Will the Feb 2012 tour be these 2?

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
creep
Site Admin

Re: Will the Feb 2012 tour be these 2?

#51 Post by creep » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:04 pm

Kajicat wrote:The video is flipped. Everyone is playing left handed. The dude who uploaded it on youtube says he had to do this because of copyright issues.
i was wondering why the video was flipped like that

Tyler Durden

#52 Post by Tyler Durden » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:35 pm

creep wrote:
Kajicat wrote:The video is flipped. Everyone is playing left handed. The dude who uploaded it on youtube says he had to do this because of copyright issues.
i was wondering why the video was flipped like that
NBC is militant about having their stuff pulled from YouTube.

Matz

#53 Post by Matz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:58 am

creep wrote:ok..what is strange about the guitar playing in this video. not talking about the sound. anyone?
it's a high energy song that calls for a high energy solo. Instead John plays this mellow little thing which could be what pissed Anthony off, still shouldn't have kicked him for it though. Flea said that in that particular period on the BSSM tour John would often do the opposite of what the band was doing, when they were quiet he was loud and vice versa.

Larry B.

#54 Post by Larry B. » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:29 am

Matz wrote:
creep wrote:ok..what is strange about the guitar playing in this video. not talking about the sound. anyone?
it's a high energy song that calls for a high energy solo. Instead John plays this mellow little thing which could be what pissed Anthony off, still shouldn't have kicked him for it though. Flea said that in that particular period on the BSSM tour John would often do the opposite of what the band was doing, when they were quiet he was loud and vice versa.
Yup. That's what pisses me off the most about John. Aside from his stupid fucking face and his cursed-poet pose.

That SNL performance would have been PERFECT if John hadn't played such a mind-numbingly stupid solo. Everyone is rocking the shit out of the song, providing a great foundation for a proper solo, and John Frustrating plays like 'clank-clink... clenk-clank-cloink... clank-clank-cloonk..."

Fucking asshole.

Matz

#55 Post by Matz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:22 pm

calm down Larry, he only did it in that time period, check out his solos for SCB during the MM tour and you'll see how it's done, I LOVE that John, amazing.

I just watched Under the bridge again from SNL which I hadn't in a long time. And in a way, ironically, what he's doing is very rock'n roll cause he's rebelling against his band, against succes, money, stupid the teenage fans of the band that he hates etc. To me it's actually a very cool moment not saying it's right though. It took a lot of balls too to do that on what's essentially a live family oriented program I guess too, screaming WHOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO and all that stuff and the aggressive guitar playing.....it's fuckin cool

JOEinPHX

#56 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:33 pm

Matz wrote:calm down Larry, he only did it in that time period, check out his solos for SCB during the MM tour and you'll see how it's done, I LOVE that John, amazing.

I just watched Under the bridge again from SNL which I hadn't in a long time. And in a way, ironically, what he's doing is very rock'n roll cause he's rebelling against his band, against succes, money, stupid the teenage fans of the band that he hates etc. To me it's actually a very cool moment not saying it's right though. It took a lot of balls too to do that on what's essentially a live family oriented program I guess too, screaming WHOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO and all that stuff and the aggressive guitar playing.....it's fuckin cool
The irony is that that band has always been a bunch of punkass bitches who act likes fools in public. But the moment John started doing it for real, they got mad. :lol:

Fucking frauds.

Kajicat

#57 Post by Kajicat » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:58 pm

John's guitar playing is excellent in the Stone Cold Bush performance on SNL, I seriously like the tone he has...but yeah, the solo just doesn't fit. The other 3 are rocking the fuck out while John is over in the corner playing with some other band that only exists in his head. It seriously looks like he's in a completely different band from the rest of them during the solo. I'd kick him too, knowing he's doing it on purpose and that it doesn't sound good. I seriously wish Chad had fucked him up one night to kick his ass into gear. Would have been a great story piece too... :lol:

trevor ayer

#58 Post by trevor ayer » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:19 pm

yeah well the peppers kinda sucked before frusciante .. mothers milk was mostly flea and anthony .. stone cold bush blows as a song in general .. they should kiss frusciantes ass for the magic he brought to the table on blood sugar .. cant blame him for not wanting to jump around like a moron to a really bad song

Warped

#59 Post by Warped » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:42 am

Matz wrote:calm down Larry, he only did it in that time period, check out his solos for SCB during the MM tour and you'll see how it's done, I LOVE that John, amazing.

Yes i agree. I always liked that. And that he pissed Mr. King Anthony off is even better. I can't stand that guy. :no:

Kajicat

#60 Post by Kajicat » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:15 am

trevor ayer wrote:yeah well the peppers kinda sucked before frusciante .. mothers milk was mostly flea and anthony .. stone cold bush blows as a song in general .. they should kiss frusciantes ass for the magic he brought to the table on blood sugar .. cant blame him for not wanting to jump around like a moron to a really bad song
Wha...I respect your opinion but I think Uplift Mofo Party Plan and Freaky Styley are both excellent! As far as MM is concerned Stone Cold Bush is an excellent sexfunk ride through the land of the Positive Mental Octopus. :boobs:

Jasper

#61 Post by Jasper » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Original Peppers were best Peppers. Hillel Slovak was THE MAN. Uplift Mofo was their best album. Admittedly, Mother's Milk might be their second best, but as good as BSSM was, it was overproduced (my opinion, relax) and sapped some of that crisper, punkier sound right out of them.

