Will the Feb 2012 tour be these 2?

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Jasper

Re: Will the Feb 2012 tour be these 2?

#61 Post by Jasper » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Original Peppers were best Peppers. Hillel Slovak was THE MAN. Uplift Mofo was their best album. Admittedly, Mother's Milk might be their second best, but as good as BSSM was, it was overproduced (my opinion, relax) and sapped some of that crisper, punkier sound right out of them.

Fuckin' Hillel - this is beauty:

This is the real RHCP :nod: :

JOEinPHX

#62 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:24 pm

what a bunch of shirtless assheads.

Kajicat

#63 Post by Kajicat » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:29 pm

Jasper wrote:Fuckin' Hillel - this is beauty:
That was actually one of the songs from the s/t that was written by Jack Sherman. But Hillel did write Out in LA, Get Up And Jump, Police Helicopter, Green Heaven, and a little of Baby Appeal. Sherman wasn't bad at all though, as I really like the song you posted + Buckle Down and Baby Appeal.

CaseyContrarian

#64 Post by CaseyContrarian » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:51 pm

Hate the band with a passion, but I disagree about MM vs BSSM. The former has that shitty chorus on the guitar on every goddamn song, and the snare has that awful gated reverb. It sounded tacky even the day it came out.

OHM is the only musically listenable RHCP record.

Jasper wrote:Original Peppers were best Peppers. Hillel Slovak was THE MAN. Uplift Mofo was their best album. Admittedly, Mother's Milk might be their second best, but as good as BSSM was, it was overproduced (my opinion, relax) and sapped some of that crisper, punkier sound right out of them.

Matz

#65 Post by Matz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:59 pm

Kajicat wrote:
That was actually one of the songs from the s/t that was written by Jack Sherman. But Hillel did write Out in LA, Get Up And Jump, Police Helicopter, Green Heaven, and a little of Baby Appeal. Sherman wasn't bad at all though, as I really like the song you posted + Buckle Down and Baby Appeal.
Really, I didn't know that. I thought that Flea and Hillel wrote everything up to Mother's Milk. Where did you get that information?

guysmiley

#66 Post by guysmiley » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Jasper wrote:Original Peppers were best Peppers. Hillel Slovak was THE MAN. Uplift Mofo was their best album. Admittedly, Mother's Milk might be their second best, but as good as BSSM was, it was overproduced (my opinion, relax) and sapped some of that crisper, punkier sound right out of them.

Agreed.

kv

#67 Post by kv » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:42 pm

:rockon: :banana:

Tyler Durden

#68 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:31 pm

Kajicat wrote:
Not to mention, it's Sherman playing on the track, not Hillel.

creep
Site Admin

#69 Post by creep » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:40 pm

:lol: oops

Kajicat

#70 Post by Kajicat » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:23 pm

Matz wrote:
Kajicat wrote:
Really, I didn't know that. I thought that Flea and Hillel wrote everything up to Mother's Milk. Where did you get that information?
From the credits in the booklet of the album. Hillel and Irons had inked a deal with their other band at the time, so when RHCP (the other band they were members of) also signed a deal, Hillel and Irons couldn't play on the album, which is why they were replaced with Jack Sherman and Cliff Martinez. About half of the songs were written by Hillel, Irons, Flea, and AK while the other half were written by Jack, Cliff, Flea, and AK...but all were performed by Jack, Cliff, Flea, and AK.

Here's the songwriting credits according to Wikipedia:

1. "True Men Don't Kill Coyotes" Kiedis, Balzary, Martinez, Sherman 3:40
2. "Baby Appeal" Kiedis, Balzary, Martinez, Sherman, Slovak 3:41
3. "Buckle Down" Kiedis, Balzary, Martinez, Sherman 3:24
4. "Get Up and Jump" Kiedis, Balzary, Slovak, Irons 2:53
5. "Why Don't You Love Me" (Hank Williams cover) Williams 3:25
6. "Green Heaven" Kiedis, Balzary, Slovak, Irons 3:59
7. "Mommy, Where's Daddy?" Kiedis, Balzary, Martinez, Sherman 3:31
8. "Out in L.A." Kiedis, Balzary, Slovak, Irons 2:01
9. "Police Helicopter" Kiedis, Balzary, Slovak, Irons 1:16
10. "You Always Sing the Same" (listed as "You Always Sing" on some releases) Kiedis, Balzary 0:19
11. "Grand Pappy Du Plenty" Kiedis, Balzary, Martinez, Sherman, Gill 4:15

Personnel
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Flea – bass
Anthony Kiedis – vocals
Cliff Martinez – drums
Jack Sherman – guitar

Jasper

#71 Post by Jasper » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:36 pm

creep wrote:
:lol: oops
Eh, it's still pure beauty. At least it's performed by someone who was hired to pretend to be Hillel Slovak. I wonder who really came up with the bulk of the piece. My guess is Flea, but who knows.

Anyways, here's Dave playing part of it:

sinep

#72 Post by sinep » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:10 am

CaseyContrarian wrote: This is the real RHCP :nod: :
[/quote]

if i were in a modern rock band, and had a single coming out, i think i would want the music video to just be a direct shot for shot remake of the fight like a brave video.