Inger Lorrre

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
thisnameisinuse

Inger Lorrre

#1 Post by thisnameisinuse » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:54 am

This is just about on topic, I think. Does anyone know what the relationships between Inger and the (former) band members is these days? I've been listening to her Transcendental Mediation and the Nymphs self-titled album (both of which are excellent, by the way, for those who haven't heard them) and wondering. Is Perry still sure that she broke his artwork? I'd like to lock her and Eric in a studio.

JOEinPHX

Re: Inger Lorrre

#2 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:42 am

She was on Navarro's radio show a few years ago. I don't recall if it was CFR, SRL, or DM though. But it was around the time she was putting out that solo album of hers. She did some songs acoustic and it was like someone took a cheese grater to a blackboard.

At very least, she is still friends with Dave.

CaseyContrarian

#3 Post by CaseyContrarian » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:58 am

Six7Six7 wrote:She was on Navarro's radio show a few years ago. I don't recall if it was CFR, SRL, or DM though. But it was around the time she was putting out that solo album of hers. She did some songs acoustic and it was like someone took a cheese grater to a blackboard.

At very least, she is still friends with Dave.
I love Inger Lorre. A beautiful, ballsy, clearly insane woman. She had a curious influence on Jeff Buckley, too, in the months leading up to his tragic drowning.

It depresses me that Courtney Love stole Inger's (and Kat Bjelland' s, also nuts) entire schtick and turned it into an endlessly obnoxious career.

Still :heart: you, Inger. Even if you probably really did trash Casey's art.

CaseyContrarian

#4 Post by CaseyContrarian » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:25 pm

This video is awesome. Inger shows you "her fur." Also a young and pissy Dave makes an appearance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15qAIvq_ ... ata_player

Pandemonium

#5 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:29 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:This video is awesome. Inger shows you "her fur." Also a young and pissy Dave makes an appearance.

Is the long haired goth chick Casey?

CaseyContrarian

#6 Post by CaseyContrarian » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:53 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:This video is awesome. Inger shows you "her fur." Also a young and pissy Dave makes an appearance.

Nope. But a Casey wannabe, for sure. Casey was and is far lovelier.

tvrec

#7 Post by tvrec » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:09 am

The women may be Tania, Dave's first "wife." It's been a long time since I have seen a picture of her, but I think that's her...

SR

#8 Post by SR » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:24 pm

One of my favorite punk rock stories is of her when she jumped up on the record execs desk, stood firm, and peed on his desk.....cause comes alive. :rockon:

Lokus

#9 Post by Lokus » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:16 am

CaseyContrarian wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:

Nope. But a Casey wannabe, for sure. Casey was and is far lovelier.
I assume that is whoever Dave was banging at that moment.

brian817

#10 Post by brian817 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:04 am

I've never seen this clip with Dave before.
It really is an important clip because that's the only post-Jane's footage, or even a photo, of Dave before Deconstruction that I've ever seen, plus it shows his mixing board that was probably used to do the demos for Deconstruction.
He still has his dreads so that's easily late '91 or early '92 and that woman definitely was a Casey wanna-be, right down to the purple braid. I have a photo of who I believe is Tania at the 9-26-91 Hawaii show, and she didn't have braids at that time and is kind of hard to tell if that's the same woman, to me.

I need to watch that clip again, but is Inger meaning that she and Dave wrote and recorded the song in the clip? If so, was that song actually released with Dave playing on it?

tvrec

#11 Post by tvrec » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:55 pm

brian817 wrote:I've never seen this clip with Dave before.
It really is an important clip because that's the only post-Jane's footage, or even a photo, of Dave before Deconstruction that I've ever seen, plus it shows his mixing board that was probably used to do the demos for Deconstruction.
He still has his dreads so that's easily late '91 or early '92 and that woman definitely was a Casey wanna-be, right down to the purple braid. I have a photo of who I believe is Tania at the 9-26-91 Hawaii show, and she didn't have braids at that time and is kind of hard to tell if that's the same woman, to me.

I need to watch that clip again, but is Inger meaning that she and Dave wrote and recorded the song in the clip? If so, was that song actually released with Dave playing on it?
I don't think she is saying that Dave played on the song but that she and the nymphs recorded it the day before. Dave looks like he is listening to the song in an appreciative because I am your friend kind of way.

