shocking sculpture.

ya i thought that was the story...NS sculpture and she lopped the heads off as memory serves..or fails

Charles

#481 Post by Charles » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:03 am

WOW!!! I can't believe they found this. I wonder what else is int he JA storage space. The twins perhaps? I have always wanted to see these sculptures in person...

JOEinPHX

#482 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:51 pm

Charles wrote:WOW!!! I can't believe they found this. I wonder what else is int he JA storage space. The twins perhaps? I have always wanted to see these sculptures in person...
If JA ever makes the R&R Hof (they won't) I am sure some of these things would be on display.

But Perry will probably die before then, and Etty will most likely stop paying the bill on the storage space, at which point all this stuff will be dumped into a dumpster.

YAY ETTY!

Everybody's Friend

#483 Post by Everybody's Friend » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:38 am

drifter wrote: the only personal thing I have been given by one of the guys is a cloth napkin dave used while I waited on him here at the Bellagio café years ago! I remembering peeps giving me a hard time when I mentioned this on xiola.com
:lol:

Mescal

#484 Post by Mescal » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:56 pm

intertwoven wrote:Sorry for the plug, but I've got my Jane's 12" promos on eBay right now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231754488908
I'm shooting big, but I'll steadily come down if/when it doesn't sell. If anybody from here is interested (away from eBay), feel free to make an offer.
This is a small white label pressing from 1997. It's the pressing that brought us GGU's only vinyl release (but unfortunately I already sold my copy of that to Sonny years ago). It does include a nice 2LP pressing of Ritual, though.

I also plan to soon put up my original Psi Com LP (with the inserts that you rarely see) and some other stuff, if anybody's interested.

So, did you sell the JA Ritual 2 lp promo?

intertwoven

#485 Post by intertwoven » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:20 pm

Mescal wrote:
intertwoven wrote:Sorry for the plug, but I've got my Jane's 12" promos on eBay right now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231754488908
I'm shooting big, but I'll steadily come down if/when it doesn't sell. If anybody from here is interested (away from eBay), feel free to make an offer.
This is a small white label pressing from 1997. It's the pressing that brought us GGU's only vinyl release (but unfortunately I already sold my copy of that to Sonny years ago). It does include a nice 2LP pressing of Ritual, though.

I also plan to soon put up my original Psi Com LP (with the inserts that you rarely see) and some other stuff, if anybody's interested.

So, did you sell the JA Ritual 2 lp promo?
Still got it. The lot didn't sell at my initial $666 asking price.. no surprise. I've been meaning to relist it cheaper one of these days. With my job ending tomorrow, I'll probably take advantage of my downtime (between looking for a new job) by throwing a bunch of stuff on eBay, including relisting that vinyl lot.