jane's selling their autographs for money

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
feathers mcgraw

Re: jane's selling their autographs for money

#21 Post by feathers mcgraw » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:32 pm

Bandit72 wrote:
kv wrote:
feathers mcgraw wrote:
Juana wrote:on the guitar one that is the SE model from what it says and most of those sell for about $600-800 so yeah that one they're definitely ripping the fans off.

My mistake, fuck this band :lol:
naw juana is wrong that model sells for at least 2400 online...so they are just charging 400 to sign it :lol:
Must be an expensive pen they're using.
Diamond encrusted sharpie. Stolen out of Etty's pencil case.

Larry B.

#22 Post by Larry B. » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:12 pm

feathers mcgraw wrote:
Bandit72 wrote:
kv wrote:
feathers mcgraw wrote:
Juana wrote:on the guitar one that is the SE model from what it says and most of those sell for about $600-800 so yeah that one they're definitely ripping the fans off.

naw juana is wrong that model sells for at least 2400 online...so they are just charging 400 to sign it :lol:
Must be an expensive pen they're using.
Diamond encrusted sharpie. Stolen out of Etty's pencil case.
Instead of 'pencil case' my brain immediately read 'fucking uptight asshole'.

Juana

#23 Post by Juana » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:01 pm

kv wrote:
feathers mcgraw wrote:

The SE's are made in Korea. So if they're charging $2400 for it people are getting ripped off since the PRS SE line (which that ad on that sight says Navarro SE) is the budget line for PRS, so either Dave or PRS is ripping people off for a SE since:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search/s ... ion=PRS+SE
This limited edition package also comes with a Signature Model Paul Reed Smith guitar (Model PRS SE Dave Navarro in Jet White color), also autographed by the entire band (on the BACK of the guitar), and shipped directly to you.
So whatever jackass made the ad for the band doesn't know shit about guitars or they're REALLY ripping people off for a Korean made guitar, and charging American made prices on it. Either way I would never buy the Navarro model anyway its a Custom 24 with a coil tap.

Now this is something worth the money and happy I have one. :rockon:

Matz

#24 Post by Matz » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:04 pm

what a beauty!

Juana

#25 Post by Juana » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:18 pm

Yeah Brazilian Rosewood the sustain on it is amazing. LOL and I wouldn't let them autograph it. I have a knock off strat I wouldn't mind them signing though :rockon: for free of course

CaseyContrarian

#26 Post by CaseyContrarian » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:03 pm

Not a PRS fan. Tone is very... specific.

Is that a monster Tortex pick there, or what?
Juana wrote:Yeah Brazilian Rosewood the sustain on it is amazing. LOL and I wouldn't let them autograph it. I have a knock off strat I wouldn't mind them signing though :rockon: for free of course

Juana

#27 Post by Juana » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:13 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:Not a PRS fan. Tone is very... specific.

Is that a monster Tortex pick there, or what?
Juana wrote:Yeah Brazilian Rosewood the sustain on it is amazing. LOL and I wouldn't let them autograph it. I have a knock off strat I wouldn't mind them signing though :rockon: for free of course
Yeah I play with really thick picks or I will break them. They're like .73mm or something like that.

embrace_the_darkness

#28 Post by embrace_the_darkness » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:28 pm

creep wrote:nothing wrong with that. for $35 you get the cd, tshirt and autographed poster. seems like a good deal to me. this is obviously to help sell cd's...not to cash in on their autograph.
It cost me $55 with international shipping

drifter

#29 Post by drifter » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:58 pm

sorry, off subject, on subject. dug this up

Matz

#30 Post by Matz » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:22 pm

interesting way to look at serial killer art I suppose. I would be freaked out if that was hangin on my wall though

guysmiley

#31 Post by guysmiley » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:04 am

Haven't seen or heard about this guitar, but it doesn't appear to be the same American line of PRS's Dave had a signature guitar with . If it is an SE like the ad states, than Juana is right.

Lokus

#32 Post by Lokus » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:14 am

There's actually a video of an interview Gacy did in prison where he's holding and talking about that painting Dave has. Go to 1:05.

Juana

#33 Post by Juana » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:10 am

guysmiley wrote:Haven't seen or heard about this guitar, but it doesn't appear to be the same American line of PRS's Dave had a signature guitar with . If it is an SE like the ad states, than Juana is right.
Yeah I think it is an SE but I don't know if Dave's SE line is out yet since they do these in waves and Tim Hahoney and the guys from Opeth just released SE lines so it's probably coming out next year sometime that could by why there are only 20, or that is why they jacked up the price on a SE but I don't see the value in getting a signed SE for almost the price of a 10 top or for a little bit more a Private Stock. Or hell for less the Swawp Ash Narrowfield one that thing is awesome and like $400 less.