Fuckin' Hillel - this is beauty:

This is the real RHCP :nod: :

JOEinPHX

#62 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:24 pm

what a bunch of shirtless assheads.

Kajicat

#63 Post by Kajicat » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:29 pm

Jasper wrote:Fuckin' Hillel - this is beauty:
That was actually one of the songs from the s/t that was written by Jack Sherman. But Hillel did write Out in LA, Get Up And Jump, Police Helicopter, Green Heaven, and a little of Baby Appeal. Sherman wasn't bad at all though, as I really like the song you posted + Buckle Down and Baby Appeal.

CaseyContrarian

#64 Post by CaseyContrarian » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:51 pm

Hate the band with a passion, but I disagree about MM vs BSSM. The former has that shitty chorus on the guitar on every goddamn song, and the snare has that awful gated reverb. It sounded tacky even the day it came out.

OHM is the only musically listenable RHCP record.

Jasper wrote:Original Peppers were best Peppers. Hillel Slovak was THE MAN. Uplift Mofo was their best album. Admittedly, Mother's Milk might be their second best, but as good as BSSM was, it was overproduced (my opinion, relax) and sapped some of that crisper, punkier sound right out of them.

Matz

#65 Post by Matz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:59 pm

Kajicat wrote:
That was actually one of the songs from the s/t that was written by Jack Sherman. But Hillel did write Out in LA, Get Up And Jump, Police Helicopter, Green Heaven, and a little of Baby Appeal. Sherman wasn't bad at all though, as I really like the song you posted + Buckle Down and Baby Appeal.
Really, I didn't know that. I thought that Flea and Hillel wrote everything up to Mother's Milk. Where did you get that information?

guysmiley

#66 Post by guysmiley » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Jasper wrote:Original Peppers were best Peppers. Hillel Slovak was THE MAN. Uplift Mofo was their best album. Admittedly, Mother's Milk might be their second best, but as good as BSSM was, it was overproduced (my opinion, relax) and sapped some of that crisper, punkier sound right out of them.

Agreed.

kv

#67 Post by kv » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:42 pm

:rockon: :banana:

Tyler Durden

#68 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:31 pm

Kajicat wrote:
Not to mention, it's Sherman playing on the track, not Hillel.

creep
Site Admin

#69 Post by creep » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:40 pm

:lol: oops

Kajicat

#70 Post by Kajicat » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:23 pm

Matz wrote:
Kajicat wrote:
Really, I didn't know that. I thought that Flea and Hillel wrote everything up to Mother's Milk. Where did you get that information?
From the credits in the booklet of the album. Hillel and Irons had inked a deal with their other band at the time, so when RHCP (the other band they were members of) also signed a deal, Hillel and Irons couldn't play on the album, which is why they were replaced with Jack Sherman and Cliff Martinez. About half of the songs were written by Hillel, Irons, Flea, and AK while the other half were written by Jack, Cliff, Flea, and AK...but all were performed by Jack, Cliff, Flea, and AK.

Here's the songwriting credits according to Wikipedia:

1. "True Men Don't Kill Coyotes" Kiedis, Balzary, Martinez, Sherman 3:40
2. "Baby Appeal" Kiedis, Balzary, Martinez, Sherman, Slovak 3:41
3. "Buckle Down" Kiedis, Balzary, Martinez, Sherman 3:24
4. "Get Up and Jump" Kiedis, Balzary, Slovak, Irons 2:53
5. "Why Don't You Love Me" (Hank Williams cover) Williams 3:25
6. "Green Heaven" Kiedis, Balzary, Slovak, Irons 3:59
7. "Mommy, Where's Daddy?" Kiedis, Balzary, Martinez, Sherman 3:31
8. "Out in L.A." Kiedis, Balzary, Slovak, Irons 2:01
9. "Police Helicopter" Kiedis, Balzary, Slovak, Irons 1:16
10. "You Always Sing the Same" (listed as "You Always Sing" on some releases) Kiedis, Balzary 0:19
11. "Grand Pappy Du Plenty" Kiedis, Balzary, Martinez, Sherman, Gill 4:15

Personnel
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Flea – bass
Anthony Kiedis – vocals
Cliff Martinez – drums
Jack Sherman – guitar

Jasper

#71 Post by Jasper » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:36 pm

creep wrote:
:lol: oops
Eh, it's still pure beauty. At least it's performed by someone who was hired to pretend to be Hillel Slovak. I wonder who really came up with the bulk of the piece. My guess is Flea, but who knows.

Anyways, here's Dave playing part of it:

sinep

#72 Post by sinep » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:10 am

CaseyContrarian wrote: This is the real RHCP :nod: :
[/quote]

if i were in a modern rock band, and had a single coming out, i think i would want the music video to just be a direct shot for shot remake of the fight like a brave video.