Tyler Durden

#12 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:26 pm

Check out the "discussion" I had with Inger on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

tvrec

#13 Post by tvrec » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:57 am

Tyler Durden wrote:Check out the "discussion" I had with Inger on Facebook:
link takes me to this:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Can you post it here? Or will it be available later?

Tyler Durden

#14 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:11 am

On Facebook recently, someone tagged Inger in the above photo with Perry. I then made the mistake of commenting on it and here's what went down (I can't link directly to it)...

Facebook user #1: Back in the day!

Tyler Durden: Wow, this is like the best picture ever.

Facebook user #2: Ha! Who ya callin Perry? Lolz....two rock stars def up to no good

Facebook user #3: much love to you my friend x Facebook user #3

Inger Lorre: Go get some sleep Facebook user #3!!! Arent u working tomorrow? Just left Costa Rica,...and the 7.9 earthquake!-then-the plane was rerouted cuz we had to go AROUND a fucking VOLCANO that went off in NiCORAGUA!!!! South America is trying to shake this girl up, and doing an EXCELENT job. I saw a REAL Shaman down there. The Magic in the rainforest is POWERFUL and the KARMA is INSTANT!xoxo your friend, INGER

Inger Lorre: Who do you THINK he was calling? DUH. Im looking pretty impatient here as well.......how did we EVER live to tell?

Tyler Durden: I was going to say "555-DOPE".

Facebook user #4: Nice phone, nice hat...get home safe from Costa Rica...x

Facebook user #5: Love this. One of the best shows I ever went to in my life was the New Year's Eve show with The Nymphs and Jane's. Great night.

Facebook user #6: awesome

Inger Lorre: Tyler Durden is a 555 (dope) or MAYBE even a 666-DOPE!

At this point, I'm not really sure what to make of her comment. Is she playing along? Is she insulting me?

Tyler Durden: I'm a 777-DOPE...

The above comments were posted over a number of days. However, everything below was posted within a very short period of time. This is relevant because things eventually get heated and I was trying to balance responding quickly while being diplomatic and not (overly) insulting at the same time.

Facebook user #7: You look so cute, all pouty! xo

Inger Lorre: Yes u REALLY ARE a DOPE! And a DORK To BOOT Tyler!

Tyler Durden: :*(

Now I'm starting to genuinely feel bad because I'm a Nymphs fan and she is pissed off at me.

Inger Lorre: It's shitty to write things about drugs under some other persons photo (in case you werent hip to the social edicits.....a sad face? Come on...did you REALLY think that Perry OR myself would think that,that is FUNNY? And STOP with the SAD faces! Now your making me feel bad! Stay in the positive dude, Say KIND things about people or dont say shit.

Tyler Durden: Jesus...it was a joke.

Inger Lorre: Put a photo of YOU up with a friend talking into the phone...and let ME comment on it...ok? I already have some ideas.

Tyler Durden: Yeah, never mind the fact that my first comment on this pic was "Wow, this is like the best picture ever"...LIGHTEN UP.

Inger Lorre: So that makes it cool? I guess u make fun of CANCER PATIENTS and people with aids TOO! ADDICTION is a fucking DISEASE! I lost 20 YEARS of my life to!!! AND I DONT THINK THAT 777-DOPE is funny! IT'S IDIOTIC! Why dont you EDUCATE YOURSELF about substance abuse...so you dont have to make a FOOL of yourself on facebook AGAIN! And P.S. ALOT of the People that made those 777-DOPE Calls ARENT WITH US ANYMORE!.........DUH. How stupid and Tacky can someone be.

Tyler Durden: Educate myself? I have a university degree in psychology (check my profile) and plan on doing my masters in psych as well, hence I know plenty about mental health and addiction. If I had known you were deadly serious with your first response, I never would have made the 777 comment (What can I say, I like Danzig). It was a joke (or in this case, a faux pas) that you have blown WAY out of proportion.

