Do YOU want Dave to release a solo record?

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Juana

Re: Do YOU want Dave to release a solo record?

#26 Post by Juana » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:14 am

Yeah but I think he's got the eyeliner on to be "dark" or whatever. But hell he is in his mid to late 40's if the man wants to dress like he shops at hot topic that's all him.

Larry B.

#27 Post by Larry B. » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:35 am

Jasper

#28 Post by Jasper » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Sure, I guess it would be swell if Dave released a solo album. Nevertheless, I'd like to see that energy go into another JA record.

Dave may crave the freedom to do what he wants, and I can't fault him for that, and maybe some of the things he wants to do are pretty cool, but it seems like his music tends to get produced to death. What I want to hear is that instrumental music from the JA in the studio clips. I don't want it tinkered with, and I don't want it to have vocals. If that's part of a Dave solo album, and there's more stuff involved of similar quality, then yeah, a Dave solo album would be nice. It just really needs to be something new and different, not something that fits in some stupid commercial rock mold. Make it an outlet for the weirder, more experimental stuff. Don't try to use it as some crass bid to maintain or increase rock stardom.

Deconstruction

#29 Post by Deconstruction » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:15 pm

Would love to hear it, Dave has a surprisingly good voice. I'm surprised he doesn't do more backing vocals at shows (he pretends to do them while the backing track is playing for the ETTL chorus).

Hokahey
Site Admin

#30 Post by Hokahey » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Now that TGEA is out I'm ready for Jane's to break up again. I'd like Dave, Steve and Eric to do something. Fuck a solo album.