JANE'S ADDICTION - FIXED

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Larry B.

Re: JANE'S ADDICTION - FIXED

#76 Post by Larry B. » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:40 am

So, it was serious. I think that's what can make sound like a kook... That'd be like Miggy posting his cover of Summertime Rolls and saying "I hope this proves that I know more about playing bass than that jerkoff Mike Watt. I mean, seriously, who the fuck is that guy anyway? Have you heard of a little thing called A RAZOR? Shave that face, for fucks sake. Anyway, my phone number is 555-JANE-O-MIG".

As a foreign stranger who respects your attempt but unfortunately didn't enjoy the end product, I'd suggest moving on. Hey, maybe keep doing your thing and try to create something good out of Strays. The TGEA remix was an experiment; it didn't work out well with (at least part of its) audience (namely, ANR and Jane's Addiction); you can learn from that (either in regards to the music or in regards to the audience) and try something different.

People usually forget that it's ok to fail :noclue:

trevor ayer

#77 Post by trevor ayer » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:10 am

well thanks for the tip larry .. i will be sure to ignore it :bigrin: .. i really don't see my fun little effort as a failure at all .. yup there are some people on here that did not dig it which is fine .. but i got quite a lot of people checking it out and then downloading the full record .. i even think dave might have checked it out if i am reading my stats correctly .. but most of all .. i really like my remix .. which makes it a success and not a fail ... i didn't think the anr crowd would give it a real shot .. and i was right .. it was a personal project so that i would have a new janes record i could enjoy .. you all wanted to hear it so i tried to make it a little more professional looking but it was really only intended for me .. so i could enjoy my favorite band again ... even thru all the relentless mockery there were positive remarks .. even from six7six7 and casey .. a lot of people sent me very positive private notes about the IF remix which was the only one that I had source material for .. i am really proud of that one ... people who are not into janes very much tend to like my refix better than TGEA ... in fact they don't like TGEA at all, but really dig a lot of what i did .. where as people who like TGEA tend to notice the edits and "missing" parts of the song .. i don't think my FIXED record is professional enough to be taken seriously .. but i think there are a lot of good ideas that improve the songs and are edited well enough to make it a good listen for the average disgruntled janes fan .. if i ever got the multi trax to the full record i might try harder .. or not .. but thanks for checking it out .. i am flattered that people were even interested :bigrin:

JOEinPHX

#78 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:13 am

Please.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#79 Post by Hokahey » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:15 am

Six7Six7 wrote:Image

Please.
I was tempted yesterday, but then decided to reopen the can of worms instead. :lol:

trevor ayer

#80 Post by trevor ayer » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:33 am

so an actual janes related thread with an ongoing discussion heavily contributed to by people other than me and u want to lock it? ... how about if hoka and 67 just stop posting on my thread and let it do its own thing instead of trying to kill it out of spite

Larry B.

#81 Post by Larry B. » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:41 am

READY
10 GRAPHICS 8
20 COLOR 1
30 PRINT
trevor ayer wrote:well thanks for the tip larry .. i will be sure to ignore it :bigrin: .. i really don't see my fun little effort as a failure at all
40 PRINT
Larry B. wrote:People usually forget that it's ok to fail :noclue:
50 GOTO 30

RUN

trevor ayer

#82 Post by trevor ayer » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:59 am

trevor ayer

#83 Post by trevor ayer » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:08 am

new music video for end to the lies from the world famous FIXED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp2BI1y1 ... e=youtu.be

JOEinPHX

#84 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:07 am

LOCK THIS PLEASE

Hokahey
Site Admin

#85 Post by Hokahey » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:31 am

trevor ayer wrote:new music video for end to the lies from the world famous FIXED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp2BI1y1 ... e=youtu.be
He dude. I'm pretty sure no one cares. Not trying to be mean, but sometimes you have to face reality.

All you're doing now is pimping your stuff to people that dont want it.

Matz

#86 Post by Matz » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:00 am

I'm glad he posted it, I had forgotten how bad it is

JOEinPHX

#87 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:08 am

His video skills are as solid as his remixing skills, that's for sure.

And his timing is impeccable.