Inger Lorre: AHA! I KNEW IT! ALL "counselors" shrinks and psychologists are all in it NOT TO HELP OTHERS....but to figure out thier OWN PSYCHOSIS!!! I KNEW IT! I KNEW it! And you must have been smoking too much weed in between classes, because you obviously did'nt retain much KNOWLEGE.I lost my FIANCE' to this fuckin disease..PERRY lost his lover to it XIOLA BLUE....what ever...you just "DONT GET IT" do you..... Have your Fiance' or loved one die from a hideous SLOW acting disease of denial....and i will say....so your loved one is dead! OH WELL DUDE-and HERES some PROFESSIONAL "shrink" advice (because u DO have a degree and know everything)-LIGHTEN UP! ..........WONDERFUL advice! Wow. I thank u for your "insight"

Tyler Durden: I made one little joke. I know next to nothing about you, hence I'm not judging you or assuming I know anything about you (nor should you with regard to me). Perry Farrell has made a number of jokes (publicly) over the years about being a rock n' roll junkie...so I didn't think my comment would strike a negative chord. I'm sorry.

Inger Lorre: Really...so....you think Perry would think that comment u made FUNNY? Um....u obviously DONT know perry....Please...give it a REST and think before u write stupid captions under actual photos of people calling "the man" it's embaressing ENOUGH that our deeds were somehow caught in pictures and put up on the Internet for people like you to OBVIOUSLY RELISH and poke sick fun at.
For christs sake im DRINKING a BEER THRU a STRAW cuz i CANT WAIT. Your comment was too OBVIOUS...not funny, and frankly ...rude.

Tyler Durden: I sincerely apologized...I don't have anything else to say.

What I think is hilarious is that she's totally playing the victim in her last comment. Why is she allowing people to tag her in pics where she is trying to score drugs if she doesn't want anyone to acknowledge her dirty deeds of the past? She sounds like the kind of chick who wears a short skirt with the bottom of her ass exposed and then when guys notice, she gets pissed. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#15 Post by creep » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:20 pm

wow :lol:

tvrec

#16 Post by tvrec » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:55 pm

Thanks, Tyler, for sharing this exchange. Crazy stuff indeed.

CaseyContrarian

#17 Post by CaseyContrarian » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:12 pm

I feel bad for Inger. But I still like her, cuz she's the REAL Courtney Love. No play acting.

Plus this pic is pretty awesome.

Tyler Durden

#18 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:41 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:I feel bad for Inger. But I still like her, cuz she's the REAL Courtney Love. No play acting.

Courtney Love acting? Gimme a break. She was always a nutter and has had to live with the grief of having lost her husband to suicide...compounded with a ton of morons calling her a murderer. Her crazy is no act.

Artemis

#19 Post by Artemis » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:40 am

I just checked out her FB page and she has a bunch pics of a squirrel she calls NUTZ. :lol:

This is him eating peanut butter off a plastic knife.

nausearockpig

#20 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:45 am

That whole FB convo was mental. Fuuuuck.....

Pandemonium

#21 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:08 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:I feel bad for Inger. But I still like her, cuz she's the REAL Courtney Love. No play acting.

Courtney Love acting? Gimme a break. She was always a nutter and has had to live with the grief of having lost her husband to suicide...compounded with a ton of morons calling her a murderer. Her crazy is no act.
Fuck Courtney Love.

Tyler Durden

#22 Post by Tyler Durden » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:46 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

Fuck Courtney Love.
Hate her all you want...I'm just simply saying that her psycho demeanour is not an act. I find her totally obnoxious and can't stand the crap that comes out of her mouth; that being said, I think she's made some amazing records. On the other hand, a guy like Dave Grohl may be a nice dude who gets along with everyone but his music is as boring as a pair of khakis.

SR

#23 Post by SR » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:49 am

CL is a savvy manipulative creature whose behavior is often calculated for personal advancement whereas IL's insanity is beyond her control with no agenda.

Tyler Durden

#24 Post by Tyler Durden » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 am

SR wrote:CL is a savvy manipulative creature whose behavior is often calculated for personal advancement whereas IL's insanity is beyond her control with no agenda.
I totally agree that CL appears to be manipulative, etc in order for personal gain...but that doesn't make her any less unstable and mentally ill.

CaseyContrarian

#25 Post by CaseyContrarian » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:00 pm

SR wrote:CL is a savvy manipulative creature whose behavior is often calculated for personal advancement whereas IL's insanity is beyond her control with no agenda.
This.