Three Days (Jam Track) for Guitarists

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Pillar Girl

Three Days (Jam Track) for Guitarists

#1 Post by Pillar Girl » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:29 pm

ive looked all over for a decent drum/bass jam-a-long version for Three Days for the last few years,
and have found various tabs ect.., but nothing recorded that sounds anything decent. so i took it upon
myself a few months ago working on a project ive had, im finally done, of course its not 100% perfect
to the original version, there's no way in the world to get that unless you get a live drummer who knows the
song, or Perkins comes and plays it in your living room.

but its playable for sure, so if you're a guitarist, and wanted to jam along to just the drum/bass of Three Days,
well here's your chance, again i repeat, its not 100% accurate/perfect, but i put alot of work into it, and got it
close as i could with tempo.

link -> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZCCNQUO3
tuning is standard

i do have other JA tracks for jamming as well ive worked on, such as Ocean Size, Aint no Right, Up The Beach
that ive done myself for those who are interested, but i thought i would share this one first, get some feedback.

this is a very very difficult song to replicate, but i figured its worth an effort.

~enjoy

bman

Re: Three Days (Jam Track) for Guitarists

#2 Post by bman » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:30 am

Pillar Girl wrote:ive looked all over for a decent drum/bass jam-a-long version for Three Days for the last few years,
and have found various tabs ect.., but nothing recorded that sounds anything decent. so i took it upon
myself a few months ago working on a project ive had, im finally done, of course its not 100% perfect
to the original version, there's no way in the world to get that unless you get a live drummer who knows the
song, or Perkins comes and plays it in your living room.

but its playable for sure, so if you're a guitarist, and wanted to jam along to just the drum/bass of Three Days,
well here's your chance, again i repeat, its not 100% accurate/perfect, but i put alot of work into it, and got it
close as i could with tempo.

link -> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZCCNQUO3
tuning is standard

Hey, can you PM me your other tracks?

i do have other JA tracks for jamming as well ive worked on, such as Ocean Size, Aint no Right, Up The Beach
that ive done myself for those who are interested, but i thought i would share this one first, get some feedback.

this is a very very difficult song to replicate, but i figured its worth an effort.

~enjoy

nausearockpig

#3 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:34 pm

Sweet! Thanks mate.

nausearockpig

#4 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:27 am

maaaaaan.... I fucking LOVED that... There's no way that I would ever be able to work out how to play guitar along to it but it certainly is a really good listen....

thanks and if you feel like doing any more of these, know that I'll download and enjoy them!

Pillar Girl

#5 Post by Pillar Girl » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:40 am

i'll post more of a breakdown of the song for guitarists in the same tempo.

basically i'll post the guitar tracks (recorded of course) by themselves, and then i'll post a version with the
guitar/bass/drums for this song as well. even if you look at standard text tabs for this song, its playable
to this version ive posted.

but i'll record those guitar tracks so you can hear it from a different perspective if that helps.

nausearockpig

#6 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:08 am

cool man thanks, I'll dig around for some tabs..

Pillar Girl

#7 Post by Pillar Girl » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:57 am

oki...so this is in 3 parts - all in one file

first part is just the guitars by themselves, 2nd part is guitars/bass - and 3rd is guitar/bass/drums

so this is just the intro slow part, before the middle jam...if you want a bastardized solo & outro as well
i can record it, but i figured its not needed for learning the basics of this song.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=24605IVC

hopefully this helps, i'll post Ocean Size later this week(end) ~ enjoy

nausearockpig

#8 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:31 pm

great! thanks.