Perry Farrell on Google+

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects

Pandemonium

Re: Perry Farrell on Google+

#2 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:31 am

I couldn't get through the first 10 seconds of that. The first dude sounded like someone from Howard Stern's Wack Pack. Did Perry rattle off any anti-Eric or Sonny/Xiola jokes?

Tyler Durden

#3 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:37 am

Pandemonium wrote:
I couldn't get through the first 10 seconds of that. The first dude sounded like someone from Howard Stern's Wack Pack. Did Perry rattle off any anti-Eric or Sonny/Xiola jokes?
Oh...so you didn't get to the part where Perry says he won't drink anything under $100 a bottle? :no:

Jasper

#4 Post by Jasper » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:44 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
Oh...so you didn't get to the part where Perry says he won't drink anything under $100 a bottle? :no:
Don't knock it - it keeps money circulating. There's a huge worldwide surplus of wine, so we need people who think they know better than the wine experts (who routinely fail blind taste tests) to throw some money in there and help the industry. I don't want the orchards to get paved over. :noclue:

Pandemonium

#5 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:46 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
Nahhh, Once I saw that guy probably from Mike's board tell a joke, I opted out of that trainwreck.

blackcoffee

#6 Post by blackcoffee » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:45 am

There was an old Jane's contract for live shows that stated he wanted $50 or better wine. I think if you're traveling as much as you are and can't take care of the details, setting a price might weed out much but not all of the bad stuff.

Tyler Durden

#7 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:42 pm

blackcoffee wrote:There was an old Jane's contract for live shows that stated he wanted $50 or better wine. I think if you're traveling as much as you are and can't take care of the details, setting a price might weed out much but not all of the bad stuff.

That still doesn't change that he looks like a douche drinking expensive wine on webcam while fanboys (and girls) lick his ass. Embarrassing.

Artemis

#8 Post by Artemis » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
blackcoffee wrote:There was an old Jane's contract for live shows that stated he wanted $50 or better wine. I think if you're traveling as much as you are and can't take care of the details, setting a price might weed out much but not all of the bad stuff.

That still doesn't change that he looks like a douche drinking expensive wine on webcam while fanboys (and girls) lick his ass. Embarrassing.
It doesn't bother me. It would be more embarrassing if he was drinking some cheap plonk.

Jasper

#9 Post by Jasper » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:56 pm

Artemis wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

It doesn't bother me. It would be more embarrassing if he was drinking some cheap plonk.
Yeah, I must admit that I can't summon one single solitary fuck to give about anything like this.

Tyler Durden

#10 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:56 pm

Artemis wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

:lol: Fair enough. I guess my thing about the wine is a moot point. Psycho fans (of any band) really bother me...especially in this case, because Perry loves having his butt kissed.

Kajicat

#11 Post by Kajicat » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:42 pm

I don't care that Perry won't drink a bottle that's under $100. Fuck it, he has been drinking wine pretty much his whole life and knows what he likes, plus he's got the money for it. I'm not gonna' hate on that at all. Who are we to tell him he should be drinking cheaper wine? :noclue: :drink:

Pandemonium

#12 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:07 pm

It's really not the fact that he and his wife prefer certain material things most of which are considered "upper class" for want of a better word that bugs some people, it's the fact that he and his wife *have* to make it a point of conversation in their interviews, tweets, etc. I'm sure someone like George Harrison loved the finer things in life, but didn't go on about it publicly as if that somehow validates him above other people.

Tyler Durden

#13 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Pandemonium wrote:It's really not the fact that he and his wife prefer certain material things most of which are considered "upper class" for want of a better word that bugs some people, it's the fact that he and his wife *have* to make it a point of conversation in their interviews, tweets, etc. I'm sure someone like George Harrison loved the finer things in life, but didn't go on about it publicly as if that somehow validates him above other people.
Exactly.