Just as Jane's is releasing a video for the 3rd single from the album, he does a video for the song they released a year ago. :lol:

farrellgirl99

#88 Post by farrellgirl99 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:42 pm

wow what a shitshow. im glad this was brought to the front so i saw it :lol:

imail724

#89 Post by imail724 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:57 pm

In case you didn't realize yet, he's just trying to get people to click his link so he can brag about how many views it has. :balls:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#90 Post by Hokahey » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:51 pm

I think this is the better forum for this. :hehe:

Jasper

#91 Post by Jasper » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:49 am

hokahey wrote:I think this is the better forum for this. :hehe:
:lolol: :thumb:

trevor ayer

#92 Post by trevor ayer » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:19 am

u know the site u hate u act more like it every day

but thanks for checkin it out .. 45 views overnight from this board alone .. even tho u try to bury me in random crap forums .. :lol:

prolly just hoka on repeat 45 times until the shame of loving my video so much forced him to bury my thread so he could save face in front of his boyfriends :nod:

JOEinPHX

#93 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:42 am

My Underground video is better than your ETTL video

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xo0f2z_underound_fun

Hokahey
Site Admin

#94 Post by Hokahey » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:30 am

trevor ayer wrote:u know the site u hate u act more like it every day

but thanks for checkin it out .. 45 views overnight from this board alone .. even tho u try to bury me in random crap forums .. :lol:

prolly just hoka on repeat 45 times until the shame of loving my video so much forced him to bury my thread so he could save face in front of his boyfriends :nod:

These forums are not here to serve as a promotional tool for your bullshit. Especially in the section meant for discussion regarding things that are actually relevant to Janes Addiction. No one likes your shitty remixes. Win em over in this section of the board and you can have you very own thread in the Janes section again. :thumb:

Larry B.

#95 Post by Larry B. » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:31 am

Matz wrote:I'm glad he posted it, I had forgotten how bad it is
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JOEinPHX

#96 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:36 am

trevor ayer

#97 Post by trevor ayer » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:32 pm

hokahey wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:u know the site u hate u act more like it every day

These forums are not here to serve as a promotional tool for your bullshit. Especially in the section meant for discussion regarding things that are actually relevant to Janes Addiction. No one likes your shitty remixes. Win em over in this section of the board and you can have you very own thread in the Janes section again. :thumb:

ya know what hoka .. since u pussied out and tried to bury me in this drunk and slum forum .. i'm just gonna be strait up with you

you are full of shit .. completely .. my thread is 5 pages long with contributions both positive and negative from plenty of people other than me. 1400 views so it was certainly interesting to some people .. i don't care if u wanna pretend my mixes suck to make yourself feel better but lets get it strait .. people on here REQUESTED that i post this remix project that I DID FOR FUN .. i am not promoting anything .. i am sharing like everyone else on here does

you all post all sorts of crap you call art or jokes all over the main news site .. yet when i post something actually mostly made by janes .. as a fan .. that came out pretty good .. that i am NOT SELLING or making any money off of ... you wanna label it promoting .. bullshit .. just bullshit ..ur full of bullshit dude ..

tyler durden asked for a vid of end to the lies with the sonny interview in it .. i spent all of 15 minutes throwing it together .. and i tacked it on my original thread since i used my remix to add to the thread .. one fuckin post and u freak out like a jealous girl and try to bury it .. what are u AFRAID that some one other than your circle jerk will hear it and actually like it? yeah i think so

anyone without 6767's dick up their ass would have at very leas posted it in the art forum .. clearly you have some sort of personal agenda

kv

#98 Post by kv » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:33 pm

yeah that may be i mean you are an asshole after all maybe this is to slight you and if so /cheers to hoka

JOEinPHX

#99 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:29 pm

trevor ayer wrote:
anyone without 6767's dick up their ass would have at very leas posted it in the art forum .. clearly you have some sort of personal agenda
Oh yeah, i'm just everyone's fucking buddy around here.

Are you fucking high?

No one even got along with me up until about a year ago. And we still rarely agree on fuckall.

Artemis

#100 Post by Artemis » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:33 pm

maybe i've missed something, but so what if trevor ayer posted his video and remixes??

the reaction seems kinda harsh. he's not a close personal friend of mine or anything, i just don't see what the big hairy deal is. :noclue: