Casey Niccoli on the creation of Jane's album covers

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Tyler Durden

Casey Niccoli on the creation of Jane's album covers

#1 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:29 am

These quotes are from Facebook (this week). I wonder if Casey challenging Perry's account of things and his artistic contributions makes her a "troll" like the rest of us? :hehe:
Casey Niccoli wrote:Here's my input! We created both covers together. The Nothing Shocking idea was Perry's and came to him in a dream. My creative contribution was major and like Jack said, I re-sculptured my entire body sanding mostly by hand, because the casting was done wrong. Perry was away on tour during this time so most of the hands on work was done by me. The final painting and beading work were done by me. Perry designed the rocking chair and sought out a local furniture builder to make it. Perry and I also photographed the sculpture together in our storefront/live in art space. We used rubber cement to ignite the heads. If you ask Perry unfortunately you will probably get a totally different story! He also has no memory of me naming both Ritual and Nothing Shocking album titles. But that's OK whether anyone believes me or not is not important. It's not like I was getting paid for these things! I did them out of love and that's why they turned out great.
Casey Niccoli wrote:Unfortunately I have no idea where either one of them ended up. :( Perry and I have not spoken in over 15 years so you would have to ask him. Perry kept all of OUR art in his possession so hopefully its safe. The Nothing Shocking sculpture was damaged many times over because its a very heavy and fragile piece of life size art.
Casey Niccoli wrote:The Ritual sculpture was vandalized when we were still together and was repaired and put in storage.

Larry B.

Re: Casey Niccoli on the creation of Jane's album covers

#2 Post by Larry B. » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:35 am

Cool stuff. Specially about the album titles :aoa:

Casey: :boobs:

bman

#3 Post by bman » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:51 am

I don't know what Perry remembers today...but back in 90 he credited the whole concept of the album RItual as a Vibe that He and Casey came up with. Then he said it was an LA vibe.

cursed male

#4 Post by cursed male » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:58 am

Go Casey! :rockon:

trevor ayer

#5 Post by trevor ayer » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:21 am

i knew casey wrote 3 days, i just knew it!!!!

Tyler Durden

#6 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:23 am

trevor ayer wrote:i knew casey wrote 3 days, i just knew it!!!!
:lolol:

JOEinPHX

#7 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:43 pm

i've been saying this all along. :lol:

JOEinPHX

#8 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:These quotes are from Facebook (this week). I wonder if Casey challenging Perry's account of things and his artistic contributions makes her a "troll" like the rest of us? :hehe:
Still though, we're not nearly as bad as those bastards over at xiola.org

Those people are ruthless and pathetic.

Tyler Durden

#9 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:10 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:These quotes are from Facebook (this week). I wonder if Casey challenging Perry's account of things and his artistic contributions makes her a "troll" like the rest of us? :hehe:
Still though, we're not nearly as bad as those bastards over at xiola.org

Those people are ruthless and pathetic.
:lolol:

jptm

#10 Post by jptm » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:23 pm

if you look at the liner notes on TGEA, perry didn't even do most of the physical art for the collage of the album cover. they even photoshopped the wallpaper of the room *along w/etty*... he didn't make the set or the props & also had help w/the 'character fabrication'... there were at least 7 other people that helped do the album cover; so maybe casey should be flattered a little bit that she got THAT much out of perry.

and the whole idea doesn't even compare to RDLH or NS....

CaseyContrarian

#11 Post by CaseyContrarian » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:42 pm

God, I love Casey. Such a sweet and talented person. :love:
jptm wrote:if you look at the liner notes on TGEA, perry didn't even do most of the physical art for the collage of the album cover. they even photoshopped the wallpaper of the room *along w/etty*... he didn't make the set or the props & also had help w/the 'character fabrication'... there were at least 7 other people that helped do the album cover; so maybe casey should be flattered a little bit that she got THAT much out of perry.

and the whole idea doesn't even compare to RDLH or NS....