TGEA LIVE DISC

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
erotic cheeses

TGEA LIVE DISC

#1 Post by erotic cheeses » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:33 am

i actually think that this is rather good - the only real problem is perry's awful (but now standard fare) and obvious intros to songs; and his mexican impression - surely offensive to the natives??

that aside this disc really rocks imho

Tyler Durden

Re: TGEA LIVE DISC

#2 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Mexican impression? :scared:

Pandemonium

#3 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:16 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:Mexican impression? :scared:
Yeah, during the introduction to "Superhero," Perry says something like "me would like to beee a superheerowwww" in a horribly offensive Cheech Marin/Speedy Gonzalas-type voice.

Tyler Durden

#4 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Yeah, during the introduction to "Superhero," Perry says something like "me would like to beee a superheerowwww" in a horribly offensive Cheech Marin/Speedy Gonzalas-type voice.
Wow. Like we needed one more reason to hate that song.

Pandemonium

#5 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:

Tyler Durden

#6 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
I just watched the first minute of that. It never ceases to amaze me how fucking shit that song is. That song is what officially killed Jane's Addiction for me.

Pandemonium

#7 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:44 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:I just watched the first minute of that. It never ceases to amaze me how fucking shit that song is. That song is what officially killed Jane's Addiction for me.
Yeah, I'm probably one of the few knuckelheads here that like Strays for what it is - a decent hard rock record - and yet I really can't stand this song.

Tyler Durden

#8 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:48 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:I just watched the first minute of that. It never ceases to amaze me how fucking shit that song is. That song is what officially killed Jane's Addiction for me.
Yeah, I'm probably one of the few knuckelheads here that like Strays for what it is - a decent hard rock record - and yet I really can't stand this song.
I like Strays for what it is too (though it is not a Jane's album :wink: ).

tcrock

#9 Post by tcrock » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:39 am

I finally got around to the second disc.......yeah the speedy gonzales stuff was pretty bad......but the recording was pretty damn good. I do skip Superhero without question

Kajicat

#10 Post by Kajicat » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:58 am

Pandemonium wrote:
:nod: I think Strays is a strong rock record, but I skip Superhero every single time I listen to it.

Bandit72

#11 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:42 pm

Perry is an embarrassment when talking to the crowd. Perry they speak Spanish, no "let's take the piss English". I always skip Superhero. I still don't find this live CD as good as when they did NIN/JA.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#12 Post by Hokahey » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:34 am

If the lyrics were not so stupid it could be an okay song musically. Sort of makes me think of a BCS type song musically.

NYRexall

#13 Post by NYRexall » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:30 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Man, I'm glad I didn't throw down for the deluxe edition. It's bad enough they're still performing this song, worse that they're charging extra for a live disc that includes it, and then take the song to new levels of mediocrity with a stereotypical intro.

Shame on you, Perry. How would you like it if someone walked up to your wife and started speaking to her in a faux-asian accent?

Dumbass.